Coffeelovers Under 10lbs To Go

Did my first couple days on carb cycling. Haven't managed to do it properly as it's all fresh food and nothing packaged, I'm a lazy cow and will need to use some packaged stuff.

Monday was a low carb day and yesterday a high carb one, but both days I was under 1200 cal and under 100 grams carbs so not really cycling properly yet. I can see it's going to take more planning for me to do it properly. However both days felt like I had plenty to eat, not hungry and made mostly good choices.

After my major pig out on Sunday, I've lost half a pound so pleased so far but like I said not doing it properly. Think low carb days are to be about 1200 cal and high 1500. I really did try to reach this but will continue.

Going to re read the book and plan better. Have to say I'm loving my fruit, nuts and seeds. Always thought it was a problem for me but so far so good.

Bought a lovely new italian, lemon and herb nut and seed mix from m&s and put on my salads and had a fuller longer grilled chicken teriyaki noodle meal as I got home late and tired so didn't feel like cooking. Not the best option I know.

Anyhow will continue on as I think it's a good fit for me. 9 stone 10lbs on the dot this morning so hopefully can lose a lb this week I know it will be slow going but not too fussed. xx

The nut & seed mix sounds nice.

I don't think I'm doing it properly either. I have trouble having protein for breakfast. I usually eat it when I get into work. Maybe I put protein powder in my muesli.. hmm...

Glad you're liking it so far x

Hi val, sounds like interesting food:)

Hello Val
Just caught up with your diary, you seem to be doing really well on the weight loss, love the sound of the seed mix , sounds yummy!
I'm still following SW, trying not to eat too many carbs, made a lovely prawn curry yesterday and had it with salad, many of the recipes I am using are low carb. Hope you are well x

What about protein powders PogMoma? I don't know anything about them but found a good one on amazon that may be a good option. I may try it too. This one has the seal of approval from the 'food babe' a food investigator that takes on big corporation food chains on their use of chemical and nasty ingredients. It's pricy though but if you only use once in a while would probably last.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00I1DZO...TF8&colid=3KSBH63HF4Q53&coliid=I37MIMZNA2VISM

Hello Val

I'm still following SW, trying not to eat too many carbs, made a lovely prawn curry yesterday and had it with salad, many of the recipes I am using are low carb. Hope you are well x

I love prawn curries Sandra. Doing SW low carb is a great option. I think you could slot all most any plan into SW it's so flexible. x

I have a few tubs of Herbalife protein powder at home so I'll have to finish them first but will be looking for an alternative. It's just easy and convenient especially if you're not feeling that hungry but you think you need something. I'm gonna have a look at that link you sent me when I get home x

Congrats on the half pound loss, that's terrific! :)

I don't think I'm doing it properly either. I have trouble having protein for breakfast. I usually eat it when I get into work. Maybe I put protein powder in my muesli.. hmm...

I don't like having protein for breakfast either. I'm dying to use my protein powder for shakes instead! As with everything Atkins-related I found conflicting advice when I searched to see if it's legal on induction, which I'm still doing. Because of that I held off for the first two weeks but would like to try it soon. The thought of eggs, sausage, ham, bacon and so on first thing in the morning does not appeal! Lately I've just been doing tea or coffee with whipping cream and coconut oil mixed in...not ideal, but palatable.

I don't like having protein for breakfast either. I'm dying to use my protein powder for shakes instead! As with everything Atkins-related I found conflicting advice when I searched to see if it's legal on induction, which I'm still doing. Because of that I held off for the first two weeks but would like to try it soon. The thought of eggs, sausage, ham, bacon and so on first thing in the morning does not appeal! Lately I've just been doing tea or coffee with whipping cream and coconut oil mixed in...not ideal, but palatable.

Have you tried bulletproof coffee? Google it and you'll get stuff you can read up on. Coffee with butter and maybe some coconut oil. Sounds gross but sooo yum. It's quite filling too :)

Have you tried bulletproof coffee? Google it and you'll get stuff you can read up on. Coffee with butter and maybe some coconut oil. Sounds gross but sooo yum. It's quite filling too :)

I've heard of it but I just can't bring myself to put butter in my coffee! I suppose it's not all that different from putting coconut oil in.

Funny I just got an email yesterday all about BPC I've never had it but quite a few on here have mentioned it. Always afraid it would be like drinking an oil slick.

Precision Nutrition » Coffee… upgraded? Is “Bulletproof Coffee” all it’s cracked up to be?

Yumm bought sweet & smokey shredded beetroot from tesco yesterday and it's lush.

Doing the mfp walk of shame and need to update last night's dinner as I ended up having a vodka martini due to stress :(

My son sent a text and said the friend that was to store all his stuff from uni over the summer and run him to the airport can't now! He was stressed as he also has 2 exams and needs to be out of his dorm by today after his last one, but he's hoping another friend will store it and then get a taxi to airport. Hate being so far away and unable to help and I was feeling anxious. Here's hoping it all works out. He's home Sunday morning and I can't wait to see him!

Working tomorrow so no alcohol tonight. Probably a good thing as I've not been sleeping much.

Have a good weekend everyone. X

Interesting article.

Enjoy your time with your son, I hope he gets his storage issues sorted out! I did the dorm thing for a few years myself and it's always stressful when plans go awry, especially at exam time. But in retrospect it was never as awful as it seemed at the time. :)

Well done val on being 9.10 that's fantastic....I'm so jealous!

as for the stressful situation I can completely feel you on that one. Only one more day to go and he's home with you. Isn't it awful when we can't do anything about it yet we sit there and make ourselves I'll with worry.

your meals are sounding very very nice :)

Thanks Lauren. Your so close to same weight you'll be there soon! May have done a bit of damage with food today but not stressing, even if I sts next week I'll count that as a result. M&S charlotte potato salad, sandwich on a bakery baguette and crisps. Yummy though.

He got everything sorted and made it to the hotel at the airport where he is now. He will be flying back tonight and arrive late tomorrow morning. I needed to know he arrived safely last night so stayed up until he sent text that he got to hotel at 9 pm his time- 3 am our time- and was up for work at 5:45. I'm knackered and going for a little nap. It's American Mother's day tomorrow so will have the best present.

Enjoy your weekend. XX

Awe Val, sounds like a happy ever ending story just in time for American Mother's Day :) 3am...he owes you a lie in ;)

the charlottes salad, sandwich and crisps won't bother the scales..I have a feeling. Sounds lovely too.

Morning Val, it must be lovely to your boy back home. Is he back for the whole Sumner? I know what you mean about worrying when they are so far away, my 2 eldest are away at the moment, France nd new York. We keep in regular contact, texting and skyping.....but I dread the text that says "can you call me now" because I know there is a problem! They will be home in July and Nov.... So a long way to go for me.
Well done on keeping focused on weight loss whilst he was away.

Awe Val, sounds like a happy ever ending story just in time for American Mother's Day :) 3am...he owes you a lie in ;)

the charlottes salad, sandwich and crisps won't bother the scales..I have a feeling. Sounds lovely too.

Thanks so nice to know where he is what he's doing. +2lbs for me but hopefully will be gone by friday. Had lots of naughty stuff saturday night that I forgot about so not surprised lol. x

Morning Val, it must be lovely to your boy back home. Is he back for the whole Sumner? I know what you mean about worrying when they are so far away, my 2 eldest are away at the moment, France nd new York. We keep in regular contact, texting and skyping.....but I dread the text that says "can you call me now" because I know there is a problem! They will be home in July and Nov.... So a long way to go for me.
Well done on keeping focused on weight loss whilst he was away.

Aww both away, your doing so well too. Thank goodness for Skype and text couldn't manage without it. I gained 20lbs the first year he was away and it was only when an elderly man asked me when I was due that I thought yikes! At the same time I was flattered he thought I was young enough to be pregnant lol. x

Strange what we find flattering lol

lol Sammy so true, I always try to look on the bright side. Yes son is home until the end of august but so far has been mostly sleeping.

The dress I bought in the US and had sent to son's uni is now hanging in my closet - probably forever :(. It's lovely but a little tight and even if it wasn't tight I think it's too short on me. Don't know if I feel comfortable in it - mutton dressed as lamb etc. Anyhow will see how I feel when I lose a few more pounds, if not I'll ebay it.

Really need to get my head around and do carb cycling properly! All the books I've read they give a estimate of calories to eat and what foods, but what I really want is carb cycling for idiots and to know how many grams carbs, fat etc. they seem to all avoid hard numbers and that's what I like or maybe I'm not reading it right? Food has been within calories allowance after saturday night pig out so hope to sts from last week. xx

Back