Coffeelovers Under 10lbs To Go

Did a couple days of carb cycling but did it wrong:eek: Your supposed to keep fat and protein pretty much same for both low carb and high carb days and just cycle carbs (duhh on my part I know) I went way over on fat for my 2 low carb days. Still lost one lb from my weekend pig out, but probably would have lost that anyhow after eating normal for a couple of days. Going to continue with calorie counting but plan on doing the carb cycling soon just need to really plan meals ahead and stick to protein and veg on the low carb days. Just realized I'm the same weight as last year at this time-- :sigh:

Neighbor gave us some krispy kreme donuts last night, but I resisted suppose that's something good but didn't like the flavor otherwise would have had one. ;)

Out and about in Glasgow tomorrow with my son so food will be higher as coffee and cake will be involved. xx

Morning, I am the same weight as I was this time last year also.....will this dieting lark ever be finished. I am still 10lb above posted weight, I don't think I will ever get to target weight.
Enjoy your day with son.

I'm the same weight as I was last year too :(

New day new start. So tired of seeing the same weight on the scales but happy I'm maintaining.

Going to do a lowish carb about 60 grams a day with lean protein and unrestricted veg with some healthy carbs a few times a week. Going to try and keep fat reasonable and not high like I normally do on low carb, thinking it may keep the weird symptoms I get (pains, palpitations etc) away?

I have a birthday lunch to go to for my 2 sils in a couple of weeks and Id like to wear something nice and look decent.

Going out to lunch with my son today and I'm pretty sure chinese buffet will be had, but try to be as good as I can.

I'm off work this week, so debating having a bit of vodka when I get home and my plan does include it, after all it's a healthy grain isn't it? x

Morning Val,

how are you?

Im still here just post my foods on to mfp now as it's easier.

The palpitations you mention. I get those and just assumed it was to do with the extreme low carb I've not had them at all since upping my carbs and believe me I still drink my cream in abundance, layer Kerry gold on my toast and cook with Kerry gold and olive oil so it can't be the fats. I think it was the low low carb for me anyway. I'm doing 1200 cals per day and sometimes I don't count all my fats :) hehe but still losing.

Hi Val, how's it going? Xx

I've been struggling not to eat everything in sight last week or so :( I wake up every morning with a different plan in mind and by end of day it's strictly a see food diet.

I think I've decided to try the rice diet again. I just looked through my weight at this time last year when I did this and weighed myself everyday before going on holiday and I lost 10lbs in 5 weeks. I lost one lb a day for the first 7 days. I know it's almost the opposite of low carb but really worked for me and I need something fairly restrictive as I have no off button these days. Won't be posting my food here but will on mfp. It's also very low calorie and sodium and I realize a lot of water weight but will bring me withing 2lbs of my goal if I can stick with it again. It consist of grains, oatmeal, beans, veg, fruit, low fat dairy and little else. Really looking at it you could say it's similar to SW green with portion control and without the syns.

Starting Monday so hope I can stick with it but being realistic if I can't I'll continue to calorie count and try to maintain until Autumn when son goes back to uni.

I'm 3lbs up from posted weight so not too bad but same weight for weeks. Lovely day here and off until Monday. X

Best wishes with that. I confess I haven't heard of it. But if it works for you, go for it. But I know what you mean about see food diet, I go from not eating, to being so stupid. I have puddled about for a plan to inspire me and got myself in knots. Nothing's simple. Ho-hum.

How is it going Val? The rice diet sounds like it has worked well for you before, so the very best of luck for it hun.

And LOL on vodka=good grains :D

Wow it seems like a lot of us have gone off the rails and are struggling to get back into it. Let me know how the rice diet goes xxx

Rice diet seems interesting. Looking forward to hearing how it goes x

Gained 6lbs in one month and feel crap. Back to basics but still cc. Too much wine, vodka and crisps so none for a couple of weeks should sort me out except for saturday.

So sick of thinking about food, food shopping, eating, eating more, thinking about food etc. Going to keep to protein, veg and grains. Will do the rice diet at some point but difficult with my son home when we're out and about so will wait until later in the summer for that.

Beautiful hot sunny day here for once. x

Hey you same he're bloody obsessed with food!!!! Hope you feel more in control soon.

Hi Val,

I'm really struggling too & feel really crap. Your eating plan sounds good and I'm sure the lbs will drop after a few days off the processed carbs.

A few years ago I lost a lot of weight on low carb & I had no cravings at all for cakes, chocolate, crisps, etc. - wish I could get to that point again!

Tomorrow is a new day & a fresh start.

TJ x

Thanks girls. So hungry today! calories have been pretty low so will just keep up that for now. Gorgeous weather here so far this week and finally enjoying some real heat.

I've been meaning to post this link for you - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Freedom-Die...TF8&qid=1403030885&sr=8-7&keywords=jason+vale

I'm more than two thirds way into the book and it's an eye opener. For people like me - obssessed with food, thinking about it, planning what to eat next, trying not to eat crap all the time etc. It's not a juicing book or a diet book. It's just a different way of looking at food. Maybe you'll like? x

I've been meaning to post this link for you - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Freedom-Die...85&sr=8-7&keywords=jason&tag=minimins-21+vale

I'm more than two thirds way into the book and it's an eye opener. For people like me - obssessed with food, thinking about it, planning what to eat next, trying not to eat crap all the time etc. It's not a juicing book or a diet book. It's just a different way of looking at food. Maybe you'll like? x

Thanks for the recommendation, Pog, it sounds really good - I've ordered and will "tuck in" tonight :)

Back