Coffeelovers Under 10lbs To Go

Ah this book! Yes it's good. Opened my eyes it has. Hope it will do the same for you x

Haven't been posting, but have been reading all your diaries. I've been cal counting and doing pretty well with it. May look into the jucing that everyone is doing sounds so healthy but expensive!

Lost the 3lbs I put on last week so motivated but still not exercising. Think I need to skip the alcohol next weekend. Will do me a world of good. x

Woohoo well done on the loss hun!

Re juicing, I've posted some thoughts you might be interested in - i think it's back to CC for me too.

Yes ive found I'm doing much better on less alcohol x

I had a fair amount over the weekend and had a sts which is best I can hope for. With the warm weather I haven't been eating as much but had an odd craving for SW quiche so had one for breakfast lol. Love it! x

The STS is great hun, especially with alcomohol on the weekend - and oooh yum on the quiche, I must make one up for the next few days.

One thing that has stayed with me since doing low carb is loving eggs at breakfast, they are high in cals but so filling :)

Hmm not a good day food wise. Weather crap- fog and drizzle all day. Now the suns out- crazy.

Ordered a diet book today (what a surprise) called GI made easy by helen foster. Seemed a good idea at the time and good reviews but really don't know why I ordered it!!! feel bloated and yuck- up early working tomorrow.

Tomorrow is another day. Have a good weekend X

Armed with a GL book and a GI book I started today. Feel pretty good but calories are low. Going to try and eat low GI/GL most of the time and watch calories etc. Still on mfp until I get the hang of this.

Food wise a disastrous weekend but oddly only gained one lb. KFC, magnum pistachio, krispy kremes, vodka, crisps etc. Hmm could it be because I started exercise again? Back on the wagon today and feel pretty good. x

Exercise is Deffo a massive help xxxx

I hope you enjoy the GL and GI books. I found I couldn't properly grasp the principles of GI. I bought 2 books and gave them away. I felt a fool. But I do think its really good to find books that inspire and guide you. I look forward to hearing your progress. :)

Books say no caffeine or alcohol lol that's not going to happen, my body runs on both. Books are really good and your right Lynne it's a bit difficult to grasp, but going to use the basics which is pretty much unprocessed food, lots of veg and most fruits. So far so good. x

LOL, I used to read the books and thing OK I get that. Then I'd put the book down, go into the kitchen and not have a clue about what I should have in what quantities. I think Books are great as a guide, its up to us whether we want to tweak for alcohol or caffeine. :)

Books say no caffeine or alcohol lol that's not going to happen, my body runs on both... So far so good. x

LOL but you're right hun, we have to be realistic - cut things out and you crave them, at least that's what I do, bigtime! :)

Back to basics sounds good, lots of fruit and veg, and you'll be feeling great :)

I agree tweak the diets for you. Omg Suze do you remember when you were going to give up alcohol with Allan Carr? Xxx

I'm struggling too but just thought I'd pop in and recommend fitness confidential by Vinnie Tortorich (sp?) Not sure if it'll work but it's basically no sugar no grains. That's it. So you can have coffee, wine etc and I tend to have pulses in place of carbs for that "bulk" feeling. It's not all or nothing...more like 80/20. I've only just started the diet and am still in that haze of heady optimism but I like the simplicity. It's basically an easy way to cut the cr*p.

Good luck with whatever you try....i think they all work. ..if we stick to them!

Oooh thanks Phoenyx not heard of it but will check it out. I'm eating loads of pulses and my hubby is paying the price :)

I've given up having crisps during the week but tbh I did lose weight when I ate them with my lunch sandwich as long as I counted them in.

This week I've been addicted to couscous and bean salads with vinaigrette and lots of veg so filling and tasty.

Best day of the week and I volunteered for extra hours- kicking myself now

Have a good day everyone. x

Well done on the exercise! It's great that you didn't see much of a gain! :)

I did give up alcohol for a number of months and last week I was so excited for margaritas! But my tolerance has gone way down and ohhh, the hangover I had the next morning was brutal! Maybe it was a good thing because now I'm not as tempted to finish off the tequila. :p It was rare that I got bad hangovers like that before...I wonder if the high carb, high sugar diet I used to eat had something to do with it?

Oh, and I suppose I was drinking as much as I did when I was 20+ lbs heavier, though I'm not sure how much of a difference that would make.

I agree tweak the diets for you. Omg Suze do you remember when you were going to give up alcohol with Allan Carr? Xxx

I did - for two weeks - and smoking - and then the family bereavements started...

The No Sugar No Grain thing sounds good - but doesn't wine have sugar in it? :eek:

Back