Coffeelovers Under 10lbs To Go

Hope you all had a Merry Christmas.

I'm starting the 5:2 diet later this week. Don't know why I didn't think of this before. Have lowered my carbs and lost 4 lbs this month so I'm motivated but still wanted something I can stick with. Don't need the book just going to do it and there's good advice on the 5:2 site as to how many cal on fast and regular days.

Did JUDDD before but think the 5:2 will suit me as it's not as severe. I do remember waking up the day after the fast day feeling really good so hoping for same this time.

I'm always missing things I can't have that's why I don't stick to any plan for too long. Have an obsession with soup these days and should fit right in.

Haven't exercised for a month so going to start that back up too.

Happy New Year to you all! x

Happy New Year. Very best of luck on diet very interested to see what it entails :) x

Happy Hogmanay gorgeous Val - wow big decisions from your son, is he homesick do you think? Sometimes it can be small things that trigger this sort of decision - like a break up or not liking where he is living...?

And great news on 5:2 - there are some fantastic recipe books on Amazon for the kindle/or the app - I've got this one - The Skinny 5:2 Fast Diet Meals For One: Single Serving Fast Day Recipes & Snacks Under 100, 200 & 300 Calories eBook: CookNation: Amazon.co.uk: Kindle Store

I love the Skinny range, I've got a few of them. Their low cal soup maker book is sensational!

Thanks girls! Book sounds great Susie will get it- I've been obsessed with soup these days and have it for breakfast. Just the store bought fresh ones but after low carbing over the years I can eat anything for breakfast. 5lbs up :( of my own doing over the holidays. Working today and then off for a week as I thought boy would be going back and hubby still off too so some family time. Have a good weekend everyone XX

Last edited:
Hi Val, HNY. Will join you to get rid of some holiday pounds;)

Still have that 10lbs to lose almost a year later lol. I've been counting calories on mfp and hungry most of the time.

x

Last edited:
lol - scary seeing that the issues are the same sometime later! Must get focused:)

I'm good. Mostly calorie counting but doesn't always go to plan so low carb now and mostly vegetarian but some chicken. What plan are you doing?

Funny you should say that, I am (on and off) trying to eat lowish carbs with little meat and more fish. I found a book about being Flexitarian which is where you can make meals as veggie OR with meat. I am still reading it, and haven't really started because my mind is having lapses (its the only way I can put it). The upshot is, I am simply not applying myself for anything more than one or two days.

Oh I have a book like that on my Christmas list called 'part time vegetarian' It looks really good. After I lose most of my weight in the Spring I might try carb cycling.

Hi all am following with interest as I'm not sure what I'm up to after Christmas... Currently on Exante but know it won't be that!

Hi Dietnija - I'm doing well with it atm. 3lbs off this week and my stomach is flatter and aches and pains in my joints have gone, I suspect because I've not had any wheat. I have made my own low carb bread so haven't missed out on the feeling I'm eating bread.

I will say though that I'm not eating enough calories. I've been just eating what I normally eat just eliminate starchy carbs and. I need to up the fat I think to get my cals up.

Is Exante the shakes or do you get to eat food as well?

Shakes at the mo although you can eat a low carb meal. I've got ten days until I go skiing and my salopettes are too tight - they do up but they need to be looser, hence the emergency measure!

Ah I thought you could have some real food with Exante that's not so bad. Pretty much emergency measure here too, especially with Christmas coming up and really want to indulge.

Back