Coke Zero question

This may sound like a stupid question so I apologise in advance, but does coke zero count towards your water intake or do you need to drink the allocated water and have the coke zero on top of this if required? I know some people avoid it altogether but I find it really helps me to get through as I see it as a little "treat".

I think its all included. I include my peppermint tea in my fluid allowance xx

kaceyboo said:
I think its all included. I include my peppermint tea in my fluid allowance xx

I was under the impression it has to be in addition to your 3litre minimum of water

It could yes. You need a minimum of 3 litres a day

Its not clear on SnS website but these are the drinks you are allowed, whether they count as part of your 3l, im not sure. But I only drink coffee and coke zero and seems to be ok for me.

What drinks are allowed on Slim & Save?

The drinks listed below are currently suitable to have on Slim & Save diet. However, when purchasing branded products please ensure the ingredents do not contain citric acid:-

• Tea
  • Coffee
  • Coke Zero
  • Asda Diet Coke
  • Dr Pepper Zero
  • Bouillon
  • Green Tea
  • Peppermint Tea
  • Tescos own Strawberry Water
  • Asda Cola Zero Sainsbury's Flavoured Still Water (Raspberry & Cranberry, Peach, Apple & Blackberry)
  • Sainsbury's Diet Cola
  • Sainsbury's Classic Diet Cola
  • Sainsbury's Classic Zero

It is very important to consume at least eight glasses of water or other liquid per day. It is very important that we constantly replace our body fluids. Sufficient liquid intake is also necessary to maintain proper kidney function. You should drink 2-3 litres of fluid a day. The main reason for this is a very low calorie diet (VLCD) which produces a natural water loss and this must be replaced. Food is largely composed of water, just like our bodies and while on the programme it is necessary to compensate for the fluid that would otherwise have been taken in through food. It is important to keep the body’s fluid levels topped up to prevent the unpleasant symptoms of dehydration – headache, dizziness, fatigue, irritability and constipation. If you can you should drink 250ml of water before each sachet or bar to dilute the concentration of minerals and to help prevent any possible feeling of nausea. Extra fluid enables the body to get rid of the waste products associated with the breakdown of fats resulting from weight loss.

Hi
This is from the S&S website - I drink about 2.5 ltres a day :)

Back