Cold pasta ideas

dipsy1512

Hello everyone

I take pasta to work as I only have about 10 minutes to eat lunch and it seems to be the best thing that's filling for me (I have my heb at breakfast usually porridge) but I'm getting bored of having it with cucumber tomatoes basil and prawns or leftover meat.

Does anyone have any ideas what else I can do with cold pasta that's filling but not too salady?

I really would appreciate your ideas :)

I usually fry off three grated courgette with onion, throw in a tin of peas, stir in half a tube primula light

Delicious with tagliatelle .. gorgeous cold for lunch

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I love bolognese or ratatouille even cold with pasta.
If you can stomach it cold it will have a sauce and much more flavour. Mmmm. Plus you can pack shed loads of superfree in there. I often slice some secret carrots, peppers and mushrooms into bolognese and gosh I even put broccoli in my ratatouille this week!

Another lovely idea thank you. Would anyone have a recipe for a tomato based sauce that would be nice cold, a bit like the ones you can by in tesco as a ready meal?

I used to batch cook philly pasta. Fry mushrooms, onions, pepper and any other veg and meat you fancy (I added sweetcorn too). Mix it in with pasta and philadelphia. Lovely both hot and cold and doesn't feel salady!

I like the sound of this ..... do you batch cook it and freeze it??

Heres a few of my faves with pasta.

- Tuna, sweet corn, onion , peppers and mixed with fat free fromage frais and plenty of black pepper.

- tinned toms or passata, onions, garlic, kidney beans, chilli flakes, paprika

- rocket, prawns, cherry toms, onion with a drizzle of vinaigrette

do you ever have rice or cous cous?

either I use the pre packaged flavoured ones and add extra veg, chicken or prawns.

otherwise I do a cous cous with sweetcorn, peas, onions, toms, mushrooms, peppers and plenty of seasoning and fresh herbs, or a rice dish with red onion, sweet corn, peas, tomatoes , peppers with grated carrot.

Hope these help x

Last edited:
Hello everyone I take pasta to work as I only have about 10 minutes to eat lunch and it seems to be the best thing that's filling for me (I have my heb at breakfast usually porridge) but I'm getting bored of having it with cucumber tomatoes basil and prawns or leftover meat. Does anyone have any ideas what else I can do with cold pasta that's filling but not too salady? I really would appreciate your ideas :)

Some fab ideas I am going to try on this thread but also a few more, have you tried philly and mashed up seafood stick run through? That's really nice as is philly, sweetcorn and a diced quorn sausage, that's my favourite over tuna pasta :) x

One of my favourite meals at the minute is pasta with Quorn meatballs and vegetables in a spicy tomato sauce. I'd say you could eat it cold as well as hot. It's really easy to make! All you do is fry off the Quorn meatballs, mushrooms, peppers and red onions with a little garlic and chilli (from a grinder). Add half a can of chopped tomatoes and some crushed chillies - I use Tesco's own brand "lazy" chilli - and stir well. Simmer for a couple of minutes to heat up. Then remove from the heat, add the boiled pasta and stir well so that all of the pasta is coated in the sauce and the meatballs / veggies are mixed in well. You can layer / top with grated cheese for extra yumminess!

I also make a cold pasta salad now and again which is just peppers, red onion and peas added to cooked pasta. Just before eating I stir in half a tub of Low Low spread (HExA). Yummy!

not pasta but rice.
I just had rice cooked in a stock cube with fried off courgette, pepper, onions, sweetcorn, quorn pieces and stirred in an egg at the end. And don't forget to season!
Was kind of like an amazing and delicious assortment of colour and flavour.
Thoroughly recommend it! :-D

Back