ColJacks food diary

I love the way you track your weekly syns - that would really keep me from losing hope on a bad day - and it's obviously working for you!!

Sunday 8 May

Breakfast

71g dried ready to eat appricots ( HeB )
3 boiled eggs
Frappe made with HeA milk

Dinner

Tin beans
Mushrooms
Onion
( mushrooms and onion diced and added to the beans then nuked for 3 mins.. yummy.. )

Evening meal

Briam ( Aubergine, courgette, onion, potato, tomato baked in the oven.. )

Snacks

71g dried ready to eat apricots ( HeB )
3 x plums
2 x apples
Frappe made with HeA milk..

HeA = 2 x 350ml Skimmed Milk
HeB = 2 x 71g dried ready to eat apricots

Total daily syns = 0 < and I mean it this time.. :)

Total weekly syns = 40.5

If I want them, I have them.. but since I went over the past 2 days and used nearly 3 days worth, I'm not having any today because I don't need to.. no gravy with Briam.. and no point going out specially to buy chocolate or crisps..

That would be great but Joes doesn't deliver to northern Ireland and we don't have a butcher nearby that does the low fat ones
Just tesco and im goin to try them this week. I like quorn sausages tho so they are kinda a substitute

Your food diary looks great
I need to fit more fruit in

L

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

I'm a bit concerned about the lack of carbs though, this looks (in my humble novice opinion) like a red day without the red? I know you have potato in the Briam so maybe I'm wrong.

That would be great but Joes doesn't deliver to northern Ireland and we don't have a butcher nearby that does the low fat ones
Just tesco and im goin to try them this week. I like quorn sausages tho so they are kinda a substitute

Your food diary looks great
I need to fit more fruit in

L

Tesco's Light Choices Sausages

Light Choices Cumberland Pork Sausages, Reduced Fat, 8 pack, chilled , 57g each Syns ~ EE1 Red1 Green4

Light Choices Reduced Fat Thick Pork Sausages, 14 pack, frozen, 50g each Syns ~ EE3 Red3 Green5

Light Choices, Pork Sausages, Low Fat, 8 pack, chilled, 57g each Syns ~ EE1 Red1 Green4

:wavey:

Shirleen said:
I'm a bit concerned about the lack of carbs though, this looks (in my humble novice opinion) like a red day without the red? I know you have potato in the Briam so maybe I'm wrong.

There's carbs in beans surely?

Yup, looked it up. 132g of carbs in a can of beans.

Saturday 7 May

Breakfast

3 boiled eggs
Frappe made with HeA milk

Dinner

1/2 tin beans
1/2 tin tomatoes
Banana

Evening meal

Briam ( Aubergine, courgette, onion, potato, tomato baked in the oven.. )

Snacks

71g dried ready to eat apricots ( HeB )
2 x plums
2 x apples
70g bag of chocolate buttons ( oops... 18.5 syns for the bag... )

HeA = 2 x 350ml Skimmed Milk
HeB = 2 x 71g dried ready to eat apricots

Total daily syns = 18.5

Total weekly syns = 40.5 <- Oh dear.. knew it was a bad idea to have those buttons... :(

Since I decided to have briam for evening meal, I'm thinking today is a green day..
can someone check I've got it right ( 2 x HeB's etc ) since I've never done red/green, only EE..

IMHO I seriously don't think you are eating enough! AND No Syns?? Where's your protein hun? You are living off fruit & veg there :confused:

Saturday was 85g of protein. (3 eggs and beans, plenty of protein in those).
I normally go over on protein since I have eggs, beans and chicken most days, but that was my first green day and mostly unplanned. I'll add some quorn into the mix next time.

Eggs are a great source of protein. One egg has anywhere from 6 to 6.5 grams of protein in it depending on the size. The yolks have about 3 grams of protein and the whites have about 3.5. One average sized egg has about 70 calories. If you're worried about fat, don't eat the yolks. You'll be cutting out about half the protein though. In general, eggs are a great way to add protein to your diet.
:D

Monday 9 May

Breakfast

3 boiled eggs

Dinner

2 Alpen light ( HeB )
Banana
Apple
2 x plums
( was going to have beans but went for a walk to the shop instead so had a "portable" lunch.. )

Evening meal

Cabbage
Spring greens
Leeks
Potatoes
3 x Quorn cumberland sausages
140ml gravy ( 2 syns )

Snacks

HeA = 350ml Skimmed Milk
HeB = 71g dried ready to eat apricots, 2 x alpen light

Total daily syns = 2

Total weekly syns = 42.5

IMHO I seriously don't think you are eating enough! AND No Syns?? Where's your protein hun? You are living off fruit & veg there :confused:

Monday 9 May

Breakfast

3 boiled eggs

Dinner

2 Alpen light ( HeB )
Banana
Apple
2 x plums
( was going to have beans but went for a walk to the shop instead so had a "portable" lunch.. )

Evening meal

Cabbage
Spring greens
Leeks
Potatoes
140ml gravy ( 2 syns )

Snacks

HeA = 350ml Skimmed Milk
HeB = 71g dried ready to eat apricots, 2 x alpen light

Total daily syns = 2

Total weekly syns = 42.5

... Still don't think you are eating enough :(:confused::(

Please check with your consultant

I had another 3 quorn sausages, and that lot came to about 1400 calories according to the food tracker I'm using (not to calorie count, but just to easily note what I have all day since SW haven't done a food diary app yet.)

I have large amounts of veg with my evening meal usually, a whole steamer basket to myself, fills a 12 inch oval plate.

Tuesday 10 May

Breakfast

2 x alpen light ( HeB )
3 boiled eggs
3 x Quorn sausages

Dinner

2 x alpen light ( HeB )
Banana
Apple
2 x plums
( more walking so more portable lunch. It's 20 mins so now I know I have time for something quick when I get back. )

Evening meal

Cabbage
Broccoli
Brussel sprouts
Leeks
Potatoes
140ml gravy ( 2 syns )

Snacks

Frappe made with skimmed milk
Extra alpen light ( 3 syns )

HeA = 350ml skimmed milk
HeB = 4 x alpen light

Total daily syns = 5

Total weekly syns = 47.5

To reiterate my earlier post, this is my evening meal tonight ( please excuse the yellow hue, my iPod camera doesn't like my living room lights :) )

Attachments

• image-4070776616.jpg
    image-4070776616.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 56
... Still don't think you are eating enough :(:confused::(

Please check with your consultant

I have a class buddy who's list of daily foods contains only 2 fruits and 2 veg - what the list doesn't say is that she eats a whole dish of fruit for breakfast, 2 pieces of the same fruits with her lunch and half a plate piled high with the 2 veg for her evening meal. She's on a very tight budget so can't afford to buy lots of different items, what she does do is buy 2 or 3 large packs of 2 fruits and 2 veg and whilst she admits her meals are boring compared to mine, she easily eats much more than 1/3 SF every day.

Give Coljack a break - he's obviously losing weight and not going hungry and he does his research so why mend what aint broke?

Looks nice Coljack...even bathed in the yellow glow lol! Xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Back