Come in and introduce yourself - Cambridge Diet Forum Role Call!

Hi,
i'm Sharmaine and i,m 47 going on 27. I have 6 sprogs and 5 sproglets (grandchildren to you!), 2 cats and a husband 10yrs my junior:D. I was born in Jamaica but came to the UK as a baby and was brought up in Coventry, West Midlands. At the age of 20 i moved to London and now live in Rotherhithe, South London. Been on and off on CD since about Feb (more off than on:() and have lost 15lbs in total.
Its nice to find out more about each other, helps the community spirit grow. xx

Hi everyone!

I'm Anna, I am 26 and I work as a barrister in London. Currently writing a book at the mo, so am finding the biggest challenge of SS being trying not to eat out of boredom!

On week 4 at the mo, lost just over a stone so far, really pleased, but want to lose two more at least!

I've found this forum so helpful and everyone is really lovely, and it's nice to finally put some background to the names - great idea Chika!

Anna x

Hi all,

I'm Dawn, 40 years old (not sure how that happened!) I started CD the day after my 40th birthday and am currently in week 5 having lost 21lb so far.

I'm married to David and have 3 children Aaron (19) and Ben (17) from a previous marriage and Joseph (7)

I'm a Receptionist for Kimberly Clark (who make the Andrex toilet rolls) and I love my job.

I've enjoyed every minute of the CD journey and have already gone from a 18-20 to a 14-16, my husband worries I'm going to disappear!

Amazed I haven't seen this thread before.

I'm Emma, Im 36, married for 10 years to Phil, and have two daughters.

Ive always been big, but have put on an awful lot of weight over the past few years. When I first started cd a couple of months ago, I went through a stage of being furious with myself for allowing myself to get in this state, but I've come to terms with it now, and am just taking it half a stone at a time

I really don't think i'd be able to do this without all the support I get from this site. Thanks guys!

Hi, I'm Diana. I work in London, live in Essex with my husband of nearly 20 years (28th Nov) and my 18 yr old son who started Uni in Sept. I have had many years of back pain and had surgery end of 2005 when I had a three level spinal fusion and a decompression. I now have two six inch rods and six screws in my lower back but I can now walk without having to keep bending over to release the pain. I started at 16st 12 and last week on week three was down to 15st 3. I have dieted a bit over the last ten years but never seem to stick to it below 14st. I am determined to get near to 9st this time. Long journey, but many of you have managed it and I'm going to give it my best. Nice to meet you all:D

Hey!

We are Laura, Marie and Gwawr! from wales and have just started out first day on the Cambridge diet today!!! we are very worries that we are going to starve! any good tips from anyone??!!

xxxxx

HI ALL :wavey:IM MANDY 37 AND AM IN N YORKS .MARRIED FOR 10 YEARS WITH 2 KIDS RONNIE 18 AND BETHAN 9 .WORK :rotflmao:NOW DONT LAFF I FRY FISH AND CHIPS FOR THE LAST 18 YEARS BUT THEY ARE NOT MY DOWN FALL I ENJOY ALL FOOD:character00254: .FOUND THIS SITE VERY HELPFUL IN MY FIRST WEEK OR SO:thankyou: AND I KNOW THAT ALL YOU LOVELY PEEPS ARE THERE FOR ME WHEN I NEED YOU AGAIN .SO EVERYBODY KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK,AND I HOPE TO SEE LESS OF YOU IN THE NEAR FUTURE GOOD LUCK ON YOUR JOURNEYS
:party0038::party0038:

Hi everyone. I'm Emma, I'm 28 and I'm single and live in Leeds although I was born in South Manchester and have lived in Derby, London and SE Kent. I have no children. Have been overweight ever since I was a teenager and I've tried SW semi successfully before but got bored and gave up. I'm on day 7 of sole sourcing and I've lost 13lbs now, but that includes about 7lbs I lost when I low carbed before starting CD. I work full time as a database scientist.

I own a horse, Bailey, he's an Irish cob. He's been quite ill this last year so I have poured lots of time and money and love into him and neglected myself too much. I've taken a step back from him now. He's gradually getting better and I'm hoping to get him back into work after Xmas and I'll be light enough to ride him then as well too!

I would love to meet a nice man, I feel a bit lost and lonely at the moment. I have to keep battling on for now as I have debts to clear but once I've done that I really want to change career. Not sure what I want to do yet but I'm sick of spending 8 hours a day sat at a desk behind a computer.

Any tips on meeting a nice, intelligent man would be most appreciated :cry:

Emma

Hi all.

I'm Kerry-Ann 31 (will be 32 on Sunday!), married for 3 years (although been together for 16 years).
I have a beautiful head strong Daughter who will be 2 on the 23rd November. Yes, me and Hubbby are Scorpians and Jessica is Sagittarius!

I have always been big. Even on my wedding day, I had lost 5 stone and still weighed 15stone.
I am determined to loose this weight, not only for me and ,y health, but because I love my Daughter and want to see her grow up.

Hubby and I have talked about having another Baby, but I don't want to be this big and fall pregnant - I did that the last time and it affected my health.

Anyway..hello!!!

Hi all, I'm Julie and, I'm not sure how it happened, but I'm 48. I'm married to a younger, extremely scrummy man and I have 3 kids, the eldest is coming up to 11 and the twins are 5. (Didn't meet him until I was 32, Bailey, so you have plenty of time). The dog is almost one.
I'm a solicitor but, since the birth of my eldest, I have been working as a lecturer - training the next generation of solicitors - on a part time basis. I am, of course, chief cook, bottle washer, item finder, clothes ironer etc etc on a full time basis. I have put on weight because, as much as I love my offspring, I find raising them a touch on the frustrating side
:beam:.
So pleased to be part of this site as I have tried just about every diet on the planet without success. Think the time is right and the diet is right for me to do it this time.

Hiya everyone. Im Debby, Im 27 and this is my 2nd restart of CD. I started it last september and lost 3 stone by December but came off it at xmas and piled it all back on. So I have just finished week 1 on my restart and going ok. Why oh why are restarts always harder :confused:
I live in Dundee Scotland, and just finished university this summer, still jobhunting with no luck, must be this time of year.

Nice to see you all, and good luck
deb.xo
:)

Hi all

I'm Corinne, I'm 30, I'm marrying Kevin in 6 months in Mexico (woohoo!!!) and I have a 10 year old daughter Olivia.

I've been gradually putting on weight over the past few years, I have tried to lose it a few times, I lost over a stone on Slimming World early last year (when I met Kevin - I survived on love not food lol) but settling down to a life of domestic bliss has led me to putting it back on and more!

With my wedding coming up I have decided that I will not be looking fat in my pictures, and want to be able to wear summery clothes when I'm on holiday. I'm on week 4 of SS and have stuck to it 100% - much to my amazement!

Well I guess I am a bit late but hello all I'm Kerrie! I'm 24 and have been on CD for about 3 months. Before that I did 3 months on LL. Struggling a bit at the moment after my very first lapse last weekend and it's all feeling a bit much. I am currently working at a cancer research institute attached to Newcastle university, and I'm studying for my PhD in childhood acute lymphoblastic leukaemia.

I started LL at 18 stone 11lb and my first goal weight is 10 stone - I'll see how I feel when I get there and probably go a bit further to get right into my healthy weight range!

This site keeps me sane! Kerrie x

Hi everyone! I forgot about this thread, keep the stories coming its great to read about the people behind the user names!:)

Hi - I'm Rachel. Starting CD tomorrow at 6.15pm. Can you all tell me the best flavours please (I dont really have a sweet tooth, more of a savoury gal). Cheers me dears!

Hi

Im Louise and im 22!
I have a gorgeous little girl called Ella Faith who has just gone 1 and i am getting married on 26th July 2008.

I live in West yorkshire near Leeds but i used to live in Fremantle a suburb near Perth in Western Australia

I am currently 15st 2lb but would like to be down to 10st before my wedding!

I am in my last year at Huddersfield University training to be a Primary School Teacher and really cant wait to get into the classroom!

Lou x

Hi im Jemma.

Im 5ft 7 and i weight 21st - dont laugh!! lol - Im a size 22-24 and i hope to get down to a 12. Last time i was a 12 i weighed 13st but id like to get to 11. Im to scared to say i want to get to a 10! lmao:eek::eek:

Im on day 4 SS and i feel ok other than i had a cup of bovril and i feel awful! I didnt know it was NOT ALLOWED!!

Does anyone know if this means i wont lose weight or affect ketosis.
I dont knwo if it will because its not carbs but the salt....

Im already in love with this site. I think it will really help me.

So hello everyone. :)

Hello evryone,

I'm Victoria, I'm 26, and I live in a small town in the north east. I live with my fiance, our 2 cats and dog, and I also have a horse. I work as a small animal vet.

I WILL be a skinny bride when I get married next August; if I can't do it for this then I never will. Loving CD - the best diet I have ever been on.

Have totally been able to sort out my food issues whilst on it, can't wait to be at goal which will be somewhere around the 9st7 to 10st mark. I started off on LT (for one week only) but couldn't bear the flavours, so have switched to CD. Been SSing for nearly 3weeks now.

Hi - I'm Rachel. Starting CD tomorrow at 6.15pm. Can you all tell me the best flavours please (I dont really have a sweet tooth, more of a savoury gal). Cheers me dears!

hey hunni, Im a savoury gal too!
My favs are:
Oriental chilli soup
Chicken and mushroom soup
Veg soup
Choc tetra

Id advise you to try as much as you can so you can find your favs :)

Good luck

deb.xo

Hiya All, my name is Jane and I have just been accredited as a CDC YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEE
CD has been the only diet that has worked for me! I am an ex teacher and now work for myself in the Wellness industry, so being a counsellor fits in beautifully. Just about to start SS again to lose another stone (maybe less, husband anxious about bust size dissappearing :0)).
I am very excited about helping others use the weight loss plan and see the fantastic results. So now about to advertise and start counselling.
This is a great forum.
Will get some fancy glittery stuff for my signature when I can work out how to do it!
Meanwhile, keep doing what you are doing girls...
Jane

Back