Comfort Food Ideas.....

triage999

Gold Member
Sooooo, I'm slightly missing potatoes, like mash n roasts... I do substitute these with celeriac, swede, cauliflower etc but really miss my comfort type foods

What's your ideal Atkins comfort food?!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I really truly dont miss potatoes any more. At lunch yesterday they put fresh bread on the table and i wasnt even interested - my comfort food was the main course served - large good quality steak and salad:D

I think I might make up some celeriac and cauli mash and freeze it - when I need comfort food, I'm also usually in a non cooking mood!

A stupid question now - can you freeze hard boiled eggs? I hate hate hate eeling boiled eggs but they are super handy for salads.

Agree both celeriac and cauli freeze really well so ideal to have on hand. No idea about eggs - doesn't seem likely but ive no idea why not! Try googling....

I think the answer seems to be no to freezing hard boiled eggs - the white goes all rubbery, apparently.

Oh well, I'll just have to not boil quite so many at a time...:)

Cauli mash helps me, nice with a beefy stew.

Cauli tots are on the menu this week they looked yummy in the picture, so keeping fingers crossed.

Cauli tots??!

Wot she^ said:D

Slices of ham with mustard and mayo spread on, topped with fresh spinach and sliced boiled egg then rolled up!! Yum yum. Had 2 and it filled me for lunch!!!

A stupid question now - can you freeze hard boiled eggs? I hate hate hate eeling boiled eggs but they are super handy for salads.

Not to everyone's taste - but have you tried pickling eggs?

We pickle a dozen every so often - Yum!!!

Wave the pickled egg over some cayenne - just to pick up the sligtest bit - GAWJUS!

I think the answer seems to be no to freezing hard boiled eggs - the white goes all rubbery, apparently.

Oh well, I'll just have to not boil quite so many at a time...:)

Just a wee tip, the older your eggs the easier they are to peel when boiled.

You can test the freshness of an egg by sticking it in a bowl of water, if it sinks it's really fresh, if it floats a bit it's ready for boiling and if it's bombing about on the top it's probably best to crack and check it.

You can freeze eggs but only if you crxk, scramble and mix with either salt or sugar, depending on what you're using them for......

Hope that helps, I used to have chickens and had an overwhelming supply of eggs! The girls have all died now, :4633: but should be getting a new flock in the next month or so :p

Gonna have tots for dinner! So excited! A have been loving cauli rice with a grate of cheese but.......ooh!

I'm having a cup of soy milk which I've stuck in the microwave for a couple of mins and added a spoonful of cocoa powder and a spoonful of granulated sweetener
It takes like chocolate ready brek! Not exactly a bar of galaxy but it hits a little spot!

The soy milk I have is Asda UHT organic unsweetened soy milk which is 0.3g carbs per 250ml, asda cocoa powder which is 0.3g of carbs per teaspoon and granulated sweetener at 0.5g per teaspoon.

Back