Comfort Food Ideas.....

Never done soya milk in my life, bug that carb count sounds great!

Did Italy milk once to test something......was odd to say the least!

I'm having a cup of soy milk which I've stuck in the microwave for a couple of mins and added a spoonful of cocoa powder and a spoonful of granulated sweetener
It takes like chocolate ready brek! Not exactly a bar of galaxy but it hits a little spot!

The soy milk I have is Asda UHT organic unsweetened soy milk which is 0.3g carbs per 250ml, asda cocoa powder which is 0.3g of carbs per teaspoon and granulated sweetener at 0.5g per teaspoon.

Was just going to say this one. Its been my night time life saver the last 2 years :D

Oh blooming predictive! Oatly milk, ment to be a substitute for vegans and such.....

Made the tots but was an awful lot of hassle for not anything too exciting.....I'll tweak the recipe and give it another go. ;)

It's about the only thing I can think of that I can have on induction that is sweet! I'm desperate for chocolate!

Does anyone have any other induction friendly sweet treats? (preferably chocolate ones!)

Just wanted to say thank you for the link to the cauli recipe. I've tried cauli mash before and it's been OK, but this is something else. I don't think I'lll miss potato at all after this. I've saved some for tomorrow to make little cauli 'potato' cakes with bacon and eggs. Thanks!

Theres a link floating round on one of these threads to a low carb blog. Triage999 told me about a pancake recipe there which I made n loved last night.

Basically two eggs, 2oz cream cheese, tsp Splenda n cinnamon. Mixed up. Let it sit for couple mins to get air out. Then fry as normal. I used olly oil. Suppose u could try swapping the cinnamon for a tsp of proper cocoa?

My coffees with double cream & a ½tsp of Splenda is enough for me just now but reading Gary Taubes 'Why We Get Fat' he advises only 4tbsp cream per day, I'm sure I use more than that.

CREAMY HAM AND MOCK POTATO CASSEROLE

2 pounds frozen cauliflower
8 ounces cream cheese
1/4 cup sour cream
1 1/2 ounces green onion, chopped, 1 bunch
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
12 ounces ham, diced, about 2 cups
Paprika or Spicy Seasoning Salt for garnish

Cook the cauliflower until very tender; drain well. Roughly cut florets into small pieces, but keep them a bit chunky. Put in a greased 2 1/2-3 quart casserole with a lid. Blend in cream cheese, then stir in sour cream, green onion, salt, pepper, cheese and ham. Mix well. Adjust seasoning if necessary. Go easy on the salt because the ham is salty. Sprinkle top with paprika or Spicy Seasoning Salt. Cover and bake at 350º for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake another 20 minutes until browned and bubbly.

Makes 8 servings

Per Serving: 335 Calories; 26g Fat; 19g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 5g Net Carbs

This is basically Just Like Stuffed Baked Potatoes with ham added. It makes a nice comforting main dish.

Back