Comfort Food Ideas.....

It shouldn't be bitter in the slightest?

Can we have recipe plz

Hi Tunza : 0 )

1 egg and 1 egg yolk
120ml of double cream
120ml of water
Equivalent of 3 tablespoons of sugar - I use Stevia, doesn't react with heat (and I probably only use 2 tablespoons)
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Pinch of salt

Beat the eggs first, dissolve the sugar sub in a little of the water and then add it and all the other stuff to the eggs and beat for a minute or so.

Split into 2 ramikins and put them in a tray filled with boiling water about half way up the ramikin and then bake in preheated oven at 160 for about 30 to 35 minutes or until set. Let them cool and then....heaven : )

They are not!!! induction food...come out about 4 carbs each (counting the sugar sub as around 6 carbs) but I find stevia to be ok and it doesn't tend to stall me, where others subs do.

hugs
xx

Nom nom, tried the hot soya milk with cocoa and sweetener tonight. Tastes like chocolate ready brek :) lovely

Also got sf jelly setting in the fridge. I'm always likely to stick to a diet if I can snack on sweet things.

Catherinejm, I have read somewhere that ground flax seed goes off very quickly & it's better to buy whole flaxseed & grind it yourself as you need it. It is better to keep it all in an airtight container in the fridge. I leave any ground seed I don't use in the little grind mill I got with my liquidizer, with it's lid on, in the fridge.

Aldi do a milder golden flaxmeal, and much cheaper. Also sometimes if you use the wrong sweetener it is horribly bitter. Use splenda for best results.

Soraya, They have Stevia in Morrisons, I'm sure in other super markets too. It's brand name is Truvia.

Soraya, They have Stevia in Morrisons, I'm sure in other super markets to. It's brand name is Truvia.

Saw it in tesco on Sunday, seems to be same folk as candrel that make it.

I bought my Stevia off the internet a few months back...Superior Source I think was the brand name. It does say no carbs but I prefer to err on the side of caution!

I haven't tried the supermarket brands yet, but the Liquid Hermawotsis sounds brilliant too...and the custards would only come out at a couple of carbs each with that. May have to invest : )

hugs

xx

Aldi do a milder golden flaxmeal, and much cheaper. Also sometimes if you use the wrong sweetener it is horribly bitter. Use splenda for best results.

I know splenda is great for a lot of people, but it brings me out in a rash on my arms! It is so odd, I must just be allergic to it.

hugs

xx

I recognise the brand name Truvia - very political! It's the stevia product that coke/pepsi went on to develop after getting stevia banned in the US in case people stopped using aspartame etc. I'm so sad to be excited by this!

Hadn't realised it was now for sale.

Had a look on the Tesco site and it seems quite high in carbs 99g/100g? Am I missing somethin -do you only need a very small amount?

Last edited:
I recognise the brand name Truvia - very political! It's the stevia product that coke/pepsi went on to develop after getting stevia banned in the US in case people stopped using aspartame etc. I'm so sad to be excited by this!

Hadn't realised it was now for sale.

Had a look on the Tesco site and it seems quite high in carbs 99g/100g? Am I missing somethin -do you only need a very small amount?

Oh no I can't say that it was that high, I think it was just the same as candrel when I looked......:confused:

Cream cheese muffins

2 oz pkgs of cream cheese,
1/2 c. splenda,
2 eggs, and this ingred. varies you can either use 1/2 tsp vanilla OR 2 tsp. lemon extract.

soften the cream cheese in micro and then add the other ingredients. Mix with a whisk or just do them all in a food processor. Line a muffin pan with cases and bake at 170 for 20 min. Let them cool which tastes better and gives them more stability. Store in a ziplock in the fridge. Really good!

This is a recipe I've found.....not tried them yet but may have to soon, I think the Splenda would need tweaked to your own preference and I can't see why you couldn't add parmesan and maybe some herbs to make a savoury version.....best of luck

My new comfort food is babybel quarters wrapped in thin slices of pepperoni nom nom

Or imitation of pepperoni pizza. Chicken breast sliced in half topped with pepperoni slices, mozzarella and 2 tbsp of mild salsa. 3 carbs in total :)

Back