completly messed up, put most weight back on

mrtc

Ok i have to omit, ive completly messed up and put back most of the weight back on, i just couldnt keep it up any longer, i went to a couple of weight watchers meetings but i dont think its for me, im now 185 pounds,

Gunna try and start again but has anyone got any ways they stop themselves from giving up diets

I agree with tranquility! Reduce portion size, be aware of what you put in your tummy and try to do more exercise! You can do it we are here to help x

ive just started reading the complete beck diet for life book, its cbt (cognitive behavioural therapy) around changin the way you think n respond to food n emotions etc etc

thats what the book is called

"the complete becks diet for life"

theres also the becks diet solution book and the becks diet workshop book, written by the same woman though i only have the first one.

ive only just started readin it last night, but everythin she says rings true with me especially. She teaches you skills to be able to rethink about food, and how to control being out in social situations etc.

So for example she gets you to make up some response cards to sabotagin thoughts like " ive messed up now i might as well eat what i want for the rest of the day"

she also gets you to make a memory box that you write down all the things you have achieved around your weight loss, all compliments about your weight loss you have got off people etc etc. She also gets you to make a distration box and put things in that distract you when you suddenly feel you need to eat. for instance in my distraction box im gunna put some paper, art pencils, and cross stitch stuff. you can put anythin in, nail varnish etc. She also teaches you to ignore hunger. thats as far as ive got so far lol

oh she also gets you to keep a iet book, includin a list of the reasons you are doing this, that you need to read every mornin before you get up

Yes I'm doing the Beck Diet Solution Book and I'm finding it really good. I would also recommend a food diary and an exercise diary plus a weekly food plan and a weekly exercise plan. Once you start to goal set your food and exercise, it does get easier..

Oh I also think have a bottle of water around in case you want to binge..I wanted to binge but after a litre of water, my craving to binge had passed and I was fine..find things to distract you until the craving does pass x

Cheers, i do need to drink more water as im a fizzy drink lover although last few weeks ive gone to diet fizzy drinks

Well its the end of september, and im pleased to say im back on track, im now 12 stone 10 (178 pounds)

Ive been going the gymm and have started to make sure i have breakfast everyday, thankyou for all your help

Last edited:
Well done! Just wondering if you tried the book in the end? Or what was it that helped you get back on track?

a few recommendations.

eat slowly. theres a difference between how much food you think you need to overcome your hunger and how much food you actually need. slower eating helps regulate this process.

also drink alot of water, helps reduce feeling of hunger and dehydration is way to often misunderstood for hunger. not to mention the numerous health benefits of drinking more water, e.g. your skin will become soft. daily recommended amount is 8 glasses or 2 litres however this will vary amongst individuals and lifestyle, e.g. if you exercise and perspire you will obviously need more water to recuperate.

try to do exercise and consider making lifestyle changes that enable you to do more exercise. this will sound controversial but diets do not work for the majority of people seeking to lose fat e.g. Diets don't work in long term, says survey | Science | guardian.co.uk some may not agree with that but i certainly do and for obvious reasons.

because we just do not eat with our mouth, we eat with our eyes, ears and nose i.e. that we smell a certain food or see a certain food and desire to eat it. problem is food is everywhere, you cannot and will not avoid it. so when you diet you do avoid it for day, week, month, but how long will you continue to avoid it, we are, after all, human. so i would re iterate the point of exercise. i love exercise, i need to go running once every two days otherwise i dont feel right, whats great is it allows me to eat more and still continue to lose weight, also exercise makes you happy and feel good (no seriously it triggers the right chemical reactions to do this).

also surround your self with healthy low calorie options, so if you do mess up the expense is absolutely minimal.

good luck.

Have been running everyday and have been very careful what i eat, in total since may ive lost 2 stone, i was 197 pounds now im 169 pounds, one stone to go

It's inspiring to see someone get back on track so successfully!

Thankyou, im still having treats but im totally committed to changing my life, goodbye to my fat self and hello thin, healthy and happy self

I lost 2 stones but put 1.5 back on :( now I'm trying again and I've got my gain down to 1 stones but it's such a costant struggle!

Its so hard to keep on the track to weight loss, ive had to stop going out with the girls from work as they would presure everyone to get drunk and then we would end up at the kabab shop, im not saying people should dump theyre friends but you have to make a judgement, are my friends leading me in directions that i dont want to go.

I really know what you mean. I messed up and had a Chinese last night cos we had a friend round and we had to feed her and because we're doing Diet Chef we didn't have any ordinary food in the house, so we ordered takeaway! We should have found a way around it but I felt rude sitting there eating diet food and feeding her a takeaway, a bit pious you know? But I don't want to not have friends round so I need to learn how to deal with it if the situation happens again.

Other people just don't understand that for us 'just one kebab can be a gateway drug to 2 days of bingeing!

Back