1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice

Compliment - or um... not

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Angelchops, 7 February 2008 Social URL.

1. Angelchops

Angelchops Well-Known Member

I saw my next door neighbour this morning, and she can be a bit blunt. She asked if i'd lost a bit of weight on my face. I said "Oh I think so, a bit" as I didn't want to go into details, and she replied "Well it makes you look old"!!!!

Had to laugh - if I didn't i'd cry:doh:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. Sussex Girl

Sussex Girl Well-Known Member

lol, sorry but I did have to grin when I just read this. I bet you were a bit gobsmacked to say the least. Don't worry about the comment - she's probably jealous!!!

well done on your weight loss to date. Can you imagine how old she'll think you look when you get to goal :D

4. payn3477

payn3477 Active Member

She's only jealous....grumpy boots!

5. Bobbin

Bobbin Needs a flattering photo

What a lovely neighbour you have!

6. Deb G

Deb G Well-Known Member

Some people seem to make a living out of being mean! How darn right rude of her!

However, if I had a choice of looking older, but slim or looking younger, but fat....

I know which I'd choose!

7. lentil2

lentil2 Well-Known Member

Why do people seem to think they can say anything they want...please or offend?
    Where are her manners?
    Most (decent) people, even if they thought such a thing, wouldn't actually say it.

Sometimes, even a comment like that from family or a close friend can be hurtful but from your neighbour, who obviously isn't that close as she didn't even know you were dieting, is just plain rude!

Sam
    xxx

8. Busybee

Busybee Well-Known Member

WOW, I am so jealous that you have a lovely neighbour, mine just said I looked wonderful, even if I didn't the point being encouragment rather than slaps in face.
    Stick your nose in the air next time..big hugs to a slimmer you:)

9. Lisa Marie

Lisa Marie Well-Known Member

Well I think your neighbour is a CHEEKY COW.

10. SharonJayne1970

SharonJayne1970 Well-Known Member

some people should learn to engage their brains before opening their gobs!!!!!

11. ninababes

ninababes Well-Known Member

Some people are so rude tut she sounds extremely jealous a BIT of weight lol you've lost almost 100lbs you must look like a completely different woman you must be so proud of yourself WELL DONE!!!!

Angelchops likes this.
  12. shrinking violet

shrinking violet Well-Known Member

*how* rude is your neighbour ?!

I'd ask her if the charm school gave her a refund :)

I am sure you look fine, any piccies up? (sorry to be nosey LOL)

13. Allan G

Allan G Well-Known Member

:D Yup thats people for you, everyone i know who has lost weight, looks younger, all i got when i lost mine was "Have you been ill"?? there is no telling what goes through peoples minds, cos they get used to you being a certain shape or size and i think deep down they are just jealous of all your hard work and effort :D

14. devilishandsweet

devilishandsweet 100% all the way!

Yeh definitely jealously! x x

15. cazmilligan

cazmilligan Happiness in a shake!

Cheeky cow, she is probally just jealous! Well done you for remaining calm, I would have hit her! x

16. Angelchops

Angelchops Well-Known Member

Im glad that other people think she was rude - I wondered if I was being a bit sensitive. She is old - well probably only about 70 ut you know how some people are older than their years? Does that excuse her?

No photos - seriously I am NOT a good advert for this. Maybe when I finally get to goal I will be brave and post some up, but I am still a bit raw about how big I was to begin with. Why did no one tell me to do this sooner!

17. Fuzzys Angel

Fuzzys Angel The Lovely James Hetfield

*##~*!!! Cheeky cow, how rude!!!!

I totally agree must be jealous....xxx

18. shrinking violet

shrinking violet Well-Known Member

...your ticker tells a different story, well done on your fantastic *huuuuuge* loss so far.

I know what you mean about being shy with pics (I'm the same) and also wish I had done this diet way before now.

Still, I say better late than never, eh?

19. Mary Poppins

Mary Poppins Well-Known Member

My neighbour once said to me

Hi,how are you?Haven't seen you for ages!But I must just say,HOW Much weight have you put on!!

NO you must not just say!!!
    Why can't people just think!

20. ninababes

ninababes Well-Known Member

Does it matter how long it's taken you to do it hun the fact is you HAVE and you're doing wonderfully and whenever youre ready i know i for one cant wait to see how fabulous you look :)

21. Mrs B

Mrs B Well-Known Member

She's jealous, don't worry about her. You're doing fantastically well.