Compliment - or um... not

Angelchops

I saw my next door neighbour this morning, and she can be a bit blunt. She asked if i'd lost a bit of weight on my face. I said "Oh I think so, a bit" as I didn't want to go into details, and she replied "Well it makes you look old"!!!!

Had to laugh - if I didn't i'd cry:doh:

lol, sorry but I did have to grin when I just read this. I bet you were a bit gobsmacked to say the least. Don't worry about the comment - she's probably jealous!!!

well done on your weight loss to date. Can you imagine how old she'll think you look when you get to goal :D

What a lovely neighbour you have!

Some people seem to make a living out of being mean! How darn right rude of her!

However, if I had a choice of looking older, but slim or looking younger, but fat....

I know which I'd choose!

Why do people seem to think they can say anything they want...please or offend?
Where are her manners?
Most (decent) people, even if they thought such a thing, wouldn't actually say it.

Sometimes, even a comment like that from family or a close friend can be hurtful but from your neighbour, who obviously isn't that close as she didn't even know you were dieting, is just plain rude!

Sam
xxx

WOW, I am so jealous that you have a lovely neighbour, mine just said I looked wonderful, even if I didn't the point being encouragment rather than slaps in face.
Stick your nose in the air next time..big hugs to a slimmer you:)

Some people are so rude tut she sounds extremely jealous a BIT of weight lol you've lost almost 100lbs you must look like a completely different woman you must be so proud of yourself WELL DONE!!!!

:D Yup thats people for you, everyone i know who has lost weight, looks younger, all i got when i lost mine was "Have you been ill"?? there is no telling what goes through peoples minds, cos they get used to you being a certain shape or size and i think deep down they are just jealous of all your hard work and effort :D

Cheeky cow, she is probally just jealous! Well done you for remaining calm, I would have hit her! x

Im glad that other people think she was rude - I wondered if I was being a bit sensitive. She is old - well probably only about 70 ut you know how some people are older than their years? Does that excuse her?

No photos - seriously I am NOT a good advert for this. Maybe when I finally get to goal I will be brave and post some up, but I am still a bit raw about how big I was to begin with. Why did no one tell me to do this sooner!

No photos - seriously I am NOT a good advert for this. Maybe when I finally get to goal I will be brave and post some up, but I am still a bit raw about how big I was to begin with. Why did no one tell me to do this sooner!

...your ticker tells a different story, well done on your fantastic *huuuuuge* loss so far.

I know what you mean about being shy with pics (I'm the same) and also wish I had done this diet way before now.

Still, I say better late than never, eh?

My neighbour once said to me

Hi,how are you?Haven't seen you for ages!But I must just say,HOW Much weight have you put on!!

NO you must not just say!!!
Why can't people just think!

Does it matter how long it's taken you to do it hun the fact is you HAVE and you're doing wonderfully and whenever youre ready i know i for one cant wait to see how fabulous you look :)

Back