Concert

Charliemae

I want to start today. But I'm due to go to an all day concert on the 17th. I've to leave At 5am to make the drive then have all day camping in car then driving home next day. Everyone will be bringing bbqs and drink. So I dunno whether to wait until after to start or just start today. Any advice?

Depends if you think you can get through without joining in the bbq's and alcohol? You could take your shakes or some bars and stay on plan and maybe eat a bit but no drinking in ketosis. If I was you I'd ask myself if I could do it, if not, I'd wait and start when I could give it my 100% commitment. It's really up to you hun!

I'm just worried about being Parked in car all day and nowhere to rewash shaker/clean water and also being up all that time with only 3 shakes. Urmmm maybe I should wait. I know last time when I took a day off I couldn't get back into it

You could take a big 5L water with you wash it out lol :p I can understand your concern about energy, after a week you should be okay but I do get tired walking around in the sun for too long.. you can use this week to reduce your carb intake if you decide not to start exante, that way when you do start it will be easier anyway!

I have juice plus shakes. So I might do them for a week with low carb meals and then start. Thanks for ur advice

You're welcome :D I'm sure some more people will join the thread with their advice as well soon!

I think if it were me I'd leave it till I had a clearer run too. JMO though. You could deffo go and do it if you're determined enough, but I know my watching people eat and drink at a concert all day would wear me down, LOL!

Good luck Charlie, enjoy your concert, and we'll be here tapping our feet waiting for you on the 19th - no slacking!

Sorry just have to use this smiley to remind you that all our bottoms will be ten days skinnier by then! :massmoon: If that thought doesn't bring you rushing back, I don't know what will!

Hi Charliemae, I agree it would be difficult with lots of people eating and drinking and probably badgering you to do the same, but if you done it with say just eating protein food on top of your 3 exante meals it would be an achievement and give you the strength and willpower to continue.
What happens the next time a concert or party comes up do you go off the rails again and just eat and drink and then back to square one and buy some more Exante meals(vicious cycle). For me Exante is a 8 week kick up the arse 3 weeks for me to go and thats it back to food but in a controlled manner, i've learnt a lot while on this diet from reading and from people's personal experiences on this site. If i ever needed to go back to ketosis i think i would be able to do it on food alone.
Iv'e lost nearly 2 stone now and have starting running again and going to the gym i feel so good my confidence has grown while my belly has shrunk, i won't be going back to my old habits. Sorry if i sound a bit harsh but it's the truth how many times you been on a diet and had one bad day and said to yourself thats it ive messed up i might as well keep eating i will start again tomorrow, to many for me i can tell you.

I wish you the best for the future on your Exante journey, and have a good time at the concert whatever you decide.:):)

Thanks for your reply. No u are completely right. And I agree. Although I will wait until after concert as I've had ticket for over a year and would like to drink and have fun, bring a mum I don't get away much lol

But anything else after that wouldn't be as big so I will be fine sticking to my shakes x

Could that be the V Festival by chance?! I'm ferrying my daughter and a bunch of her friends there today. She's been doing WS and went shopping yesterday for healthier options for the weekend - needless to say she struggled to find suitable foods so she's going to have a weekend off. Looks like its going to be a great festival, enjoy then just be determined to get back on track the moment you step in the door, don't give yourself a chance to get into bad habits once you're back.

Glad it went well. Good luck for your first day :D

Good woman! Come and post plenty tomorrow - it's a looooong day! :bighug:

Back