Confessions of an Indecisive Dieter

Thanks Linz. I'd much prefer your 3 lb loss though! Lets swap :p

I've been a bit lazy today. I used the treadmill for 20 minutes - I'll aim for more tomorrow. Food wise I've only had about 500 calories, so looks like I'll be having a late snack!

Planning a wedding

Thank you both!

Something has been playing on my mind! I really don't know where to start with planning a wedding. We can't decide on a date yet! Which would be a start :p. I like quirky dates like 12/12/12 (mum likes that because it's her birthday) or 11/12/13. But then I'm not sure if I want a winter or summer wedding. I'm not sure about this year or next either. I think I'll probably drive OH crazy by the time we're married due to all the indecision lol. So we set the date, whats next? :eek:

Diet wise - I've been using the treadmill a fair bit. The muscles in my legs must be none existent because they're burning far too much! I'm using this week to settle back into the routine slowly, then I'll go full steam ahead next week :)

ooh how exciting planing your wedding :) I've had 2...first one just 'practising' hee hee, but we did last 18 years! That wedding was the whole white wedding, reception, cars, bridemaids etc etc :)
2nd (and final) marriage was almost 4 years ago, just bride, groom, minister, all my children, vows in church on our island, then a family meal in a local hotel..I LOVED IT!

So, when you set your date, think venue, religious or civil, church or other venue, inside or outdoors....then same with reception :)

Think guest list, meal, entertainment...photographers, dvd, flowers, attendants (bridemaid etc)..don't forget marriage license and rings!!!

Lots of decisions, lots of calculating budget..but can be lots of fun (without stress! hee hee)

Remember initiallly the day is about you and your groom and what you both want it to be :) Good luck!

I had an autumn wedding and then a spring one..if we ever renew our vows, i'd chose a christmassy winter wonderland :)

Aww thanks Rose! As much as I love attending a traditional wedding - your second wedding sounds lovely! I think we'll be going abroad for the wedding and taking a small amount of very close family members and friends, then maybe have a party for everyone else when we get back. I feel a bit selfish for wanting that, especially as OH is undecided about having a big wedding or more intimate one, but I really don't cope well with too much attention on me!

A Christmas wedding would be magical! How lovely for you and your hubby if you renew your vows :)

Oh no! OH bought Ben & Jerry's! I only had a little bit, but I'm still disappointed in myself. Very tempted to do a vlcd again but I need to swap my slim and save packs because I only like the spag bol pack and the dark chocolate bar.

I'm getting slightly obsessed with all this wedding stuff already! OH wants us to get married in the Maldives! Looks lovely but the first thing that came up in search was a video and BBC article about hotel staff "bullying" a European couple when they were renewing their vows. Considering it's the first thing that comes up on google - their tourism must have suffered a bit! I won't let it put me off though, as I'm sure that could happen anywhere and we wouldn't stand for it anyway.

Plan for tomorrow - walk down to the beach (unless the weather is still too bad) I might steal my sisters little dog for the day lol. Get organised with supplies and use the treadmill! Ooh and water! Lots of it.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

oh what's a wee bit of ben and jerry's ice cream when you've been so good!!! :)..just allow for it today and you'll be fine hun x I love my beach walks too and they are definately on the agenda next week, weather permitting!

A wedding abroad on the beach sounds so romantic, don't be put off with the google search, maldives is very popular for beach weddings, enjoy deciding when and where!
My 2nd wedding meant so much more to me than the first, it was beautiful, romantic and intimate and felt 'right' :)..still get goosepimples thinking about it :)..we even married in secret, our families fully understood our reasons when we surprised them afterwards :)
Follow your dreams and hubby to be....make it your day, and what a good idea to keep everyone else happy with a party on your return :)

have a good day diet wise and enjoy the planning :)

I had a winter wedding (my anniversary was Wednesday :D) and it was lovely. Colors were black, white, turquoise and silver, we used peacock feathers and white cala lilies as accents.

Way to use that treadmill :D

Rose, your wedding sounds perfect to me! Although a few people would probably never talk to me again if I did it in secret, it is tempting! :p You seem so happy with your hubby, it's lovely to see :)

Molly - sounds lovely! OH decided tonight he definitely wants a winter wedding and he wants the date 11/12/13. The day before my mum's birthday.

I've been walking lots the past couple of days as I've got my sisters dog here. He's such a cute little thing! I've also used the treadmill and been pretty good with food. The scales are still going down! Not sure who gave me rep, but thank you lovely :)

Happy weekend all :D

P.S. if anyone knows of any good deals in the med this summer please let me know! Ideally I'd like to rent a villa for a couple of weeks with my OH early june (my birthday) but I can't seem to find much :eek:.

Dog walking will soon melt those pounds :) and your sister's dog will enjoy the exercise too! Keep it up!

Can't advise on med deals hun, but i expect many travel agents will have good deals on just now, if you book by the end of the month etc etc..like a winter sale? Hope you find something lovely :)

is that a definate date then?..and you are still opting for abroad?..or a winter wedding here?...ooh decisions, decisions :)

have a good day!

Thanks Kate, I'll check that site out.

Rose, it's a definite date!! :).
I meant to reply in Kate's thread - you should definitely keep going with the verses if you enjoy it! Maybe if I'm successful with the business venture I could buy a few from you :p

My sisters dog went missing yesterday. My mums boyfriend decided to let him off the lead at the top of a steep dark coastal path. We all went looking for him but I couldn't get him off my mind so I got on the back of my OH's motorbike (first time ever :eek:) and went up there again at 4am. I was so sad when we didn't find him, but luckily a lovely lady gave him shelter for the night. He spent the night sleeping on a golden retrievers belly haha. She said he wandered into her garden and kept coming up to her patio doors in the middle of her dinner party :p.

I'm not going to record my weight until friday, I definitely feel lighter after all the walking I've been doing. Climbing all those coastal path steps to find the dog nearly killed me lol.

Aww so pleased you found the dog okay, i bet everyone was relieved :) what a happy ending :)

I bet that walking has made a difference to the scales hun, good luck and keep going!!!

Oh yes, remember me when your business is a huge success and you are a high flyer :)

ooh exciting, definate date, enjoy all the planning :)

After posting in someone else's diary about it, I've realised I'm finding the lack of boundaries a problem. I think I need to find a plan to join - I need rules. I have so much weight to lose :/ maybe slimming world or back to calorie counting? If only I could wake up slim tomorrow! :rolleyes:

Why on earth did I let myself get so big..

Back