Confused about reaching BMI target of 21

Staffdieter

I started on SS CD with a BMI of 33, and would really like to get down to a BMI of 21, based on what I have weighed in the past this is a good weight for me.
I have been advised by my CDC that I can carry on with SS until I reach 25 (aside from a week 13 on 810), and then move on to 810 until I reach 23, at which time I would need to move up the programme. Can someone advise how I would then get down to 21, I would much prefer to stay on CD than move onto another programme, however I also want to make sure I follow good health guide lines??

if you are moving up the programmes you will still be losing weight until you get to the highest one. they are still low in calories but are about training your brain about what is good for your body. you still get good losses at 810 and on 1000, slightly slower ones but it helps prevent you from gaining back what you lost by going straight back into old eating habits.

also, talk to your cdc about this because there is no hard and fast rule about what weight you need to move onto the higher plans. but they will have had lots of experience about what works best for people and are the best person to ask.

you won't need to move onto a lower programme. if you stay on 1000 for a while you will still lose around 2lbs a week at least :)

abz xx

I do know from what the wise KD says that you HAVE to switch to 810 when your BMI hits 25, and that apparently is to stop your body from burning lean muscle instead of fat. We need that lean muscle to keep our metabolisms ticking over properly so stepping up to 810 is a must. I have lost more than a stone on that 810 stage Staff so don't be scared of it! As Abz says, re-educating your mind about food and learning to make new & better choices is essential if we want to get to target & stay there. People who get to target & then start eating the way they used to do are the people who pile it all back on... and that's NOT gonna happen!

So... my advice would be to listen to your CDC. I think she is giving you the right info and the tools to make a success of CD. Go for it, honey!!!

xxx

i'm sure that cambridge changed the rules on this... you used to have to go up a plan when you were a stone above bmi 25, but now i think you can ss to goal if you want to as long as you start ssing at a stone above a bmi 25?

i could be wrong about that, but i thought they decided that around christmas time? i'm sure someone will be along to sort me out soon :)

abz xx

I think it might have changed, because I have heard the 'stone plus' thing too, but from what KD says you do have to switch to 810 at bmi 25... sure I read this only yesterday. Will go look for the thread. BUT you can stay on 810 to goal, which I was glad about as it's what I plan to do.

xxx

hmm. maybe that's it? i'm not close yet so haven't updated my information for a while :)

Yes, once you have a BMI of 25 + 1 stone then you should start moving up the plans. I have done two weeks on 810 and 1000 plans each and starting today I am moving up to 1200 plan (my BMI has just gone under 25). My CDC said that it is really important that you start re-introducing normal foods back into your diet to boost your metabolism so once at target you can maintain your weight loss.

Can't find the bloomin' thread... KD, HEEELLLLPP!!!!!!

xx

Ignore the BMI + 1 stone. That's only for people who are starting out on the diet. They aren't allowed to SS at that weight.

Everyone else:
When you get to BMI25, you need to be on 810 (or above). You can stay at 810 until goal if you want, or start moving up gradually from then on.

Staff: If your goal is BMI 21, that's quite low and could be more difficult to maintain, so I think your CDC is giving you excellent advice based on 'you' and your goals. Moving to 1000 at BMI23 is a very wise decision. You should continue to lose on that level, albeit smaller losses, but moving up the plans slowly and possibly staying on each one for a little longer, would make it a little easier to maintain.

Back