Confused on Syn value of Linda Mcartney sausages

charliebecca

When i put the sausages that are 50g each into the manual calculator and it says 5 each. but when i search by brand on the diary it says 2. Which one should i go by :S

I questioned this with my consultant and basically go by the 5 syns - the 2 syns are probably a different weight (there are some skinny LM sausages out there). Have you tried cauldron sausages - they are only one or two syns each and veggie.

Linda McCartney's Vegetarian Sausages, 6 pack, frozen 50g each

extraeasy.gif
2 Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 2 Syns
green.gif
Green 2 Syns

Try only to use the syn calculator when the product isn't listed on syns online. A you've found it can be difficult to use particularly where there are free food allowances to factor into the calculation.

Just to revive this thread... I got some LM Red Onion and Rosemary sausages (frozen) after hearing they're syn free, but on reading the pkt it says they're 65 cals each? Surely this would mean they're synned?

Here's the nutritional bit; per 100g

energy - 128kcal
Protein - 14.2g
Carbs - 9.7g
of which is
sugars - 2.7g
Fat - 3.7g
Fibre - 5.8g
Salt - 0.5g

it says 'special edition' on the front which made me think 'uh oh'

SulisMinerva said:

Hi SulisMinerva..

They qualify for 'free food' value in the calculation. I'm not an expert but I think that the nutritional info plus the freed food allowance makes them syn free. Quorn sausages also qualify for free food allowance but their nutritional make up (possibly added oil?) means they have a syn value.

I think that is how it works.

Hi SulisMinerva..

They qualify for 'free food' value in the calculation. I'm not an expert but I think that the nutritional info plus the freed food allowance makes them syn free. Quorn sausages also qualify for free food allowance but their nutritional make up (possibly added oil?) means they have a syn value.

I think that is how it works.

Ok, I think I get it. Thank you for checking for me :)

Just to revive this thread... I got some LM Red Onion and Rosemary sausages (frozen) after hearing they're syn free, but on reading the pkt it says they're 65 cals each? Surely this would mean they're synned?

Here's the nutritional bit; per 100g

energy - 128kcal
Protein - 14.2g
Carbs - 9.7g
of which is
sugars - 2.7g
Fat - 3.7g
Fibre - 5.8g
Salt - 0.5g

it says 'special edition' on the front which made me think 'uh oh'

Red onion and rosemary syn free, italian 1/2 syn each, vegetarian 2 syns each.

Back