Constantly Freezing

ElaineD

From reading the forum I know a lot of people seem to be cold all the time. I am constantly freezing. I cant get warm, despite practically sitting on top of the radiator and sleeping with my electric blanket on (its one of the ones you can do that with)
Does anyone know why this is?
Its a small downside of the diet, but I just wondered why it is that we're all baltic!!!

for me it's my hands, feet and nose! lol

I think it's down to our metabolisms running slower than usual. It is a right pain isn't it! no one noticed I'd lost any weight for ages because of all the extra layers I was wearing!

ahh and me as well - I actually sleep with socks and a jumper on!!

Watching TV the other night and my husband was sitting laughing at me. At first I wondered why, then I caught sight of myself in the mirror. Thick fleecy pyjamas, knee length sheepskin slippers, a massive fleece dressing gown (wrapped round me twice) and a blanket up to my neck!! Everyone else was wearing Tshirts!!lol
I'm considering buying a woolly hat for evenings!!!

your body is pretty much a machine. a machine needs fuel to run efficiently.
the fuel we need to run at full efficiency is a minimum 1200 calories.
we are giving our bodies between 415 and 810 calories per day (depending on which plan u are on).
now imagine the running of ur home. if someone gave u £20 per day to run ur home effieciently u would probably cope quite well BUT if they suddenly dropped ur allowance to a meer £6 per day u would look for ways to cut the cost of running. now one of the most economical ways to cut costs is to reduce heating costs.
much like a machine your body has to use a lot of its resources to keep u warm. however, feeling snug is not vital so the body can afford to turn the thermostat down a fair bit in order to keep the body at a safe, but not necessarily comfortable temperature.
so, in theory, ur body is doing its bit for the being economical, using the calorie recession in the best way it sees fit :D.
im sorry if ive waffled on a bit. trying to make sure it makes sense, although ive probably made it even more confusing knowing me. :)

No, it makes perfect sense:) Thanks.
Never thought I'd see the day where I was looking forward to going for a run so I would be warm though!!!lol

Back