Converted

nicci79

Well this afternoon i put in my order for Exante!! I have been doing Cambridge Diet for 2 weeks and am strict on it, So to save a few £'s (70 odd infact) i have decided to swap over! the only thing i am worried about is having to do the meals after 4 weeks!! has anyone else that has changed from CD to Exante found this an issue?? bit concerned about the calorie difference as it is nearly a whole other meal! CD shakes are only 146!

Also the bars look like they will be really tasty!

I really like the bars - substantial, chewy and not too sweet.

The losses reported on exante are about equivalent to those on CD despite the slight calorie difference - give it a go and see if it suits you, it's a huge financial saving if it does!

I know! £73 is not to be laughed at. it is like i said to my husband though, we start all these diets and we don't know what the flavours are like, but i would hold my nose to drink them if it meant i get the same results for less money. My pack should be coming Tuesday i believe as i ordered it today!? xx

Hi nicci, welcome to Exante!
I've not done Cambridge before but plenty of others on here have who may be able to share their experiences.

The Exante total solution consists of 3 'meals' a day- from soups, porridge, shakes or a bar. The total amount of calories is 600. No other food is allowed on total solution. People still get excellent weight loss on Exante- simply because as long as you burn off more than what you eat, you'll lose weight. 600 cals a day is easily burnt off by day to day living. So even if there are more cals in exante than cambridge, as long as you burn off 600 cals you'll be fine ;) The food break week is to reintroduce conventional food, to teach us how to eat properly I guess and it also can give the metabolism a boost. Most people still get a good loss during their food week, because the total amount of cals is still only 1000-1200 ish, which is again easily burnt off by just going about your day. There are some nice recipes on the Exante website. It's not a case of having a week off completely, you still have your 3 a day but add healthy low carb low calorie food.
What aspect of food break are you worried about? I worried that I would put on weight during food break but after seeing what people still lose I'm not anymore! :D

The bars are nice! They're big and chewy. A bit like a tracker bar (without the layer of chocolate :(). I like the toffee nut one the best. The orange one was a bit pungent smelling for me, although it was nice to have chocolate! I found myself only want the toffee one though so didn't order any more orange choc. You can only have one bar a day but that's ok with me as I like the soups. I think most people who come to Exante from Cambridge find that the products taste better.

HI , I swapped from CD to exante and its great :) the calorie difference made NO difference to my losses at all (any diet with calories lower than 800 will show the maximum weight loss possible in a healthy way ) and in fact as the shakes are much thicker and the bars are bigger and more filling I find it much easier to stick to . One thing I will say is give it a week or so to get used to the shakes , as CD shakes contain a lot of artificial sweeteners , which exante dont , so they seem really bland . You can add a crushed up tablet sweetener to them if you need but after a week or so you will get use to the new flavours :) I hated the CD soups but love the exante ones too so thats a bonus :)

the food break is there to 1 . give you a metabolic boost and 2. as there is no-one checking up on your health its there to make sure you stay healthy ( NICE guidelines state that a VLCD should not be done continuously for more than 12 weeks , so as exante has no person keeping an eye on you , they say 4 weeks , although a lot of people dont do this ... its totally up to you ....)

hope you enjioy exante :)

Thanks guys! it is really nice to hear from you! i suppose i am just a bit worried about the food week as i got into the diet not expecting to eat any food for 12 weeks! I have just finished one of my 10 minute work out dvd's for the first time and i am beetroot colour!! it was hard but amazing!! first time doing it tonight and i aim to do 1 a night for the first couple of weeks then step it up a bit!

I finish my cd packs tomorrow so i am hoping my delivery will be here tuesday!? is it likely to be as i ordered it today do you know?? x x

Brill, thanks guys. I am using the 10 minute trainer DVD's they are shorter versions on P90X i believe, i got them off one of the late night shopping channels (cringe!) but they are bloomin good! i think the website is called Beach body, cheaper if you get them from the tv though x x x

Back