• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Coq-Au-Vin (Slow Cooker Recipe)

Im currently making Coq-Au-Vin in the slow cooker from the One-Pot Wonder book. It smells lovely! Put it on a slow setting so it can cook nice and slow and be ready in time for dinner tonight.

I have slightly adapted the recipe to make it for two people but this is what I have done:

Ingredients

Chicken breast
Carrots
Onions
Mushrooms
300ml of Chicken Stock
100ml of Red Wine (4 syns)
Mixed Herbs
Garlic Powder

Method

I browned the chicken and added it to the slow cooker along with the chunky chopped onions, mushrooms and carrots. I then added the 300ml of chicken stock and the 100ml of red wine. Then I added a good sprinkling of the mixed herbs and garlic podwer. Mixed it all together and left it on a low cook setting for 8 hours.

If you like your sauce a little thicker then u can always add some smash to thicken it up a little. I have anyway!

On an EE day this whole thing comes out as 4 syns, so for two people it would only be 2 syns each :)

Like I said, it's currently still cooking but smells lovely! Roll on 6pm! xx

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
Last edited:
wouldnt it be lower syns than that as it would become alcohole free after the cooking? because white win for example is only like 2 syns when u use it in cooking

Got this in the slow cooker now for tonight. Thanks for posting!

this sounds really lovely- will have to buy a wee bottle of red to make this, thanks for posting.

I've been meaning to try this for a while now,sounds really nice! Typical though,I have a bottle of white wine!