Coq-Au-Vin (Slow Cooker Recipe)

Sarah-Jayne

Gold Member
Im currently making Coq-Au-Vin in the slow cooker from the One-Pot Wonder book. It smells lovely! Put it on a slow setting so it can cook nice and slow and be ready in time for dinner tonight.

I have slightly adapted the recipe to make it for two people but this is what I have done:

Ingredients

Chicken breast
Carrots
Onions
Mushrooms
300ml of Chicken Stock
100ml of Red Wine (4 syns)
Mixed Herbs
Garlic Powder

Method

I browned the chicken and added it to the slow cooker along with the chunky chopped onions, mushrooms and carrots. I then added the 300ml of chicken stock and the 100ml of red wine. Then I added a good sprinkling of the mixed herbs and garlic podwer. Mixed it all together and left it on a low cook setting for 8 hours.

If you like your sauce a little thicker then u can always add some smash to thicken it up a little. I have anyway!

On an EE day this whole thing comes out as 4 syns, so for two people it would only be 2 syns each :)

Like I said, it's currently still cooking but smells lovely! Roll on 6pm! xx

Last edited:
wouldnt it be lower syns than that as it would become alcohole free after the cooking? because white win for example is only like 2 syns when u use it in cooking

Got this in the slow cooker now for tonight. Thanks for posting!

this sounds really lovely- will have to buy a wee bottle of red to make this, thanks for posting.

wouldnt it be lower syns than that as it would become alcohole free after the cooking? because white win for example is only like 2 syns when u use it in cooking

I dont think it works like that. Plus your not evaporating the wine anyway, its basically stewing it. 2 syns is no hardship anyway!

I've been meaning to try this for a while now,sounds really nice! Typical though,I have a bottle of white wine!

Delicious, thank you SJ.

Back