CornishTT S&S Diary

Tracy, I drink a pint of water with every shake/meal/bar and try and squeeze in 2 to 3 cups of rooibos/peppermint tea drunk from pint mugs, so I get loads in. Also, someone said they had to have a pint before 10am, then another before midday, etc. Maybe that would help.

Kira, nope, I think it's me loosing my brain cells, lol.

Yay day 10!

Ha!ha! I'm sure we'll keep each other right! By the way I love reading your daily weigh and info! It's great as I'm a daily weigher too but since switching to kgs I'm trying to get to grips with grammes and kilogrammes. I was 100g down fro yesterday this morning! Woohoo!

Here's to a good night's sleep and day 10 tomorrow! Wow!

Day 10, 46 days to go. .
Loss today 0.6lb, total lost 11.6lb.
Start weight 16st11.8lb, current weight 16st0.2lb.

Morning all!

Kira - 100g is nearly 1/4 of a pound, well done when you have so little to lose! Why did you switch to kgs n grams?

I am slightly down on yesterday and only slightly better slept (4.30 am roll call from son). I guess I'd better stop moaning about it now cause unless we move (we're desperate to sell) things won't change...

Had cheesy pasta over broccoli last night, only had 50g broccoli as already had 150g green beans for lunch (frozen whole ones, micro'd and sprinkled some herb salt on them, they were yum!) and it was very nice. I took advice from a thread I found on here along the lines of, "how to avoid crunchy pasta" but I cant find it now. Anyway, they said to cook in a small pot and that is exactly what I did, cooked for about 10 mins and it turned out yum. Did you know btw, it says on the pack to soak for 5 mins before cooking!? Anyhoo, I'll give it a try to soak and then micro it and see if it comes out ok.

Feeling very weak this morning. Legs felt really weak after climbing the stairs, is that normal? Not done a VLCD for this long before (usually give up after a few days). It hasn't weakened my resolve or anything, I was just wondering if anyone else experienced this?

Hope you're all winning x

Last edited:
Morning Toni,

Day 10! It is normal to get waves of weakness and then euphoria on vlcd and I certainly found this. So do take it easy when you feel,like this. I had a slight dizzy spell yesterday so was just careful and took things slowly.

I switches form pounds to kg dor two reasons, the numbers seemed less I.e. less amount to lose, less numbers that is even though the weight to lose would be the same. I was just stuck at 8st13 couldn't go beyond and thought it would help. Useful as ds2 and ds1 use kg and need it for school and DH use kg even though he's American. So thought I'd try metric too.

Scale showing 57kg exactly the 100g is back on! Not bothered though it will come of as fat I'm sure at some point this week.

Oh, I see why you went metric now. And like you say, the 100g will be off come weigh day! I am south african and always used to be metric but 12 years in this country has converted me to pounds and ounces. Off to have some brekkie.

AND, just realised only 0.2lb off my next goal, lose 2st7lb loss, bring it on! x

Toni that is great only 0.2lb to get you to 2st 7! You're doing really well especially with two young ones! I hope you are feeling less weak today and a little more energy?

Ur doing fantastic hun :) well jell on ur loss bt happy for u too lol...hpe u have a brill day tdai u will b at goal in no time :) xx

Toni meant to say with the pasta products I add boiled water and then zap in microwave per instructions. It stops pasta crunch & doesn't take an age! On such low calories I want my packs quick!

Thanks everyone.

Clinquant - Waves, gotta learn to surf these waves, do lots when euphoric, relax when weak.

Slim and happy - Thanks, will try keep ramblings and thoughts interesting, lol

Kira - Thanks for the cooking tip re the pasta, only having 1 meal pack a day atm, so will try the pasta again tomorrow.

Feeling slightly less weak as the day's gone on but I think I could probably put some of it down to the sleep deprivation. I've tried to tire the little dude out and we're going to put him in the lounge over night, so hopefully that will help and maybe he might lay in a little longer.

Sweet dreams all, hope you had a good day x

Ha! Ha! That made me chuckle! It's great when you need storage for kids toys and stuff but I have to say these day I avoid going in as I get panic attacks not being able to get out quickly enough and having the walk all the way through! Great exercise though!

Hope you get a good night's sleep. Day 10 coming to a close and thank goodness tomorrow is day 11 and closer to weigh in.

oooo, btw, forgot to say, IKEA is coming to Exeter, hip hip hooorah, lol...

Oh wow where abouts?!!
I went to Uni in Exeter (years ago now, bet lots has changed!) Beautiful little city!!
:)
Xx

I agree Exeter is lovely. Had a friend who was there doing her house job (as newly qualified doctor) and we went down every other weekend from London to see her and really liked the area.

Toni hope you have a great day and daily weigh numbers have gone down too! Day 11!

Day 11, 45 days to go. .
Loss today 14oz, total lost 12lb 4oz.
Start weight 16st 11lb 8oz current weight 15st 13lb 4oz.

Sammy - I heard it on the SW news two nights ago that it was accept and got this direct from their website : IKEA Exeter, In October 2013 we submitted an outline planning application for a new IKEA store and up to 220 new homes on land adjacent to the A379 and Newcourt Way in Exeter. I dont know exeter very well as about an hour away from here so dont get to go much but I agree, it is a lovely city, especially for shopping.

Kira - Ive been to the Bristol store a few times and found 'gaps' in the display that allowed me to zip through and get to the end in no time. But to be honest, I go so seldom, it's a novelty to see all they have. I am hoping that when we move (please can we sell this maisonette already) the store will be open (stores spring up so quickly these days).

Nearly another lb down today and feeling slightly hungry today. It might be because I didn't drink enough water yesterday (well for me, only drank about 3l) but also possibly cause I tweaked my chilli pack yesterday. I used 2 tsp Gia Sun Dried tomato paste (10ml = 20 cals and 0.4g carbs) and also about 10g discovery jalapenos (10g = about 10 cals and 0.4g carbs). I just wanted to spice it up a little, I wanted my chilli to be a bit more spicy. Anyway, it turned out lovely and delicious, so will probably be having again. These two ingredients are currently not on plan but I have mailed asking them to be added, so waiting till monday for an answer. Personally, if I dont see a gain in the next couple of days (always believe damage happens a couple of days after not next day) I will probably use again for my chilli packs. I miss a bit of heat and spice in my food!

I know this week and next week I will slow in losses a bit and not see dramatic loss like i did last week but I am cool with that. it is very similar with atkins, you get a whoosh first week then weeks 2-4 are a little slow while body adjusts and fights back, lol.

Just a quick note, I also believe that the reason I keep going down and not stalling is, erm, what they call on the Atkins thread, regular 'park' visits. I have a tablespoon of psyllum husks every day with breakfast and I find that in combo with the veg I have (150g usually at lunch) keep me going. Sorry for tmi but I know some people have struggled and I know from experience I have a 'lazy' bowel, so pre-empted it before things stopped and got bunged up. OK, every one wash your hands, topic over, lol.

Sorry for the essay people, hope you have a fandabby day. x

Brilliant! Wow! Under 100kg and in the 15 after 4 years is fab! Love your attitude about not getting hung up on the scales. It is in one respect simple, stick to this plan or any plan where there is a calorie deficit there WILL be weight loss. It doesn't always show on the scale every week but it does show eventually. I must try the psyllium husks although I am doing ok so far. It could be because I have more veg (due to PT sessions) than SnS advocate but again I am happy with that as still showing to be in ketosis and losing weight. I can tell by my gym gear as well my jeans and of course the scales though my numbers stay the same for a bit longer.

Have a great day, off the put on another load of washing soon! I have unwell teenage son at home too will need some tlc at some point.

Back