CornishTT S&S Diary

Wow that is fantastic, getting below 100kg is definitely a biggie :)

I'm always moaning at how slow my weight loss is but i just realised today that in total ive lost 25lbs so im only 3lbs away from losing 2 stone and 4lbs away from getting into the 11's, it's amazing how reaching our little goals can make you feel x

Last edited:
Day 20, 36 days to go. .
Weight loss today lb, total lost 1st, 0lb, 6oz.
Start weight 16st 11lb 8oz current weight 15st 10lb 6oz.
Exercise : day 5, REST DAY.

Small gain this am, not sure what that is about but with daily WI it is to be expected. I am feeling ok this am, considering my long walk yesterday, I am feeling a little peckish this am but I am resisting and chugging the water/coffee/tea..

Hopefully scales will be back down to 15st10 ish so I can at least say I've lost a pound this week. With the off plan lunch on Tuesday I would take any loss or even a STS.

Took some measurements today and since August, and I've lost 5 inches of waist and 5 inches off hips, motivated me! :D

Last edited:
Morning Toni,

Don't worry about the small gain it will be gone in no time. Yesterday I was 12.4 but on the cusp of 12.3 but today I am 12.5 almost 12.6??, but as you said I think one of the downfalls of daily weighing is that we will have a few gains along the way so I'm not going to stress about it and neither should you :) x

I agree Tracy, it's the goals that spur me on. How's your list coming on? x

Yesterday I made a list of everything I would like to include in my daily planner but I very quickly realised that there just isn't enough hrs in the day to do everything and I would very quickly burn myself out so I got a bit overwhelmed by the whole thing :(.

I'm not planning on following the fly lady plan as such but it is great for tips so I went back to the website today and realised that it says you should start off with a very basic routine then slowly build it up, so I think I was just trying to run before I could walk x

So today I am going to re-do the list but split the list into 3.....

List 1 - Things that really need to get done everyday no matter what.

List 2 - Things I really want to start doing everyday but the world wouldn't end if I couldn't.

List 3 - Jobs that need done around the house but only when I can fit them in.

Then I can start off my new routine with just everything from List 1 so the basics are getting done, then I can slowly add in things from List 2, working up to List 3.

Anyway I'll stop now before I take over your entire diary!! lol, I better go and update my own x

Day 20, 36 days to go. .
Weight loss today lb, total lost 1st, 0lb, 6oz.
Start weight 16st 11lb 8oz current weight 15st 10lb 6oz.
Exercise : day 4, duration ?, calories burned ?

Small gain this am, not sure what that is about but with daily WI it is to be expected. I am feeling ok this am, considering my long walk yesterday, I am feeling a little peckish this am but I am resisting and chugging the water/coffee/tea..

Hopefully scales will be back down to 15st10 ish so I can at least say I've lost a pound this week. With the off plan lunch on Tuesday I would take any loss or even a STS.

Took some measurements today and since August, and I've lost 5 inches of waist and 5 inches off hips, motivated me! :D

That inch loss is impressive. Well done.

I weigh daily too and find that it helps to keep an average rather than a daily - it's really interesting how the average goes down and it really helps to avoid being disappointed by the daily fluctuations. I will use it even more when I switch to alternate day fasting. I think there's an app called true weight or something?

Day 13, 43 days to go. .
Start weight 16st 11lb 8oz current weight tba.
Weight loss to date tba.
Exercise : day 5, duration tba, calories burned tba.

Oh well, another bout of self sabotage last night has put me back again. I am stressed out about a potential business we've been trying to buy (for the last 4 months) which has fallen through twice already and this is our final chance to buy it.
We also have two viewings at lunch time today and the house is ok ish but far from ready.

I ate a bunch of rubbish yesterday, by my old standards it was a measly a snack but by SnS standards it was carb and sugar heavy and has duffed up my diet. So, this morning, in the rubbish mood that I am already in because I cheated, stressed about business and harassed cause I have to get my home show room ready (and totm this morning exacerbating it further) I went forth into the kitchen dead set on stuffing my face with all sorts to feed my emotions.

But then I remembered what Clinquant said about anxiety and how we feed our mouths to quell our emotions. I said to myself, "you have a choice, allow food to control you, or control your food intake. Do you want to be slim?" and I chose to be slim. I chose to be healthy for myself, hubby and kids. I chose to have control and not be my own victim. I chose to reverse the damage I have already done.

So a BIG THANK YOU to Clinquant (again) for giving me the tools to be my own voice of reason.

So, I am setting the clock back. It is now only day 13 of my diet challenge and I am having my second WI tomorrow. Also, I am going to quit the daily WI. Not because it effects me too badly, but more so when I fiddle around with stats, lb and oz, up 6oz, down 1lb1oz, pain in the neck. I aim to get on the scales tomorrow for my "official WI" then not step on them again till the following Monday. Going to need all the willpower in the world, even more so than not cheating, lol.

It is a truly miserable day today but we are tidying the house and getting ready to go out for an hour later while they show them around then back here for a lazy old day.

Hope you all are having a wonderful day x

Well done Toni! Well done for stopping and taking control its not an easy thing to do, you are strong! Also well done for not weighing everyday, that's my plan too, weighed in this morning and not weighing again til next Sunday. I hope you stay strong and the next few days as they might be hard too. Good luck! xx

Well done on the inch loss.

May I suggest putting your scales somewhere out of sight, back of a wardrobe, under a bed, in the garage?!!! That way it's not easy to pop on them and you'll be able to resist until your weekly weigh day?

Hope the viewing goes well, you have lots of stressors happening and it's understandable to turn to food as I myself do tend to do this too! But you've decided to make a change and you've recognised the fact which is a massive step in itself! Well done, you're on the right path :) xx

I think the trials we overcome make what we achieve even more worthwhile. Losing this weight is just not easy. Sending you lots of willpower inducing thoughts and a big hug.

Wow! Toni great post! And great inch loss. Clinq as ever you advice is calm and inspiring and agree "eye of the storm" explains those moments so well when we self sabotage.

Toni in hope the anxiety/stress passes with successful purchase of the business. I don't know about you but I'm finding that as I grow older, kids are growing older I am becoming more anxious about everything. I worry about worrying! I wonder if that's why some of us still feel or think we feel hungry when we are in ketosis?

Hey guys, will reply more later, off it out library then swimming.
The eye of the storm ended up being more like the perfect storm, that fishing movie with George Clooney. Spoiler alert if not seen it, skip to next paragraph. All hands went down, drowned in a bottle of wine, crisps, chocolate and melancholy.

So, not only am I slightly hungover but now feeling yucky from all food consumed.

Haven't had my first pack, keeping it for later, will have a bar later when dd swimming and ds munching away on some snack.

Back