CornishTT S&S Diary

That's is so true! Why would we want to do that!?! Hope today is the start of a great positive week for all. I am hoping to be fully back in the swing and I feel the melancholy you felt yesterday. End of January can be so hard going. I don't think I've ever had a great January, ever!

Hi Toni, I'm sorry to hear yesterday was a rotten day but don't let one bad day ruin all the good ones :).

My dad phoned me last week to say he had a blip and ended up in the chippy on his way home and before he knew it he had eaten a battered fish, a battered black pudding and chips :(. I told him not to worry just draw a line under it and carry on and he did, he phoned me today to say he still lost 4lbs at his weigh-in so he was so glad he didn't let one blip ruin his whole week.

The good this about having a bad day is that in less than 24hrs it's all over and we get to do it all over again x

I've never heard of battered black pudding before .... mmmmmmmmmm I'd eat my own foot if it was battered!!

drawing a line under a blip is even harder than staying on track, it's something I've always struggled with but I'm sure the day to test it again will come at some point. I don't want to! especially when you weigh and it's higher than your stats weigh in, so you don't want to log on until you're below it again, but without the support of this site it all goes to pot...gah

We've all been there TT we totally understand

I wrote this at 11pm last night but went to bed before posting it.

I WAS going to catch up and reply and thank everyone for your wonderful support, let me take a moment to say it now! Thank you all for your wonderful support!

What's sidelined me is that at just gone 6pm I went to go run the kid's bath and the power went. Not the trip switches as I initially thought but all power into the maisonette. Seems the power comes from downstairs, I got their name n address from land registry but they're x directory so drove there but no answer n lights off. Been without power since, luckily power board here n they've given us a temp supply. I'm shattered but have had a good day diet wise.

Well, was in the kitchen about to make my pancakes but the realised it was only 7.30 and I would be ravenous if I ate them then and then not eat again till midday, so will have them when I get back from nursery drop off.

Then celeriac chips n curry pack for lunch, bar for about 3pm then maybe cheesy pasta pack for dinner. Got lots to do today, still de-cluttering kids room, HOW do they have so many toys?

Hope u all have a good day peeps! x

Last edited:
Well done staying on track when you had a bad night, I can totally sympathise as had a terrible couple of days which I wont go in to on your thread. Keep going, you're doing great xx

P.S. I LOVE battered black pudding x

Wow what an eventful evening...well done for getting through....xx

Got lots to do today, still de-cluttering kids room, HOW do they have so many toys? Hope u all have a good day peeps! x

Morning Toni :),

I have got no idea where half the clutter comes from I swear they must be sneaking it in!! lol. How is it all going? I'm still working on sorting a basic routine before I move onto de-cluttering.

I have made a few permanent changes to my routine though that are really helping.

1: After dinner my dishwasher must be filled and the kitchen must be cleaned, no more leaving it to the morning.

2: After finishing the kitchen all our clothes must be ironed and left out for the next morning.

3: On weekdays I have to be in bed for 10.30, no more sitting up until 1am. I can't expect to be active early in the morning without enough sleep.

4: I must exercise 2 afternoons a week, and I must do 2 after nursery activities with my son such as swimming or soft play. That's where I'm at so far, not great but it's a start :) x

Last edited:
Everyone - going on take a little sabbatical from minimins for a little while, going round in vicious circles or binging then trying to be good. Think I'm over thinking diet. Will try get back on wagon but not make too much of it. So, hope you all have a good few days, see you Monday.

Tracy - That's a FAB list and a very good start. Imagine what it would be like if you didn't have that list. Dirty kitchen every morning and a rush to iron on top of it, who was wants that! Good going! x

Oh Toni I'm going to miss you :(.

I do know where your coming from though as for the last few days I've be craving real food so I've been having the odd stick of cheese here and slice of gammon there, all carb free foods but I know it wouldn't be long until it's not so I've decided to take Saturday off to have what I want and get it all out of my system so I can come back onto the plan feeling 100% again :).

I'll keep checking for updates and hope your back with us soon xx

Good luck with giving yourself a bit of time to think about what you are going to do. When you are in that overthinking frame of mind it can be so hard to see clearly and even the lovely support and ideas on here can seem to add to the confusion and feeling of overwhelm. Will miss you and are here when you return, whatever plan you go with.

So have a good few days too and see you when we see you.

I can understand the need to take a break. Really hope you have a good few days. Come and let us know how you are when you feel up to it.

Take it easy on yourself....you will work out when you're ready and whats right for you...xx

Take a nice relaxing chill out and hopefully we'll see you here soon but whatever path you follow I wish you the best. You've been very supportive and helpful to lots of us on here so here's hoping we can return the favour when you're ready :) Xx

Toni, I have also take a break in a way as i have just been busy and not focused on anything including the diet. I plan to resume on Monday as I have friends here from London over the weekend and want to enjoy time with them.

I understand where you are coming from and sometimes a few days off thinking about diet can be the best way to get back on track.

Back