Cost of CD?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Bernadette, 16 April 2008 Social URL.

1. Bernadette

Bernadette Member

Hi all! Just a quick question which I hope some of you can help me with. I want to start CD as soon as poss and have recently been in touch with my local counsellor. She quoted me a price of £40 per week, is this normal? I was expecting more £30ish a week. I'm a student so on a very tight budget :(

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. CW Consultant

CW Consultant Gold Member

4. kellymundy

kellymundy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Sadly there is not a set price for CD and every councellor can set whatever price they like. Have you looked to see if there are any other councellors local to you? All CDC's aren't registered on the website so it may well be worth your while putting in a call to the head office to see if there are any in your area not listed there, they may well charge closer to the average price (around the £35 a week mark).
    Good Luck on starting your weight loss journey and finding the price you are looking for.

5. Bernadette

Bernadette Member

Thanks for the advice. There is one other counsellor around my area, though I'm still waiting to hear back from her. I'll probably do a bit more research and then just go with the £40 p/w if I can't find cheaper.

6. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.39%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    How many per day was that for??? Depends if she was charging you for 3 or 4 a day ........

7. Bernadette

Bernadette Member

That was for 3 a day.

8. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.39%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Mmmmmmmmm well I charge £1.65 for soups/shakes and £1.90 for tetras and bars - so comes to £34.65 for all shakes/soups or £39.90 for tetras/bars - or somewhere in the middle if a combination of these.

Contact other CDC's and see what they're charging.

9. Bernadette

Bernadette Member

Thanks so much, that's really helpful :) From what I've been reading it seems the Tetras are the nicest (and I have a sweet tooth anyway!) so I guess £40 for a week of them is acceptable.

10. doubledumplings

doubledumplings Silver Member

Diet:
    cambridge diet
    i pay £37 a week and thats for 21 packs,bars and tetras my cdc doesnt charge any more for them. just think its cheaper than a weeks worth of shopping lol

11. doubledumplings

doubledumplings Silver Member

Diet:
    cambridge diet
    should of said 21 mix of all three not 21 of each lol xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.