Cottage cheese ideas please?

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by debtin, 4 September 2011 Social URL.

1. debtin

debtin Gold Member

Diet:
    sw
    morning everyone. I have only recently tried cottage cheese for the first time. Think it was from aldi and was cheese n chive. First of all am i correct in thinking it is syn free or low syns? second....what do you do with it? maybe on top of ryvita? just need some ideas please?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. PatchworkPuss

PatchworkPuss Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    7st3.5lb(39.42%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Try doing a search in the recipe forum and you will find several recipes that make use of cottage cheese. In fact there is one in the current magazine for a Cheesy broccoli pasta bake that uses chive and onion cottage cheese.

4. TeresaTT

TeresaTT Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st5lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(26.59%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I love cottage cheese and often have it with salad and something else like ham or chicken. However, the best use for cottage cheese is to make quiche. Just one tub of cottage chees, four eggs and then whatever veg or free food that you fancy. You don't use a pastry base but you can use cooked pasta. It's really yummy and totally free unlike normal quiche which is mega syns.

5. laura4988

laura4988 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4.5lb(8.53%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Iv just made a quiche, currently in the oven cooking away! Now to find the coleslaw recipie made with low fat Mayo that I saw on here. Hmmmm. . .

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.