Couch to 5k in 9 weeks

I wanna do this but would have to take pushchair with me

calorie counting journey!! start:: 14s 8lb current:: 14s 6lb.... 42lbs to go!!

I'm just about to start week 2 and get the feeling that it's going to be really hard! Is it?

I'm just about to start week 2 and get the feeling that it's going to be really hard! Is it?

Well done for completing week 1. I thought that week one was harder than week two. I'll be starting week 4 tomorrow and so far week 1 has def been th hardest. That could all change tomorrow though.

That gives me some hope, thanks!

Hi all! Just did week 4 day 1 today.. Kind of! I get the impression that alot of us are using different versions of c25k but my week for is 3, 4 and 5 min runs with 2 min walks in between. I completed it all but had to pause half way through my 5 min run and walk off a stitch.. The whole run was completed though so I'm counting it! Lol

Well done everyone, you're all doing great! X

I've had an awful week on top of a sore leg, so I haven't started week 3 yet. I'm going to try and do it tomorrow straight after work, but an worried my sore leg will return when I start running. Hopefully not as I've rested it since monday.

I am sooo happy. I did week4 run1 this morning. I was dreading it. I thought there was no way I would be able to run 5 mins once, let alone twice. BUT I DID!!!! A month ago I was a total non-runner and couldn't run 10 seconds without collapsing. This programme really seems to work. There were even a couple of brief point in the final 5 min run where I forgot I was running and was just enjoying myself. I'm really fired up for my next run now.

I still think that week 1 (so far) is by far the hardest week.

Well done Babana!

I tried week 1 day 1 and only managed 2 intervals then my calf muscle went, grr. Will try day 1 again on Wed. I guess a bit of exercise is better than none x

When you say your calf muscle went, what do you mean?

Like it tightened up and i could feel it pulling, wasn't like the normal ache you get, it was quite sharp x

Sounds to me then like you've either not warmed up properly or you've gone to fast, too soon. Or both. Did you warm up before? What speed were you walking and jogging at?

Yeah i think maybe not warmed up enough. I don't know what speed i was going, don't think i jogged too fast cause although i was breathless i wasn't too breathless, if you get what i mean. I'll try walking faster next time, think that's where i've gone wrong. Thanks for your help Caroline x

Damn you 5 minute run!! I can do the 3 and 4 min runs but when it comes to the 5 min run at the end I can't do it! Maybe all in my head, maybe doing too much in the gym before my run (treadmill is last as I go beetroot colour on it!) but it's beating me and I don't like it!!! Humph! Ah well, another try on Thursday!

The idea of running 5 minutes scares me slightly! lol I'm starting Week 2 today, been a week since I did any so might be difficult, I don't know. I'm not sure I can run a minute and a half but we'll see, hopefully!

I don't know whether it'll hell - but I always do my run first bc I have more energy that way - and I blare my music in my headphones and in my mind sing along it helps me not to focus on the runs as such! X

I always run at 6.30am in the morning. It means that I'm completely rested before running. I did my run this morning in torrential rain and driving rain and boy it was tough. I wore hubby's lightweight waterproof but the rain was so hard that I was soaked to the skin anyway. Plus my running trousers were so wet and heavy that they kept falling down whilst I was running...not a pretty sight for the morning commuters!! :D

Caroline g don't be too anxious about wk 2. I think it was easier than wk 1, mainly because the walking periods are slightly longer. Just go for it!

I'm doing it now at 7am, which is when my gym opens. So up at 6 to go before school, was actually surprisingly good today! Day 1 of Week 2 done today and you guys were right, it's actually really not that bad. I was using the NHS podcast but decided that I don't like it, it doesn't stick properly to 2 minutes walk, 1 and a half run because it does too much talking so I'm going to just stick with my counting on the treadmill and my normal gym music from now on. Starting to think maybe I can do this after all!

I'm doing it now at 7am, which is when my gym opens. So up at 6 to go before school, was actually surprisingly good today! Day 1 of Week 2 done today and you guys were right, it's actually really not that bad. I was using the NHS podcast but decided that I don't like it, it doesn't stick properly to 2 minutes walk, 1 and a half run because it does too much talking so I'm going to just stick with my counting on the treadmill and my normal gym music from now on. Starting to think maybe I can do this after all!

Yay! Go for it!

I've not jogged in a week :-o And race day is only 10 days away :-o :-o :-o

Back