Could I ask how much you all pay per week?

Im 33.00 per 21 of whatever I want but at last counsellor last year I was paying 35.35 for the same thing. I would be going elsewhere if they are the prices your paying!! Sarahxx.

Hi,

My CDC charges £1.55 each for everything, soups, shakes, bars & tetras so I end up paying £32.55 each week. (21)

£32.55 for whatever mix of packs, tetras, bars I have. Water flavourings £6.20

Ok Ive been brave and called her...I asked why it was £40 per week and she said it was because all CDCs are self employed and can charge whatever they want, she charges that to cover her overheads and because she came out to me today, she only lives about 15 mins away so Im going to contact the lady in Sutton that KittyKat said about and change over.
Thanks for all your help everyone
x

Good for you and well done for being brave!

Its hard sometimes to question why people charge what they do, but you have to feel happy with your cdc and not to feel ripped off.
I know they can charge what they seem reasonable, but if you can get the same for £10 cheeper else where....then I would go for it!

well done you and good luck!
Lou X

well done you her name sybil and nos on website

I pay £33 for 21 packs,with no extra charges,however,I did pay a £7 "admin" charge on my very first visit.

Sue:)

I pay £33 for 21 packs,with no extra charges,however,I did pay a £7 "admin" charge on my very first visit.

Sue:)

Hmm, that's interesting. CDCs do have to pay for the books they give out (I give them free however, as I think they're essential and wouldn't want people going without because they don't want to pay for them!), but, aside from that, I can't quite see what an admin charge would cover. I guess a first appt takes a bit longer, but that's all part of the service.

It's interesting that your CDC charges potentially less than the rrp (unless you're having all sachets), yet gives an admin charge!

Jo x

Thank you I contacted a couple of other CDC's and have found one not far from work that charges £32.55 per week for 21 so I will be going to see her on Saturday for my next lot.

I started today and at the moment am fine but tomorrow is another day!!

I also think the fact that she comes to you could have the extra charges on. If she lives 15 minutes away from you she is adding on another 30 minutes to your appointment time instead of you going to her, plus petrol expenses and also having to bring her equipment with her. Maybe you could find out if she still charges £40 If you go to her.

I know i personally do not make any house calls as it was adding too much time and with 5 children it was a nightmare to organise childcare aswell.

julesrush

I asked if I could go to her but the charge would be the same but thanks anyway

It could be that she became a CDC to make money, and this is the way she manages it, especially if she only has a a few clients. People do not like to be ripped off though!!

Hi ya,:) :)

Counsellors do charge different prices, but I charge the recommended retail prices which is:

Sachets £1.55
Tetra's £1.75
Bars £1.80

Thanks

Nick :D :D

I charge £32.50 for whatever mix my Clients have. I also visit a lot of my Clients and I dont charge unless they live a long way away ( say over 20 miles). I live in the country. lol
I am not in it for the money. I just enjoy meeting people and this is a lovely way to do it.

Back