Coundown to my sons wedding in Ibiza

Lolabolla

Let me introduce myself, I'm Sue.

I don't usually 'blog' or have any affiliations to online social sites either.
I'm asking you lovely, knowledgeable people here to follow and support me in my journey to lose 100lb by May 25th 2014.

You see, my very handsome youngest son is to marry his girlfriend of 9 years in a very romantic ceremony on the sunny island of Ibiza on that day.
Not only will this be my first holiday for in 8 years, it's also a very special event in this mums life and I want to look good for him but also for myself.

I started my weight loss campaign in June of this year by joining our local slimming world class.
My Aunt is also supporting me by joining class at the same time, she has very little to lose compared to my century!

So I'll be back here later in the day to update you on my weigh in result, which I fear will be a gain after a very naughty bank holiday weekend.

See you later.

Sue xx

As suspected, a gain of 1.5lb.

I've pledged a 5lb loss this week, so watch this space for updates.

But a 3.5lb loss will get me my 2 stone shiny:D

xx

Last edited:
I'm going for a super speed day today and here's my menu

Breakfast
Mushroom omelette, baked beans and tinned tomatoes

Lunch
2 slices of wholemeal toast HEXB with spaghetti hoops and mushrooms
Nectarine and orange

Dinner
Quorn stir fry with frylite, onion, beansprouts, carrot, peppers, garlic, ginger, soy sauce. Slimming world egg fried rice with peas and onion, Chinese five spice.

I will use 950ml unsweetened almond milk throughout the day for use in tea and coffees HEXA

Snacking on berries and melon throughout the day

Also aiming to drink 2 litres of water.

I love to make skinny lattes using my 950ml unsweetened almond milk HEXA

Since discovering Beanies flavoured coffee they taste totally decadent.

Sometimes make iced coffee too.

Why do we allow ourselves to be scuppered?

I had a blissful afternoon clothes shopping in Evans, Marks and Sparks, Next and I also bought myself some new make up and stuff in Boots It was so nice to be able to actually try on a size 20 and for it to fit as it's only ten short weeks ago that I was squeezing myself into size 24's, I was probably a 26 to be honest.

Anyway, I was planning to have a couple of slim line tonics, a natter with family that I hadn't seen in years and then a sober drive home.................

I had planned to drive to the family get together at our local pub but my cousin Paul phoned to say that he would be providing transport, oh heck.
Why oh why did I allow myself to be talked into having a drink? I was drinking dry white wine and soda, but my family just do not take no for an answer and I lost count at 7!
So syns for the day, I'm 'over guestimating' were probably in the region of 50.

Now then, I would usually raid the cupboards for naughtiness after a night out but I still had loads of stir fry and fried rice waiting for me at home, so I pigged out on that instead, virtuous or what.
I'm still on plan though after saving my syns up since weigh in on Wednesday but I wanted to have a total syn free week and have a super duper loss, never mind eh'

Onwards and downwards

Going for an Extra Easy day today

Breakfast
Spaghetti hoops on wholemeal bread HEXB
Mushrooms and tinned tomatoes

Lunch
'Mac in a bowl' 2 syns salad of tomato, red onion, peppers, rocket, cucumber.
Nectarine, grapes.

Supper
Savoury mince and onions, asparagus, carrots, peas and roast potatoes cooked in the dry air fryer
Yogurt with mixed berries

1 light cheese slice for mac in a bowl 1/2 HEXA
450ml unsweetened almond milk for hot drinks throughout the day 1/2 HEXA

Aiming for additional 2lt of water

Oh I've been so greedy tonight and have just eaten 3 Muller yogurts straight after each other, WHY............oink!!!!

2 syns today

53 syns left

Last edited:
1 September

Aiming for a clean red day today

HEXA
1 950ml unsweetened almond milk for teas and coffees
2 30gm cheddar
HEXA B
1 2 wholemeal bread
2 slimming world roast potatoes

Breakfast
Mushroom, courgette and onion 3 egg omelette tinned tomatoes

Lunch
Sirloin steak, onions, mushrooms, green beans, and grilled tomato

Supper
Savoury mince, cabbage, carrots, HEXB roast potatoes

Snacks
nectarine, apple, orange and berries
Cheese on toast HEXA+HEXB

Drink 2lts water plus usual teas and coffees

snacked on kitkat 5.5 syns and a curly wurly 6 syns which had been in the fridge.

total syns 11.5

41.5 to carry over

Didn't have my HEXA milk or HEXB potatoes so the syns from the chocolate don't seem to bad.......who am I kidding!!!

Last edited:
Just had a late'ish breakfast and I can't begin to tell you just how nice that omelette was. A really good mix of complimenting flavours.
I'm going to ask my son to show me how to upload photos on here, I can't wait to show you what my meals look like.

It still amazes me that we can eat so well and still continue to lose weight.

I can also upload a 'before' photo of when I started my journey to lose this 100lbs. Best not allow the very young or anyone of a nervous disposition to see it though LOL

2 September

Today will mostly be a Success Express day

HEXA
1 950ml unsweetened almond milk for use in teas and coffees
2 5 laughing cow

HEXB
1 2 slices wholemeal bread
2 230gm jacket potato

Breakfast
3 egg omelette with courgette, mushrooms, onion and half a tin of tomatoes

Lunch
Chicken casserole, carrots, swede, tomatoes, onions, garlic, celery, green beans, cabbage.
2 slices of wholemeal bread HEXA spread with half of laughing cow triangles Half HEXB
Apple, orange, nectarine

Supper
Grilled salmon, Jacket potato HEXB with 2 and a half laghing cow cheese triangles Half a HEXB, salad of lettuce, tomatoes, onions, pickled onions, grated carrot and cabbage.
berries and yogurt

Hoping for a clean day with no added syns

hi Sue, your sons wedding sounds lovely and im sure you will reach your target weight xx i just want to ask is almond milk similiar in taste to "normal" milk as im not keen on skimmed milk in tea and almond milk sounds quite nice

Hi here to subscribe
Your food is looking lovely :)

Dont worry about the slip up with drink we all do it and the fact u came home and had healthy food... thats great :)
Id have reached straight for the pizza menu :) xx

Hi Brittany thank you for your support.

Sue x

hi Sue, your sons wedding sounds lovely and im sure you will reach your target weight xx i just want to ask is almond milk similiar in taste to "normal" milk as im not keen on skimmed milk in tea and almond milk sounds quite nice

Hi cokkieinblueboots

Almond milk is quite 'watery' like skimmed milk but almond milk tastes completely different. You may have to use quite a bit depending how strong you take your tea of coffee.
I love to make iced coffees with the Beanies flavoured coffees which by the way are syn free. My favourite one at the moment is Irish coffee flavour which I blitz with almond milk and a dollop of Muller toffee yogurt, ice a and a small piece of banana to thicken it slightly....lovely

Sue x

3 September

Today I'm having a Green day

HEXA
1 950ml unsweetened almond milk
2 5 light laughing cow triangles

HEXB
1 2 slices wholemeal bread
2 Another 2 slices of wholemeal bread
I love my bread

Breakfast
Spaghetti hoops, mushrooms and tinned tomatoes on three slices of wholemeal bread spread with 2 cheese triangles 1/2 HEXA +1 1/2 HEXB

Lunch
Jacket potato with remaining cheese and Quorn mince bolognaise 1/2 HEXA lettuce, tomato, red onion, peppers.
Apple, orange and nectarine

Supper
3 egg mushroom omelette, slimming world chips, slice of toast 1/2 HEXB baked beans and tinned tomatoes
Grapes, apple Muller toffee yogurt

Aiming for 2 litres of water and hopefully, I wont have any further syns this week taking my 'unused' syns for the week to 41.5

Last edited:
4 September

Having an EE day today

HEXA
5 light laughing cow triangles

HEXB
2 slices wholemeal bread

Breakfast
ham and mushroom omelette, beans and tinned tomatoes

Lunch
Chicken breast, small jacket potato, lettuce, cucumber, red onions, tomatoes, pickled onions and baby beats
Grapes and mellon
Supper
Shepherds pie, peas, green beans and carrots
Berries and toffee muller

Snacking on apple, celery and cheese HEXA

3 litres of water plenty of green teas

Aiming for nil syns today
I'll be flexi syning for Sunday's meal out with my family as it's my eldest boys birthday on Friday.

5th September 2013

Lost 1lb at weigh in last night taking me to 16st

Today is a Green Day

HEXA
5 light laughing cow triangles
950ml unsweetened almond milk
HEXB
2 slices wholemeal bread
2 more wholemeal bread

Breakfast
Apple, orange, melon, with a Muller toffee yogurt

Lunch
Jacket potato with 3 laughing cow Half HEXA spaghetti hoops, lettuce, tomato, red onion, cucumber, pickled onions and baby beetroot
Melon

Super
Savoury quorn mince, cooked with onions, celery, stock cube, slimming world roast potatoes, cabbage, green beans and carrots.

Snack
Apple, celery pickles and remaining cheese, half HEXA,
wholemeal bread 2 HEXB

Aiming to drink 3lts of water today and a couple of green teas

Now to you this may sound a pretty boring day because I haven't used any syns but as we are going out for a family meal on Sunday I plan to enjoy every morsel. I will not feel guilty because I'm flexi syning. If it all goes well I should have a good 60 syns to play with by then............nom

Blummin' crisps!

Walkers crisps are just too tempting.

Had to have a packet so 6.5 syns today

98.5 syns
left

Last edited:
6 September

Another Green day today

I much prefer the freedom of Green days. I was vegetarian for 20 years, vegan for most of that time and never had a problem with my weight. I find it quite easy to throw green meals together.

I'm quite sure that if I could be as disciplined as I was then I doubt that I would have that much of a weight problem. Sometimes though I just have to have some animal protein, my GP puts it down to the anaemia. I have problems with my Vit B12 levels and have to have top up injections every three months now.
Then again, if I had not stopped my 20 a day habit I wouldn't be weighty either!!

Any way enough of that

HEXA
1 950ml almond milk. Using most of it to make some rice pudding
2 5 light laughing cow

HEXB
1 2 slices of wholemeal bread
2 Another 2 slices

Breakfast

3 egg omelette with courgette, onion, mushrooms and tinned tomatoes

Lunch
Jacket potato with quorn chilli, salad of lettuce, red onion, peppers, cucumber, tomato
Apple and orange

Supper

4 slices of toast 2 HEXB topped with cheese triangles HEXA baked beans, mushrooms, 2 Linda McCartney sausages with rosemary, dry fried onions.
Nectarine, orange and grapes
Slimming world syn free rice pudding with toffee muller

2lt water and teas and coffees with almond milk HEXA

Scrub supper!!!!
I spent most of the day painting my newly plastered bedroom walls and ceiling, I think I should get my body magic silver for that alone!!!!!!

Friday is take-away-day in our house, always has been. So after driving eldest to dominos to collect his mammoth meal and also picking up my elderly mothers fish and chip supper from Whitby's (its the name of a chain of fish bars) I was left with a house full of delicious aromas.

My supper then consisted of 3 packets of walkers ready salted crisps and a couple of large whiskey's and lemonade.

I'll be a devil and instead of syning the crisps I'm going to replace them for my supper.........oh I know it's naughty and I should syn them but it makes me feel better doing it this way.

I will syn the whiskey's though at 20 syns for the two

So 71.5 syns remaining

I'm a vey naughty, naughty girl.

Last edited:
7th September

After yesterdays naughtiness I have to have a clean day today

Going for an EE day

HEXA
5 LIGHT LAUGHING COW TRIANGLES
HEXB
2 LICES OF WHOLEMEAL BREAD

Breakfast
Apple, orange Muller toffee yogurt

Lunch

Quorn spag boll made with Quorn mince, onions, garlic, carrots, celery, mushrooms, mixed herbs, beef and chicken flavour Bovril, penne pasta. A huge salad of lettuce, red onion, tomatoes, cucumber and peppers
Mellon and grapes

Supper
Lean bacon, 2 Linda McCartney sausages with rosemary, scrambled eggs, mushrooms, grilled tomatoes
Berries

Snack
Cheese on toast, HEXA AND HEXB with fry light fried onions on top, nom, nom.

3lts of water

I'm going to town today to shop for something to wear for my sons birthday meal out tomorrow night.
After losing a couple or three dress sizes, I am now a comfy size 20. Now I know that this is still big to most people, to me I feel positively tiny! It's such a joy to go out and spoil myself with the prettier styles that I can now fit into.

Last edited:
Back