Cous Cous Cake

Oh scrap the chick pea bit, I just read the SW reply!

Ach well, it's not something I'd make every week anyway, so I'll just have to stick to a small bit every now and again :) I just fancied something sweet and haven't had a chance to go shopping yet this weekend as I've been staying with my parents :) Back to snacking on fruit from tomorrow!

Sian xx

Have you tried the roulade? That's really yummy and sweet and there's nothing in that which could be cheating. I don't think....;)

Have a look in the recipe section, I think it's near the top '1/2 syn roulade'. It uses alot of quark and eggs etc so not sure I'd eat the whole thiing very often but they have been known to disappear in my house....:8855:

Let me know if you can't find it.

The mags are out monthly, you can buy them cheaper at class but supermarkets sell them too. Always some nice ideas in there.

My Mum's C has the same look as me, if you start gaining weight because of X, then stop eating X if you don't carry on. My Mum starting gaining weight after I made a few Cous Cous cakes, probably not so much of the product, just she kept eating the whole thing!!

I read this beginning of this thread thinking wow, I will try that think my mum will like it...went away she loved it so made another one and she was going do you really think it's free?? it is too nice to be free and I was going well I think so you know I wouldn't purposefully tell you it was free if it wasn't! so yesterday she went happily into class and went oh yeah Stacie made this beautiful couscous cake and she tells me it's free! :whistle:

Oh man...here came the kick up the backside from the con... well no actually it's a tweek.. slimming world members trying to make something that is classed as healthy into something that isn't so much as it is not it its prescribed form..it is like eating a meal on a meal. It is syns..so then we got quite defensive, it didn't effect our weightloss..and it is not something you could consume the whole thing, 3 times a day 5 times a week..its just something to solve a sweet tooth... oh well if you think it works for you thats fine but understand it is nothing something Slimming world indorses. *rolleyes* oh man... :sign0007:

So just looked it up anyways to see what couscous is when used as a flour subsitiute and its is 5 syns for 28g - 4oz of it is 113.3g...making it 20syns :eek: for the couscous and 1/2 syn :( for the baking powder. Oh happy days :sigh:

Needless to say I wasn't very impressed at her asking me to make it for taster next week anyways!!! :rant2:

I read someone said that if you are these as a meal they would be ok?

I think if it doesnt effect your losses then carry on but personally i would only have them as part of my meal, ie the muffins for breakfast not as snacks etc. I think its up to you personally what you want to do.

Back