Cous Cous Cake

can you still do this on extra easy?

Just made another one but added an options hot choc sachet (2 syn)
It has inproved the flavour no end!!

Hey everyone.

I'm new to this forum, but not to Slimming World! This is my forth time now, but I am definately on a mission this time and it's going well.

I made this cake tonight and it was brilliant, I have a slightly different recipe though:

4oz cous cous
1 pot muller light (your choice of flavor)
3 tbsp sweetner
2 eggs
2 drops of vanilla essance

Prepare cous cous
mix all other ingredients
bake at 160 for 20-25 mins

Also I want to try help clear up this whole is there syns or not? CousCous is a free food on the Green plan, it becomes syned when it is grinded to a flour like consistency. This is because it looses dexterity and the body doesn't use much energy breaking it down!

Here's a link to a whole bunch of SW recipes (scroll about half way down)

Happy Slimming!!

Natt x

OMG.....just tried the carrot cake version. I used a very finely grated carrot, 1/2 tsp ginger, 1/2 tsp cinnamon and a choc and vanilla muller.....it was lush!!!!!!!

I don't like couscous but at class today one of the girl's was saying she makes a cake using a choc options made up with water and however much more water is needed to make up the couscous. She then leaves it in the fridge overnight and has it with vanilla mullerlite yoghurt. It is 2 syns for the whole cake

Hi Jen,

Is the way you made it totally free?

Gail x

Hi Gail,

I think its someything like 1 syn for the baking powder, but I only count that if I eat the whole cake in one day (has been known!!)

The carrots, spices and choc and vanilla muller are all free.:D

Hey everyone.

I'm new to this forum, but not to Slimming World! This is my forth time now, but I am definately on a mission this time and it's going well.

I made this cake tonight and it was brilliant, I have a slightly different recipe though:

4oz cous cous
1 pot muller light (your choice of flavor)
3 tbsp sweetner
2 eggs
2 drops of vanilla essance

Prepare cous cous
mix all other ingredients
bake at 160 for 20-25 mins

Happy Slimming!!

Natt x

If you need it quicker, microwave for 10 minutes on full power!! :D

Well its only 8.54 am and I have had to try this this morning , im sat here waiting for the microwave to ping as we speak.lol

my favourite is mincemeat (sweet one!) cous cous cake!
It is divine, much nicer than a muller light one...
However it is 2 syns per tbsp i use 3 tbsp have half the cake which makes it 3 syns.
If you leave it to get cold its gorgeous.
Tastes more like a bread pudding!

Well its done and I can honestly say I will not make it again....

until im on another green day , it is lush, i used a asda light fat free cherry yog yummy, it actually looks like a cake.

:eek::eek:Is it bad that ive had half the cake for breakfast:eek::eek:

I like the sound of the lemon curd one! Might have to try it.

My C said it would be syns though as the couscous is being used as a flour substitute. I think it's just to stop you eating too much free food in the form of snacky foods (eg. the homemade twiglets and couscous cake) which might affect weight loss.

Ive just been told that this cake isnt free on green and the cous cous needs to be synd as we are using it as flour even though its not being ground, im confused now??

Ive just been told that this cake isnt free on green and the cous cous needs to be synd as we are using it as flour even though its not being ground, im confused now??

The last time I was on SW there was a big debate if roasted chick pea's should be syn'd. Everyone was told different things by their consultant :mad:.
At the end of the day, its all very very low fat stuff we're using and its better than eatting a Cadburys chocolate cake :p

I lost over 2 stone on SW and I didnt syn the cake, crisps or chick peas. Suppose if it starts effecting your weight lose then you maybe need to cut back on it.
Its better than eattin a birthday cake all on your own lol (oh what a long story of addiction)

:grouphugg:

I made this tonight and it was beautiful :)

I put some mixture in the base (made with strawberry muller), then did a layer of strawberrys - added the rest of the mixture and topped with more strawberrys. I do mine in the oven though so it goes golden brown. Served it warm with vanilla muller on the side and sprinkled it with sweetener.

Can't believe its made from cous cous :eek: Seriously delicious!

Back