Cous cous recipe

Gracienoods

So I made cous cous today! Dunno how much, no weighing scales, but how do you make it really lovely? I've a busy day (nurse) and it seems like something that'll both fill you and can be made in advance :D oh also how many pp in it? I've got the dried stuff so you boil and add tonic.

Thank you very much :D

we use cous cous all the time for pack up lunches, WW says that one portion is 60g for 6 pp, but i find that a bit too much, so i usually use 40g instead.
instead of using just water to cook it, stick a stock cube in maybe a spash of soy or wocester sauce. i usually mix it in with some salad leaves, some tinned tuna or sliced meats. anything really, whatever is in the fridge that needs using!

we use cous cous all the time for pack up lunches, WW says that one portion is 60g for 6 pp, but i find that a bit too much, so i usually use 40g instead.
Is that 60g cooked, or 60g before cooking? Trying to convert an old points recipe I've got over to pro points, but have been unsure what the points on 3oz would be.

But anyway, the recipe I've got asks for 3oz of couscous (uncooked) done with a stock cube of choice. Add to that a choice of veg (I find asparagus and brocolli works well), as well as about an ounce of sultanas and sunflower seeds. It's very tasty hot or cold.

i love cous cous. I made some using a mushroom stock cube! I added finally chopped red onion and raw mushroom into it and poured on the boiling water! then added some fresh chives when water absorbed! lovely :) I have also made it my adding a bit of sesamee oil :) but now got tahini paste (pulped sesamee seeds) just need to figure how to point it :-S

another one I made I added garlic salt, chopped jalapenos (red ones) and fresh corriander and dash of lemon or lime juice .... delish :) you could also then add chopped toms and cucumber if wanted.... its fab stuff. as long as u add flavour x

Back