Cravings at work?! Biggest Loser Advice!

DQ

Queen of the Damned
Controlling Urges: Expert Advice

Cravings at Work? How to Avoid the Temptations

At the Biggest Loser Club, information is strength. You can get valuable experiential advice from other members and professional advice from our team of experts. Here's one example.
A Biggest Loser Club members asks:
Today at work there was candy, and two or three times I actually had to spit candy out of my mouth--it got there before I even knew what I was doing! Work is killing me; I can't resist the candy or sausage bread or ice-cream bars. What can I do?
Greg Hottinger, BLC nutrition expert answers:
Thanks for sharing your struggle. This sounds like an old habit of yours and suddenly you've decided not to partake. There's a good reason that two out of three Westerners are overweight; our culture makes junk food too convenient!
Are you bringing alternative snacks and meals to work? That's a starting point. Next, you'll need to stay away from this food like it's a virus. Can you remove it from your work space or at least stay away from it?
You also will need to change your thinking. You said, "Work is killing me, I can't resist the candy or sausage bread or ice-cream bars." Is this true? What if I paid you $1 million to resist it this week, could you?

"Work is killing me, I can't resist the candy or sausage bread or ice-cream bars." Is this true? What if I paid you $1 million to resist it this week, could you?

That's very true. I use this a lot when kids give me excuses about not doing enough instrument practice. Would you have found time if I offered you a million?.:rolleyes:

Thanks for posting that DQ Never thought to use that analogy with cravings before.:cool:

I'll have to ask my boss for a rise:D Reckon I could resist!

Back