Creamy Curry :) (Super speedy!)

A lady at group mentioned this today and i searched everywhere for the recipe without luck... until now! Thanks so much for sharing x

Ooh this sounds lovely, going to make it tomorrow night, and even hubby has said he'll try *a bit* :D

Wow, this looks great, will be putting this on the menu plan for one night this week
need to get back on the wagon so compiling a sw menu plan :)

Well I cooked this tonight and I've gotta be honest and say its as near as damn it to Chinese shop curry sauce! It's gorgeous and easily my favourite 'fakeaway' of all time. My husband loves it too. Anyone who hasn't tried this recipe please do. You won't be disappointed!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins so please excuse any random typos!

can't wait to make this....bought a big cauliflower last night and have curry powder and stock cubes/oxo so i'm all set...sooo hope it's as good as everyone says it is. will report back when i make mine....prob not for another few days but i'm looking forward to trying it. just made the chickpea dahl loaf and it is yummy. tastes a bit like mild pakora so would be nice with salad me thinks :D x

Could i have the recipe for your chickpea dahl loaf please x

It's a tin of chickpea dhal, 1 packet of Bachelors curry rice, 4 eggs

Cook the rice as directed, mix the chickpeas and eggs in a bowl and add the rice when it's cooked, transfer to a loaf tin (I use 4 tiny tins) and put in the oven 180 for 25 minutes

Could i have the recipe for your chickpea dahl loaf please x

i made mine with beef savoury rice and a tin of asda chickpea dahl. just as said before, make the rice, stir in the dahl and 3 eggs then bake. the recipe i had said for 20 mins but mine took much longer than that. i just left it until it was cooked through then sliced it.
i think you could mould the mixture into balls and bake them to make falafel/pakora type bites?
i really liked it which is just as well cos i just tried the curry sauce and the whole lot got binned :(
dunno if it was the type of curry powder i used but it has really put me right off and i'm trying hard not to feel more sick.
aww just my luck...i was so looking forward to it as well
:sigh:

Thanks xmisskx, will give it a go, ive not tried the curry but no what you mean im always gutted when i try something and dont like it x

Honestly maz, my stomach is like "bleugh" lol
i know everyone's different so it wasnt a guarantee but i had trawled thru the posts loads and drooled over the pics so yeah, slightly disappointed (and currently off the thought of food for now hehe)
i'm going to try the diet cola chicken tomorrow instead of the curry now....hoping that goes down a wee bit better cos that, again, has had great reviews x

Honestly maz, my stomach is like "bleugh" lol
i know everyone's different so it wasnt a guarantee but i had trawled thru the posts loads and drooled over the pics so yeah, slightly disappointed (and currently off the thought of food for now hehe)
i'm going to try the diet cola chicken tomorrow instead of the curry now....hoping that goes down a wee bit better cos that, again, has had great reviews x

The diet coke chicken is delish, haven't made it in a long time, might do it this week!

Was thinking of making diet cola chicken myself like you have heard really good reviews, hope you enjoy hun x

i have a recipe but there are others which seem to add different things...what way do you do it? i'm going to have it for dinner tomorrow cos i'm doing an EE day but not sure what 1/3 superfree to have it with?? x

It's been a long time from I made it, I think this was how I made it.......

Chicken breasts
1 chicken gel pot
2-3 garlic cloves
1 tsp chilli powder
2 tins diet coke
1 tin tomatoes or small carton of passata

Add all the ingredients to a pot and simmer with lid on for 45 minutes

Take lid off and add peppers, mushrooms, onions, babycorn......any veg you want and simmer for 30 mins with lid off until sauce thickens

I think this is how I made it, oh I'm starving now just thinking about it lol

lol..my fault!
its a bit different to the one i have but can only try out different ways and see what i prefer...will report back once i've made it but please let it be better than the curry sauce cos i sooo wanted that to be as yummy for me as other people found it :S x

lol..my fault!
its a bit different to the one i have but can only try out different ways and see what i prefer...will report back once i've made it but please let it be better than the curry sauce cos i sooo wanted that to be as yummy for me as other people found it :S x

You should definitely try the curry sauce again, a few people in my group hated it the first time they made it and loved it the second time! What way did you make it?

I went shopping the yesterday and bought a cauliflower just to make this curry. I'm hoping its a yummy as everyone says. Hate wasting food when I make something that noone likes!

Thanks for the Chickpea dahl recipe I'm going to give them a go.

Back