Credenhill's Diary

Not tried that one yet, will wait for your verdict lol Having the beef meatballs tonight for assured yumminess... feel like scoffing an aero egg shortly though (128cals) not low GI but hm perhaps needs must today, just got caught on the phone by an insurance company not letting me say no so that's something I'll have to cancel once the docs come in lol Bloody pests.

I'm not a fan of the mushroom strog, but it's okay - I add more mushrooms and staturate it with broccoli. Think my favourite is the Mutton Stew.

Sales calls - pain in the backside. Can't you just hang up on them?

NO, you don't really want that egg - you don't, honest hehe :p

Last edited:
Just shows you how tastes go .... I can't stand the mutton stew ......

Re unwanted calls ...... The best thing to say is 'No thank you' ... no seriously .... come up with an excuse and they'll always find a way round it - don't answer any questions such as 'why not?' or whatever ... just keep saying' no thank you' ever so politely and they end up hanging up on you ... try it, it REALLY works.

I usually do just say no thanks but they caught me off guard, will sort it out later this week *sighs*

I did eat the aero egg I'm afraid lol ah well, it's only one day of going slightly over, will spend a good deal of time exercising this evening lol On the healthier side my graze boxes turned up - will post about them on the thread I started.

Lochan - hope today is better for you :D

Had a good day yesterday - back on track with around 1,300 - 1,400 cals.

Only problem now is that I'm turning into a daily scale hopper. Not a big problem for me as I don't take notice of the little humps and bumps in the variation of weight, but it means I don't get a weekly surprise.

Not sure what I'm having today. Had an apple bar with Diet Coke for breakfast, think I'll have the parsnip and honey soup for lunch with another Food Doc pitta and then see what I fancy for dinner. Might be Mutton Stew - will add some chilli flakes as to spice it up a bit.

Yep, today I'm missing my beloved hot curries hehe! But no change of a takeaway - not when I have chilli flakes in abundance in the cupboard :D

I love mushrooms, but would have to say that the mushroom stroganoff is kinda gross. I found it rather rich and sickly, a bit disappointed oh well. Dont like the bars either so usually have more veg or hand full of grapes or something! Luckily I dont have a sweet tooth so not a big deal.

Morning Caroline and all :)

Feeling a little better, was a bit half and half. I think I suffer from anxiety a little, we had an attempted break in about 2 years ago, they didn't even make it into the house but ever since I've always been really jumpy about noises and stuff. Usually okay when my boyfriend stays over but when I'm on my own half the time I end up sleeping on the sofa downstairs which I did last night. Slept from 9.30ish to about 8.30ish this morning but a bit stiff now heh.

Being more careful with snacking today going with the fruit and stuff from my graze boxes to keep the count low, did have a sneaky peek on the scales myself this morning and things are moving down still so should be okay. Just need to plod on to the weekend, I find it so much easier to cope then.

Have you tried the Chicken Curry yet? I've got one but not fancied spicy yet, though I'm guessing it will turn out quite mild? I'm going to look on the avidlite website today as Jan posted about it in the lookwhatwefound thread I did below, get some more options in :)

Supposed to be working now so will catch up properly at lunchtime x

Not tried the DC chicken curry yet - but no doubt I will end up adding chilli flakes hehe! I'm a vindaloo kind of girl when the mood strikes, otherwise madras will do.

Avidlite is a good site - been using it for years. The lady who owns it is called Sarah and she is fantastic and so so helpful.

I'm just trying to sort out my tax at the moment, sigh! I know it has to be done, but there is something psychological about parting with money in such a way and not getting anything "solid" back, if you know what I mean! Not like shopping hehe

Urgh indeed, I'm not self-employed but I have to look at other people's accounts from time to time and work out tax and NI contributions etc (I work for Housing Benefit heh, shhh!). Very very tedious business lol

Had the lamb hotpot for m'lunch to get full up and having a yoghurt with the 'love mix' dried fruits. Bit miffed as got two boxes yesterday with pineapple in and the one due today has it too... I like it but three lots in two days is a bit much lol Rated it to be sent occassionally so hope it doesn't come in fridays box too.

I think I could get easily addicted to the dried strawberries, it was like eating jam but more solid and less calories lol I don't think they do those in H&B in town but I will doublecheck just incase as you'd get more then than the individual portions from graze :)

Haha - dried strawberries are so lush and full of fibre.

I've seen dried raspberries and of course dried strawberries covered in the unhealthy stuff. I'm surprised supermarkets have not expanded a bit more in this area.

*waves at your picture* we all have faces now yay lol

Hmn, I'll look in 8th day too but can't remember if they do that much dried fruit stuff... there must be -somewhere- around here that does it lol

Was it the 'cream desserts' off avidlite that you had in the chocolate flavour? I'm wondering about just trying alpro ones again or looking if they do some lo-carb stuff in the supermarkets? Doubtful in morrisons though (going there this weekend to see if they have any DC main meals in stock), I don't go there too often as they have far too extensive a range of all the naughty stuff sweets, chocs, biccies and crisps lol

Was the Avidlite pudding thinks that you mix with water - tastes okay but the after taste is blah - artificial sweetener in a bad way, but I just drink loads of water *cough* coffee to get rid of it.

Just realised the box things are like a scheme - so have you just signed up and can cancel whenever. How much do you get in a box? Bit confused over it really - is a small box just for one day, i.e. a box a day?

Yeah, I'm getting the energy box atm so it comes with three portions in it. You pick what days you want to receive one so you get one per day rather than bulk buying. The luxury box I got comes with five things inside. Seems easy enough to cancel or you can use the 'push back' option if you want to receive one every other week or something. I'm letting them pick and choose what I get for now but I think you can choose your own stuff with the classic box.

The nutritional info is funny it's got Hello Lorna at the top and it says if each item counts towards your 5-a-day and whatnot.

Obviously it would say Hello Caroline if -you- ordered a box, otherwise that would just be weird :8855:

The things we can achieve in this Modern Age lol ;)

lol

Had a good day so far and not feeling tempted which is amazing.

Been fighting the kitty for the keyboard whilst trying to work - must be several calories burnt in lifting the cat up and down - she's a good weight! And stubborn too!

And of course, now I've finished working for the day, she's just quietly walked over the desk and settled on her cushion to sleep!

Can't believe tomorrow is Friday already! Blimey! So I'm completed my first proper week on DC and have to admit, I'm really proud of myself. Yes I had a kebab which wasn't exactly on the plan :sign0007: Also, had some chocolate but that was within the calories and what I would normally get through in one night lasted me all week :angel09:

Me is happy :D And it wouldn't have been such a good week if not for my minimins buds, and a challenge or two hehe!

THANK YOU :gen126:

Sounds like you've had a really good week Caroline - AND enjoyed it too!!! Well done you and here's to many more!!!!

Yep, had a great week :)

Maybe it's with the start of the New Year and seeing the back of 2008, which was a nightmare year for me, that has changed my attitude so much, but I'm feeling positive for the first time in ages - not just about Diet Chef, but about many things. Last year was a blackhole I don't want to repeat.

Now I just need to figure out a way of keeping the kitty from wanting to sleep on my keyboard where there are nice boxes and cushions everywhere - then my life will be complete hehe!

So so glad it is Friday. Looking forward to a lie-in tomorrow.

Weird random crazy thought!

You know, if I was one of those people who set themselves odd rules and, say, I created one that involved me only having a takeaway when a menu came through my door, well I'd be massive, real massive.

Three menus already and it's only 1.30pm :brainfart:

Back