Cross Trainer!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by LISACDVIRGIN, 13 December 2010 Social URL.

1. LISACDVIRGIN

LISACDVIRGIN Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st6.0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st6.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Right! I know there are many many many views on exercise and stuff but just would like a few wee opinions!
    I have asked my darling boyfriend to buy me a cross trainer for Christmas. Now bearing in mind I have literally never exercised in my life, is this a good idea?? I am desperate to start exercising and thought the cross trainer seemed a pretty good option but really don't want it to have a negative effect on my weight loss!
    Can anyone advise me how often or for how long I should exercise on it?? Any suggestions are most welcome!xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. WelshCake

WelshCake Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    6st7lb(30.74%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I do an hr on the one at the gym on level 4 and I burn just over 700 calories

4. Neonshock

Neonshock Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    17st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    4st3lb(19.6%)
    Diet:
    cal counting
    I dunno, imho I wouldnt buy something I hadnt tried. You might prefer the versitility of a treadmill more for instance? John Lewis has good displays of excersise equiptment, why dont you pop inand have a look?

5. LISACDVIRGIN

Start Weight:
    19st6.0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st6.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Oh no I have tried in....many moons ago I had a short spell of going to the gym and hated the treadmill but really loved the cross trainer....that's why I'm asking for one!x

6. LovelyLauren

LovelyLauren My husband = My hero

Start Weight:
    20st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st7lb(27.5%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet ss
    Iv got one gathering did upstairs - don't bother!

Started with good intentions but it bores
    Me
    Stupid!

Try a Zumba class or an excercise DVD something with music and versatilty!

Your welcome to my cross trainer!! Xx

7. great things

great things Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.27%)
    Diet:
    CD 810
    i would say start at 15 mins a day and build on it. upto 30 mins and then raise the intensity. a cross trainer is good for your upper arms and bra bulge.

8. CatCrazy

CatCrazy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st1lb
    Current Weight:
    13st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st6lb(24.51%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    I'm getting a cross trainer, I know i like the one i'm getting, you may see a dip in weight loss at first as you will be using your muscles which will then hold on to some fluids to repair and act as fuel for the next work out but within a week or so you will be burning more calories so should see a faster weight loss. if you do low resistance (obv not too easy) and do cycles of slower then faster speeds you will be doing cardio vascular work, high resistance any speed is more muscle work.

9. Nally

Nally Full Member

Start Weight:
    31st9lb
    Current Weight:
    22st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7lb
    Lost(%):
    9st5lb(29.57%)
    If you've got an XBox I'd consider getting the new Kinetic sensor, I was playing with one on Sunday and absolutely knackered myself whilst having fun. All sorts of sports and exercise games, as well as more fun ones like dancing and stuff. I'm going to treat myself to one for my own home!

10. LISACDVIRGIN

Start Weight:
    19st6.0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st6.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Thankyou all for suggestions! Lauren I am going to start Zumba in the new year as I have heard it' fab. I am looking to improve my upper arms and legs so I'm gonna get the cross trainer and work on it from a few of your suggestions on here! Thank you again x

11. Setas

Setas Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st9lb
    Current Weight:
    17st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st1lb(10.55%)
    Diet:
    CD
    good luck with it Lisa - we bought a treadmill 2 weeks ago and it has been fantastic - started the couch potato to 5 k programme and loving it.( can't do anything using my arms because my shoulder is knackered and waiting for an operation to fix it next summer). I'd be at the end of week 2 if i hadn't had a bad cold this week. I get such a buzz from it.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.