Cruise: Lausanne is losing it!

lovely purchases - i bought tailored linen trousers last week but they are going back - too big! Gorgeous stuff in Next in lovely autumn colours just cant see myself in a dress as yet. 5'10" find it hard to get stuff long enough unless I want to pay a fortune for an extra 3" of fabric :)

Oo love the dress! Where is it from please? I am definitely a dress and skirt girl - I don't own any trousers, except for jogging bottoms and they don't count!

Morning RH:). I love dresses with a passion:heartpump: I always feel so dressed up and feminine in them. The dress is M&S Per Una and cost £40.'(2nd bestselling everyday dress on the website if you're an online shopper) Thepicture doesn't really do it justice - the combination of colours is very striking. Hope you can find one if you'd like it The shops are chocabloc with great dresses at the minute so I'm a very happy bunny. :)Xx

lovely purchases - i bought tailored linen trousers last week but they are going back - too big! Gorgeous stuff in Next in lovely autumn colours just cant see myself in a dress as yet. 5'10" find it hard to get stuff long enough unless I want to pay a fortune for an extra 3" of fabric :)

My mum is your height and has the same problem. Being 5 ft 4 has it's advantages in the dress department but I always think tailored trousers look amazing on long tall sallies. Yes, there are some beautiful bits in Next especially handbags and they fit no matter where you are on your weightless journey! ;)

Latest weigh ins
  • Wednesday 157
  • Friday 155.2
  • Saturday 156.8
  • Today 155.8
A bit all over the shop but not too bothered by it. I had smoked haddock and the stock cube in the casserole on Friday which may explain the jump upwards on Saturday. With starting back to work I've been a little stressed, not getting as much sleep and I've upped my exercise so all these may be factors too. I'll only start wailing if I haven't lost in a few weeks!:D

The psychological effect of getting into the 10 stones something bracket would be great but it'll happen when it's meant to. I'm getting into clothes that were a no no before starting Dukan so it's all good. I think I will focus more on a fortnightly or maybe even monthly trend and will avoid daily weighing. Although after a happy bathroom visit in the morning it's always tempting to hop on the scales for a look see! :p

PP

Pre-swim: 1 lemon & ginger muffin
B: chicken breast with wholegrain mustard
L: 2 coffee muffins, 180g 0% Greek yogurt with sweetener
D: 400g 3% steak mince topped with soft dry fried egg and 2 scallops

Made a very tough decision today to cut out an extra project I had undertaken at work. All had become too much and majorly stressful but will miss the challenge and people terribly. Feel fairly down about it but badly needed to find and prioritise a healthier work/life balance. :sigh:

You've made the best decision for you, sometimes we have to make very difficult choices but I am sure everyone will understand.
Food looking yummy, coffee muffins sound yum.....what quantities etc do you use for them please
Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Good for you Lausanne. I'm sure everyone will understand and it will be better for you in the long term.

Does this mean you will have more time to minimin? ;) :D

Oh, yes!:D I'll be checking in on you often Wheesht!! I feel like it's the right decision and I know that in time I'll see the benefits. Had a brill swim this morning now that my mind was clear as I've told everyone I need to and they were all so supportive. Feel more content and at ease.

You've made the best decision for you, sometimes we have to make very difficult choices but I am sure everyone will understand.
Food looking yummy, coffee muffins sound yum.....what quantities etc do you use for them please
Xx

Hey, it's great to see you back, hope the hols were great, will pop over to your diary in a min.

Everyone was very supportive and left it open for me to opt back in at a later date which helped.

For the coffee muffins I used Joanne/ Maintainer's recipe that is in the recipe thread and added about 100mls concentrated coffee made from a scoopful of strength 5 coffee for the cafetiere. I added in 2tsp ginger. Very tasty! Just made 'tea brack' ones using 100mls very strong tea and 2 dstsps allspice.

The smell of them was too good and I succumbed and had one, which was one too many today but you could wobble on worse. :)Xx

PV

Pre-swim : 1 lemon & ginger muffin
B: salmon, baby leaf salad and cherry tomatoes
L: Greek yogurt, rhubarb and sf jelly
Pre-gym: 2 coffee muffins
D: tuna, sprouts and asparagus, Greek yogurt, 1 tea brack muffin

:happy036:​

Yaaaaaaaaay! Another 2lbs lost! And I got into a size 10 trouser this morning!

Off for my swim - will have no trouble staying afloat today:p

Have a good one! :)Xx

PP

Pre-swim: 1 tea brack muffin
B: scrambled egg with cod and salmon
L: total yogurt, 1 tea brack muffin
Pre-gym: total yogurt, 1 tea brack muffin
D: chicken drumsticks, 100g mince
S: 100g quark and rhubarb

Hi there - posting here in case it gets lost in the menus.

I love the sound of your tea-brack muffins but notice you'd made butternut squash ones today along with butternut squash chips.
PV

Pre-swim: 1 butternut squash & mixed spice muffin
B: total yog, rhubarb, another muffin
L: mince with plum tomatoes, courgette and mushroom
D: butternut squash chips, sea bass and asparagus
S: quark and rhubarb, last muffin

I've never managed to cook anything edible with squash - please take pity and share your recipes? :)

Hi, don't despair! You will conquer the squash! :D

I cut the long end of the squash in rings, peel and then cut them into even sized chunky chips. I roast them in the oven on a non stick tray at 200 deg for about 40 mins turning them over and the tray round in the oven half way through.

You could use a little spray oil on the tray but if you have a good quality non stick you don't really need it. These are very moreish - taste lovely and sweet.

For the muffins I used the bottom part of the squash, cut into even sized cubes, roasted them the same way except I covered the tray with foil so they would steam bake and stay moist. I then just mash them up, let them cool and add them into Maintainer's recipe that's on the menu thread.

:bunnydance: Thank you!

That's bns instead of the quark, or in addition? I'll be making these on Saturday so :cross:

your really doing well Lausanne - dont think I could get up at 6 for a swim. Thats called 'Dukan Dedication' hope I can get a long walk in over the weekend depending on weather and my energy - lol. Have a good day and a good weekend. x

Butternut squash in muffins yum!!! Your so inventive!!
I made orange and spice using orange sf jelly crystals and mixed spice and they smelt and tastes so good :)
Hope you have a great day xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back