Cruise: Lausanne is losing it!

Oooh exciting! Is that Dido in one of them? That one is my fave but bet they would all look stunning on you. Take some before and after pics ;)

It is indeed, Dido. Sorry not promising any pics till I'm svelte and have a bod to die for - a wee while to go yet! Besides I'm very shy! ;)

Slept really badly last night, at work from 7.45am to 6.30pm today and no dinner till 9o'clock tonight so absolutely floored.:eek: Will pay a flying visit just to nosy in a few diaries, no energy to post and then I will be in bed early to browse through some new books from the library before catching lots of zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's (I hope)

PP

Pre-swim: lemon and fennel muffin
B: 3 egg whites, 200g cod, smoked paprika
L: total yogurt, another muffin
S: Another muffin
D: 3 chicken breasts cooked with skin and on the bone.
S: Homemade strawberry ice-cream, lime sf jelly

Now that is a long day at work!
I've had 2 long days not getting home til 8 as going to visit my sister in hospital each night, I'm hoping she comes home tom so i visit her at home.

Hope you sleep well :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Now that is a long day at work!
I've had 2 long days not getting home til 8 as going to visit my sister in hospital each night, I'm hoping she comes home tom so i visit her at home.

Hope you sleep well :) x

Thanks Claire, didn't sleep the best last night either, dunno what's wrong with me. Usually I'm out like a light till morning. Hope your sister got home.

A good/bad day today. All good on the Dukan front but a difficult day in class, a wee guy isn't adjusting to school routine as well as I'd hoped. :sigh:

Got about three inches lopped off my hair in the end. Looks similar to this but maybe just a fraction shorter

images

Hopefully versatile enough - plenty of choppy layers so can wear it mussed up with a bit of product or sleek and smooth with a run through of the ghds. Tempted to go shorter with the layers on the back and sides next time....will see how I manage to style this in the morning dash first.

Hope you all having a good Dukan day!:)Xx​

Ooh! Like the pic of your new 'do' :)

Am planning to be brave and have a restyle next time I go to the hairdressers.

All the best with the new term 'issues' .. plenty of them at my place too :)

only a few weeks tol half-term though eh!?
:D
xx

Love it!! Great choice :)

Ooh! Like the pic of your new 'do' :)

Am planning to be brave and have a restyle next time I go to the hairdressers.

All the best with the new term 'issues' .. plenty of them at my place too :)

only a few weeks tol half-term though eh!?
:D
xx

Opted for the mussed up version of the hairstyle today and got oodles of compliments. Best of all it took hardly any time to style after my swim this morning. Wayhey! So Chica1977, just go for it! I'm really looking forward to mid term - six weeks to go until I see my hubby!!

Okay, advance warning I made a recipe using somethjing that Dukan has not approved of........stop reading now if you feel the need.......I made Irish soda bread scones using oatbran, bicarb of soda, sweetener, salt and.......buttermilk! I know I know! :eek: Let me explain why.

per 100ml
Fat free milk 41kcal, protein 3.8g, carb 5.7g, fat 0.3g

Buttermilk 33kcal, protein 3.3g, carb 5g, fat 0.1g Ingredients: skimmed milk and lactic cultures

I just cannot see why it would not be allowed on this basis. If I start stalling I'll ditch it but I can't fathom that it would cause a stall if you were sticking well below the 1kg dairy limit. I had a nibble of the bread and it is delish - but you only get a small scone as a daily ration. They didn't rise as well as I'd hoped but I will experiment by increasing the bicarb but not so much as to get a too strong soda taste. Many would no doubt feel the muffins would be more substanial and on a PP day I would probably opt for the muffins. However this will be a nice change on PV days when quantity would not matter so much. So confession over. I may even use the end of the buttermilk to make galettes over the weekend.

PP
Pre-swim: lemon and fennel muffin
Breakfast: 350g mince with tsp mustard
Lunch: total yogurt with sweetener, muffin
Snack: another muffin
Dinner: 5 egg white and one yolk omelette with 100g barbequed salmon
S: homemade strawberry icecream and 100g rhubarb

Last edited:
Love the hairdo - very swish! Feels so good having a new hairstyle.

I actually am really pleased with it - every time I catch my reflection I think - wow, you look good! :D Ha ha!

I also think the weight lost from my face has a bit to do with it......:)Xx

Do you find you are starting to take more care of your appearance now you are feeling better about yourself? Maybe not, I bet you were never as much a slob as I was :D

I've changed though. Pay much more attention to what I look like than I used to. Even paint my nails and toenails these days :eek:

I think that when I was fat and miserable I just used to think 'What's the point of getting dressed up - I'll look hideous anyway!" so I never made much effort :rolleyes:

I know exactly what you meant, Wheesht. I used to be a great one for hiding all in black, wearing layers and scarfs or a piece of jewellry at the neck in a vain attempt to disguise the extra weight.:rolleyes:

Since losing a few pounds I have decided to dress smarter and will actually spend time the night before deciding what to wear and opting for more skirts and dresses. As I've gotten older I've gotten wiser about the kind of clothes that suit my shape - no floaty Earth mother styles for me, I need tailored smart clothes and I now try to look for a quirky design or a luxe fabric to liven it all up.

I hope you have a fun weekend away - am gonna miss you around here. :)Xx

Having a lovely relaxed morning here. Slept from 11pm till 11am. So tired, it was just what I needed. Since returning to work I'm getting up at 5.45am, leaving the house at 6.15 to go for a swim before work at 8. I visit my great-aunt after work so not home to start making dinner till after 8 most days! then by the time I get a few bits done and wind down, it's usually 11.30 or so before I switch out the lights.

Plan to tackle housework in a major way today. Unexciting but totally necessary! :)Xx

PV yesterday

Pre-swim: Dukan soda bread
B: oven baked salmon with asparagus and cherry tomatoes
L: total yogurt with rhubarb, cherry tomatoes, 100g BBQ salmon
D: chicken fillets casseroled in tomato sauce and onion, brussel sprouts and asparagus
S: total yogurt with half tsp cocoa

Hi Lausanne I too love the hairstyle pic its a lovely style - your hubby will be very proud of you. I bought a fennel yesterday but not sure what to do with it - any ideas other than muffins. Your menus are so adventurous. I need to start experimenting then I wont get bored :)

Hi Lausanne I too love the hairstyle pic its a lovely style - your hubby will be very proud of you. I bought a fennel yesterday but not sure what to do with it - any ideas other than muffins. Your menus are so adventurous. I need to start experimenting then I wont get bored :)

Thanks, Chris. Fennel's lovely in a casserole as the long slow cooking time makes it lovely and soft.

Not a great Dukan day- feel very lethargic and not in the zone :sigh: On a positive note have upped water today. Just read on Dukan site a limit of 2l liquid per day or 1.5 if retaining water, don't know what the reasoning behind
that would be. surely would cause serious transit issues and I thought you were meant to drink more when retaining in order to flush out salt.
:confused:

PP

B: up too late
L: fillet steak
S: pavlova topped with total and 1/2 tsp cocoa, sf jelly
D: 3% mince with mustard
S: 3 mixed spice muffins, 400ml natural yog ice-cream

As yet im not bored but when I buy lean mince I always do the same - chilli etc we are having braised steak today with roasted veg so fennel we will try :)

As yet im not bored but when I buy lean mince I always do the same - chilli etc we are having braised steak today with roasted veg so fennel we will try :)

Hope it turns out well - roasting fennel takes a good long while and not sure how it might turn out when not smothered in oil. Will be interested to know how it went for you.

1lb up for me this week which is disappointing

Possible causes
  • Post ovulation spike
  • Not getting enough sleep during the week
  • Not drinking enough water
  • Body reacting to increased exercise/becoming used to current regime
  • Too many tolerateds - have been have a very little amount of cocoa powder and sf jelly at the weekends

So plan of action
  • Aim for 7 hrs sleep per weeknight
  • Drink 3l water per day, limiting coffee to 2 cups per day
  • Eat 200g dairy only per day
  • 1 tolerated only over the whole weekend
  • Go to the gym 2-3 times per week as well as swimming each weekday morning

It could be water retention, sometimes there is no easy answer - im expecting the same result one of these weeks so ........ dont let it put u off your dukan stride if anybody has got it you have - you are one determined young lady :) x

Back