Cruise: Lausanne is losing it!

Lovely dresses, and I too love the red one.

One chicken thigh only for lunch? Gosh! I guess there was nothing else available but...

Hang in there Lausanne - you're doing this diet under very difficult circumstances, and roll on your return to the UK... How is your weight loss?

Upped the lunch yesterday, Joanne. Thanks. Off to Basel today so hopefully will find better lunch options on the run there. :)Xx

This week's Cruise pattern= PP,PP,PP,PP,PV,PV, PV)
Yesterday
B: 1 hard boiled egg and 120g smoked salmon
L: 250g mince spiced with mustard
D: dukan savoury pancakes made with 270g trout (1 egg + 1 white)
S: 125g quark and 90g coffee flav. yogurt

Drinks:
Black Coffee
3L water

Exercise:
60 min walk
Fav. workout tune today: Hot and Cold by Katy Perry

have a lovely time in beautiful Basel. Loads of good places to eat - I spent a week there in June with a friend who lives there :)

have a lovely time in beautiful Basel. Loads of good places to eat - I spent a week there in June with a friend who lives there :)

Thanks Chris, I had a great day - an absolute scorcher at 34 degrees though. Top priority to walk on the shady side of streets as much as possible. :D I spent ages in the Kunstmuseum - a fabulous art collection and an amazing building. As today was a PP day, I ended up just grabbing some packaged roast beef in the supermarket which cost about 15 euro!!:eek:

This week's Cruise pattern= PP, PP, PP,PP,PV,PV, PV)

B: 3 hard boiled eggs (1y + 3w) and 100g smoked salmon
L: 200g roast beef
S:250g quark and 180g vanilla flav. yogurt
D:fishcakes (160g cod, oat bran, egg white, parsley, chives, paprika and black pepper
S: 125g quark and 90g vanilla flav. yogurt

Drinks:
500ml Coke Zero
3L water

Exercise:
2 hours walking around Basel (and a lot of steps!)
Fav. workout tune today: Won't Go Quietly by Example

Last edited:
Sitting in the shade with an americano grande, watching the world go by, catching up on minimins....gotta love hols .......just 6 more days til I'm on the flight home so going to chillax and enjoy! :)Xx

This week's Cruise pattern= PP, PP, PP, PP, PV, PV, PV
Today
= PP
B: 200g rabbit liver with a tsp of mustard ( so delish!)
L: 2 chicken thighs minus the skin
D: 200g oven baked salmon & 4 chopped egg whites
S: Dukan pancakes with cinnamon, vanilla and stevia (egg white only)

Drinks:
Black coffee
3-4L water

Exercise:
30 min walk
Favourite workout tune today: Mambo No.5 by Lou Bega

Last edited:
Lausanne-I read your motivational letter. It's amazing and I'm going to refer to it again and again. Hope you're doing well today! It's sunny in Ireland today so don't fear coming home too much!

Lausanne-I read your motivational letter. It's amazing and I'm going to refer to it again and again. Hope you're doing well today! It's sunny in Ireland today so don't fear coming home too much!

Thanks, chica. Great to hear that the sun is shining at home, my folks have been telling me that the weather has been rubbish this summer. 34 degrees here in Switz. today, after lazying around for coffee this morning I went for a cruise here on the lake in the afternoon. Heavenly! There is a major thunderstorm booming and flashing here at the mo. Love sitting out on the balcony looking out at it! At least it'll cool things down, sound make sleeping a little easier. :) Xx

Good afternoon, amigos! I am feeling super chipper today and with very good reason. I'm probably 4-5 days away from TOTM and ordinarily would be feeling bloated, unattractive and generally ugh! However this morning I put on a size 14 denim skirt and found it too big and I wondered maybe just maybe, so went back to the drawer fished out a size 12 and yippedy doo dah it fit!
:talk017:​

I'm cautiously allowing myself to get a little excited about my weigh in at home. :fingerscrossed:Will wait until TOTM over if I can as it'll be the most accurate. I have noticed my legs getting a bit skinnier but that's probably due to all the walking about and climbing steps I've been doing. If Dr. D could see my dedication to stair climbing he'd be well impressed!:p Not having a car here has shown me that I'm lazy at home and I use the car for far too many short wee trips that I could easily walk.

The sun is shining here but at 29 degrees it actually feels pleasant compared to 34+ that it has been. The majority of the ladies here along the riviera are very slim and dress very glamorously. (a lot seem to smoke though:yuk:) It has heightened to me how much I am overweight, much more than I would notice at home in Ireland. Here the norm seems to be size 8-10 across all age groups whereas at home the norm seems to be 12-14 and creeping upward. I also suspect that some high street shops at home are deliberately adjusting their sizes so that you get the feel good "oh, I fit in a 12!" and you simply have to purchase it.

Hi Lausanne Fab achievement that u have been able to do Dukan whilst on hols. Yep I noticed in Basel not many swiss fatties, they can't afford to eat! My friend has lost a stone whilst she has lived there, she comes home to England to fatten up :)

Yesterday - 25/08
B: 250g mince with tsp mustard and parsley, 2 chicken thigh minus the skin
L: 200g oven baked paprika salmon
D: fishcakes - 200g cod, oatbran, chopped boiled egg whites, chives and an egg white to bind
S: 125g quark mixed with 90g vanilla yog

Drinks:
Black coffee
3L water

Exercise:
30 min walk
Favourite workout tune today: All Right Now by Free

Hi Lausanne Fab achievement that u have been able to do Dukan whilst on hols. Yep I noticed in Basel not many swiss fatties, they can't afford to eat! My friend has lost a stone whilst she has lived there, she comes home to England to fatten up :)

Lol, ChrisR :D. The Swiss Solvency Diet! Think it'll catch on?

Wahey at getting into a size 12!!!! What a great boost that must give you!

Glad you are having a great holiday too :)

I think you are right about the clothes shops adjusting their sizes. I've stopped looking at sizes now as I can wear anything from a 12 to an 18 (well I used to...) by shopping at various shops!! Is ridiculous.

Well, I know I'll be all agog to know what fabulous frock you purchase for the ball you have coming up. If you can post a picture of the dress in your diary, please please do. (coz a. I'm a nosey one and b. I :heartpump: dresses!) :)Xx

Hey all, I have a feeling I may be MIA for a few days - my father in law is coming out and it's not sociable to be sitting surfing whilst we're waiting for trains etc. Will try to post my menus at the very least. Have a lovely weekend. :) Xx

B: 250g quark mixed with 180g vanilla yog and 100g rhubarb
S: small can of tuna in water
L: omelette (2y+3w) with mushroom, tomato and smoked salmon
S: 180g coffee flav. yogurt
D: paprika oven baked salmon with salad (cabbage, lettuce, carrot)
S: Dukan pancake and 125g vanilla quark

Drinks:
250 mls 7Up Light
2.5L water

Exercise:
60 min walk
Favourite workout tune today: Shut Up & Let Me Go by The Ting Tings

Oh you reminded me I must get rhubarb! Your menus always sound good and interesting. I bought the Dukan cook book but am considering taking it back. All the recipes are very french and a lot would be things I wouldn't usually eat.. terrines etc. Maybe I should give it go and I'll report back to you. Don't know how easy rabbit livers are to get in Eire!

Enjoy your last few days in lovely Switzerland Lausanne! Say hi to your visitor for us :giggle:

Well, I know I'll be all agog to know what fabulous frock you purchase for the ball you have coming up. If you can post a picture of the dress in your diary, please please do. (coz a. I'm a nosey one and b. I :heartpump: dresses!) :)Xx

Will do! Actually will get one of my girls to do it as I am rubbish at posting photos and things.

Have a lovely weekend! x

PV Saturday B: omelette with 150g oven baked salmon, mushroom and courgette
S: 180g coffee flav. yog
L: 250g vanilla flavoured quark
S: 180g prune yogurt
D: oven baked 160g cod with ratatouille of tomato, aubergine and courgette
S: 250g quark with 100g rhubarb and oatbran

Drinks:
3L Water
250ml 7Up Light

Exercise: 30 mins walk

PV Yesterday (using up supplies before heading home on tomorrow morning :cry:)

Brunch: omelette with 150g oven baked salmon, mushroom and courgette, 125g vanilla flavoured quark
S: 180g coffee flav. yogurt, 50g smoked salmon
D: oven baked 190g cod with ratatouille of mushroom, aubergine and courgette
S: 250g quark and rhubarb with oatbran

Drinks:
3L Water
Herbal Tea
250ml 7Up Light

Exercise: 2 hour walk but a very slow pace.

Oh you reminded me I must get rhubarb! Your menus always sound good and interesting. I bought the Dukan cook book but am considering taking it back. All the recipes are very french and a lot would be things I wouldn't usually eat.. terrines etc. Maybe I should give it go and I'll report back to you. Don't know how easy rabbit livers are to get in Eire!

Enjoy your last few days in lovely Switzerland Lausanne! Say hi to your visitor for us :giggle:

Thanks, sayyes! Last day in Switzerland :cry: but weather forecast is looking good and we have planned a day of boat trips on the old paddle steamers on Lake Leman heading from Montreux down to Geneva. Am really looking forward to it.

I agree that with Dukan we'll have to be creative in the kitchen. I'm looking forward to adding in frozen yogurt and muffins when I get home. I haven't got the recipe book but I've stumbled across a few Dukan blogs with great recipes. So will be cooking up a storm (and leaving a trail of destruction behind me....I'm not the most tidy of cooks!:p)

Have a great day and hopefully I'll bring the sun back home with me tomorrow! :)Xx

Back