Cruise: Lausanne is losing it!

How are you feeling Lausanne? Did you have a better sleep last night?

You are doing everything right Lausanne. You mentioned you had increased your exercised so it might just be that you have more muscle mass (a very good thing for dieting) which weighs more than fat.

Have you measured? Although you have shown a gain you will probably have actually lose cms.

I know how disappointing it is (I've stayed the same this week again grr) but Chris is right, your determination will see you through this xx

Well, it surely warmed my wee Dukan heart to see your kind words, ladies. I've had a great think this morning when swimming (managed a kilometre this morning for the first time) and realised that it's a plan for life and that I don't want to get caught up in the weekly showdown with the scales. So from now on I'm just going to weigh when I see I'm getting smaller in clothes and get curious. I will be stripping back to basics on PP days especially.

The biggest challenge for me will be cutting back on dairy - had thought of 200g per day but just don't think that's realistic so will aim for 400g to start - that'll be 2 total yogurts and whatever bit of quark is in my daily muffins.

On the water front two very good days - 3L yesterday and currently on 2.5 L and the third cup of herbal tea. Just one coffee so all good there.

PP

Pre-swim: coffee and ginger muffin
B: 250g mince with mustard
L: coffee flavoured total, another muffin
S: another muffin
D: 170g fillet steak, 250g cod and a dry fried egg
S: coffee flavoured total

New Shoes!!

20346631_A_p.jpg

to wear with grey trousers and my
new red jacket.
asos-blazers-asos-linen-workwear-tailored-blazer.jpg

:bliss:Happy days!!:bliss:​

Ooooooooooooooo love the shoes and jacket :) ChrisR

Thanks, hun. Got to attend a board of governors' meeting at school this evening - the first since I got promoted so want to look smart! Hope you had a good day. :) Xx

Yes I had a good day thank you - getting back into the swing of early mornings. My colleague is back so just working my normal hours from this week :) You will look very smart at the Govs meeting :)

Six o'clock and still in school marking creative writing.......but nearly done and the kids have written such funny things!:D

Yay! have booked my flight to Switz. to see my hubby in 36 days time........although seems like ages when you see it written down like that :cry:

PP

Pre-swim: mixed spice muffin
B: 200g mince
L: coffee flavour Total, muffin
S: muffin
D: 2 herring, 150g tuna steak, 150g paprika coated chicken breast strips
S: coffee flavour Total

Crikey, almost forgot! I was wearing this dress yesterday (£8 from Asda) and one of my work colleagues said "You're so skinny!" Lovin' it!

That dress is stunning and I don't doubt you looked amazing in it :)

36 days til you see hubbie, it'll soon fly by and just imagine his surprise when he see the slinkier you ;)

Thanks for posting on my diary.....I'm here but struggling a tad I'm afraid. Letting work stress and problems with my leg ( physio hurt!! ) all get on top of me.

Think its the post holiday blues also .....good news though - we've booked our holiday next year 2/6/12 to Florida in a villa :D
I now need to focus on me and set myself some new goals!!

Hope your well today
x

Yay for holiday, Claire and nice to see you back. You can always pop in here for some non- diet chit chat anytime, always an ear here to listen if u need to off load ;)

At least the physio will help in long term. Maybe set a goal to realise with your Florida holiday as the deadline.

Good day today, but strange food wise i know. Suited a day on the run. I bought a slow cooker today and am now in bed surrounded with casserole cookbooks searching for yummy things to Dukanise. :)Xx

PV

Pre-swim: chicken & veggie casserole
B: more casserole
L: 3 lemon & ginger muffins warmed and smothered in hot rhubarb
S: more casserole
D: shepherd's pie topped with celeriac, and asparagus
S: 450g fro yo with almond flavouring, yum

Off to buy a new swimsuit......

Yesterday PP

Pre-swim: 100g mince
B: 2 lemon & ginger muffins
L: 160g salmon with 4 chopped egg whites and smoked paprika
S: total yog with sweetener and mint
D: 160g fillet steak topped with a fried egg
S: pavolva with 1 choc muffin and total yogurt

Today PV

B: 150g tuna steak, 2 mushrooms, 4 cherry tomatoes cooked with mustard and freshly chopped parsley
L: Kofta with butternut squash dice
S: something with my oatbran - undecided yet
D: fish and celeriac chips with leeks
S: 450g fro yo

your muffins always sound lovely ... ive done the toffe ones which were really nice and tonight ive done them with a vanilla yoghurt & ginger... dont think ive put enough ginger in though LOL

your muffins always sound lovely ... ive done the toffe ones which were really nice and tonight ive done them with a vanilla yoghurt & ginger... dont think ive put enough ginger in though LOL

Thanks Ellie, I enjoy experimenting but it doesn't always work! I tried cocoa and sf lemon & lime - straight in the bin. I made BNS cookies this eve which were a success - a few wee tweaks and they will be making a regular appearance. Will try a carrot combination next weekend perhaps. Hate the washing up though :p

lol thats the worst part of cooking ;) when i made my muffins tonight i got them in the cases bunged them in the oven turned round and seen i hadnt put the yoghurt in LOL had to quickly get them back out the oven... empty the cases back in the mixing bowl add yoghurt re whisk then do them all again

Yummy Dukan food day.
  • Celeriac chips coated with lemon pepper and smoked paprika
  • Kofta skewers
  • Fro yo flavoured with orange blossom water and served with rhubarb
  • Butternut squash and spices cookies

I know Dukan has taken over my life as I now have 26 different herbs and spices in my larder where before stood a lonely bottle of ketchup! :p

I tackled my garden for 2 hours today to get it shipshape for winter and that and the 1km swims the last 5 mornings and boy, can I feel it in my arms today?! Hoping it results in some Jennifer Aniston style definition ;)

Got two speedo endurance swimsuits for £18 each so happy
days! Hope you're all having a great weekend. :)Xx

lol thats the worst part of cooking ;) when i made my muffins tonight i got them in the cases bunged them in the oven turned round and seen i hadnt put the yoghurt in LOL had to quickly get them back out the oven... empty the cases back in the mixing bowl add yoghurt re whisk then do them all again

Oh no! between the two of us Masterchef is not on the cards for a while! :D

:D lol no i dont think so hehe :8855:

Im impressed with your swimming :) when i was younger i used to swim each morning before work and it really refreshed me .... then i had my son and didnt get as regularly. I took up scuba diving last year and was part way through my course when i fractured my skull in an accident with one of my horses so havent been swimming since as the impact burst one of my eardrums. id love to get back swimming

Back