Cruising for Eternity

I was fairly relieved to see a result, but not taking chances just yet!

This is my cruise: two days PP and two days PV, so I will try this out until I can hopefully get back to goal, and then restart conso with a bit more knowledge about how things work for me. Still another 6lbs to go!

Been a while since I updated:

Against my reserve, went out for a meal on Friday - but stuck to Dukan only:

Prawn cocktail starter without sauce - so just prawns and lettuce :D
Chargrilled chicken and vegetable dinner - asked for extra vegetables in place of the rice that the plate was supposed to come with... which is where my only slip up comes in, I was given lots of grilled baby corn. I know that corn is is not allowed on cruise but I didn't think it was the worst slip-up, so I went with it.

The last time I weighed in was Monday, after my two PP days and half a pound heavier! Felt slimmer so I was surprised to see that!

Wondering if it is possible to eat too much on this diet?

Just had my PV days and back to PP today.

Weighed in (against my own rules) midweek, but after a PP day - 1lb heavier! Again, felt (and I think I look) a bit slimmer, so again, confusing.

Can SF jelly cause a stall? Because that's my only other addition at the moment.

Yesterday:

B: Egg-white Galette
L: Grilled Chicken
D: Homemade Turkey burgers - extra lean turkey mince only!
S: Egg-white Galette, meringue and SF jelly.

Exercise: Yoga, walk.

Could it be hormonal (I know its hard to anticipate for you...) water gain?
Muscle gain?

I'm having the same thing, I'm slimmer than a few weeks ago - my clothes are looser, I'm making sure I look at myself properly in the mirror in the gym, and I'm flatter but my weight is only moving upwards. Makes it doubly hard to stay on track.

Has the sf jelly got citric acid in? Are you drinking enough?

Hope it rights itself shortly.

Wow, 5 days without an update!

The SF Jelly has some kind of acid in, but not citric, I forget exactly what. Either way from now on I am cutting out the jelly and the Zero drinks...

I don't know what to think about the stalling at the moment, apart from that I weighed in after 2 PP days and am back to another 8lbs above goal :mad:
Having said that I am at my first TOM for 6 months so I guess hormonally I am totally out of whack right now!

I hope that this is what is throwing me out good and proper that I settle back down. I have been totally dedicated to this restarted Cruise phase, with the exception of additional oatbran, and my exercise has been steady so I can't see a fair reason for stalling. Sticking with it!

Hello there BE... and I'm just checking to see how you're going.

I'm sure your hormonal readjustment is at least partly responsible for your stall. With those 8lbs on, what is your BMI? Can you see the difference (I mean I have that much back on after a bad weekend, and my thighs have widened, and my tum is pure blub!).

Also, as many of us récédivistes (is there a word for that in English? people who regularly come back and do the diet over and again) have found that it never quite works as well as the first or second time.

Are you alternating PPs and PVs?

Don't be a stranger!

At this weight my BMI is 20.39. And yes, I can see the difference! It's all gone straight back around the middle to give me a pot belly again, which I absolutely cannot stand; I feel like a beetle on it's back.

I am currently alternating two days PP/PV which worked well before but isn't doing much this time.
I wonder if I should change the rhythm... before when I did 1 each PP and PV the loss was minimal.

I really want to catch this remaining weight soon, I can't bear the thought of putting more back on and I am only maintaining whilst cruising anyway, imagine if I dared go back onto conso again!

So Jo, if you restarted Cruise more than once... when did you see the loss start again?

Meh, weighed in again today and up another 1lb!

I think I am going to go for broke and try 5days PV/PP as per the book. If something doesn't shift soon, I'll go crazy!

I had to fast last night and this morning for a blood test, but I'm back on PV today.

I regain far more and far quicker than you but tend to find I need three times the length of time on cruise to lose whatever I gained.

5/5 is really tough for the body though and, at your BMI, I can't but stand on the sidelines watching... Are you sure spot exercises don't help at all?

Why don't you try 3/3 or 2/2? A bit less tough on the system. What exercise do you do? Could some core strength exercises deal with the tum? Pilates and gym? Your current BMI is ok and your goal one getting a bit low, I suspect it's partly the speed you've lost at, and that with patient exercise and Conso you will remedy it. I re-read DD's book on the topic of setting unrealistic goals, which he says the body cannot be persuaded to maintain and remain healthy over the long term. I have a sneaky feeling you may be in this group. Do take stock a bit and think carefully about how much more you aim to lose.

Jo - spot exercising???

Decided to wait out before starting 5/5 as I hoped that TOM may have been contributing to my generally awful week, so I am sticking with my regular approach for now to see how things go.

I already do 2/2. My main exercise is walking/running and yoga/pilates. I walk/run every night and try to fit at least 5 sessions of yoga a week.

To be honest, I haven't lost the weight quickly at all, far from it - I started the diet in May LAST year. So I am more than familiar with the basic principles, I have stuck to the diet rigidly, but due to illness and some long stalling (which I realised was due to my dairy intake) I had some setbacks with hitting my target, and stupidly/unfortunately I went on holiday very soon after starting Conso and didn't adhrere to the diet as I should, and didn't switch back properly when I came home.

For me, I know that my goal weight is not an unrealistic goal. It's one I maintained before for a long period, I know for some people they may see my height as above average but I am far from Amazonian, and 9st is a very middling weight for someone of my height and build; if anyone here saw me, nobody would question as to whether my goal weight was 'normal' or acceptable or not.

My aim is to lose another 7lbs or so, and believe me at that weight I still have more to lose, but I am happy with the size that I am. I'm not a number-driven dieter, I chose that weight purely because it relates to a size that I am comfortable with. My heighest weight was not so high that it renders 9st an untenable goal to reach and maintain. My problem was my start into Conso failing miserably, I was very reluctant to start it directly but I went straight into it, much to my detriment and didn't adhere properly when I should have been more careful.

However, at the moment, I am wanting to take this extra 7lbs back off. I do wonder if more core exercises would help, I appreciate that concept and will bear that in mind; it can be difficult to fit in the time to do the exercise that I do manage though!

Anyway, thanks for reading, I appreciate the feedback :)

You are clearly being very sensible. I must say, your comments about being careful on Conso rang a warning bell for me. If all goes to plan I may go onto Conso when life disrupted by travel and being away from home. So I'll need to plan carefully. I think your experience underlines what DD says about everyone being different.

All feedback is really helpful. I just realised that I need to get the book because Ive done attack and cruise as per the internet but without the book i think consolidation... still 7lbs to go to get there... will not be successful for me. So book, here I come! Stick with it.

I was very concerned that Conso would be difficult for me, but I went headfirst into it, but the real problem for me was the holiday and all the excesses that went along with it.

It makes me feel like I didn't give my goal weight or Conso a fair go, because I managed to mess up within the first 6 weeks!

It's worth taking stock I think, of what you feel any difficult areas may be. It's all very well to consider the advice in the book and obviously, take it, because you can't pick and choose what parts to observe and what parts not to - but to some end I know how certain things effect me, as everyone else does them, and this is all part of the grey area that can't be defined in a book to suit everybody!

Weighed in today, first weight post-TOM and after two PP days: 3lbs down, so 5lbs from target.

However I saw my doctor today and have been prescribed progesterone. I asked about the weight gain associated side... I was advised that it can cause weight gan in the form of water retention for a few days every month... aside from that I don't know what it'll throw me into hormonally!

Can't see alot of point in updating anymore but 2 PP days and another 1/2lb down!
Managed a night in London on Saturday on PP and turned down yet another dinner offer yesterday.

Can't see alot of point in updating anymore but 2 PP days and another 1/2lb down!
Managed a night in London on Saturday on PP and turned down yet another dinner offer yesterday.

Please do keep updating, Brownie. I know that you've experienced problems with weight gain at the beginning of Conso, but it's great to read how you've determinedly clawed yourself back on track. I always look forward to finding out how you're getting on.

Well thank you for responding! It's lonely in here!

Getting the brain-cravings down a little bit has helped.

Just had two PV days so I'll weigh in after my PP days are done... since I've started on the Progresterone though I may still not see a loss because it may cause extra water-retention, which just makes things a little bit more difficult to keep track of!

Just had three PP days (had a little switch around to make Sunday a PV day, instead of PP) and had my weigh-in: 1lb down! 4lbs from target. It's slow, but it's creeping.

Not been too much on the exercise this week - lots of long walks but not much else.

Nothing else to say as noone talks to me anymore :wave_cry:

Back