Cupcake recipes needed pretty please?

sunnies

Evening
Got the bug for baking again and the other half loves my cupcakes but they are so high in fat. I was wondering if anyone had a cupcake recipe that was more SW friendly please?

Thanks!

To be honest I think you'll struggle as most of the syns are in the flour and sugar. You can replace sugar with sweetener but can't really get past the syns in the flour.

no sorry, but the apricot brownies from the new slimming world mag, are lovely. the whole family loves them :D xx

Chocolate and Apricot Brownies
Ready in 35 minutes
Makes 24​
Ingredients
110g/4oz low fat spread, suitable for baking (such as Anchor Lighter Spreadable)
8 tbsp drinking chocolate powder
4 tbsp artificial sweetener
60g/2½oz caster sugar
3 eggs
100g/4oz self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
250g/9oz dried apricots, chopped
1 tsp vanilla extract​
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas 4 and line a 30 x 20cm/12 x 8in baking tin with non-stick baking parchment
2. Melt the low fat spread in a saucepan, remove from the heat and stir in the drinking chocolate, sweetener and sugar. Add the eggs and whisk until combined.
3. Sift in the flour and baking powder and stir well. Mix in the apricots and vanilla extract, then pour into the prepared tin and bake for 18-20 minutes, until just set (it will firm as it cools). While still warm, turn out onto a board and cut into 24 portions.

4 syns each hth xx

no sorry, but the apricot brownies from the new slimming world mag, are lovely. the whole family loves them :D xx

Chocolate and Apricot Brownies
Ready in 35 minutes
Makes 24​
Ingredients
110g/4oz low fat spread, suitable for baking (such as Anchor Lighter Spreadable)
8 tbsp drinking chocolate powder
4 tbsp artificial sweetener
60g/2½oz caster sugar
3 eggs
100g/4oz self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
250g/9oz dried apricots, chopped
1 tsp vanilla extract​
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas 4 and line a 30 x 20cm/12 x 8in baking tin with non-stick baking parchment
2. Melt the low fat spread in a saucepan, remove from the heat and stir in the drinking chocolate, sweetener and sugar. Add the eggs and whisk until combined.
3. Sift in the flour and baking powder and stir well. Mix in the apricots and vanilla extract, then pour into the prepared tin and bake for 18-20 minutes, until just set (it will firm as it cools). While still warm, turn out onto a board and cut into 24 portions.

4 syns each hth xx
These sound lovely,, know what Ill be making this weekend!

I have a recipe that I use - 7 syns (IIRC) for a *big* size chocolate with chocolate chips cupcake. Proper size, proper food, proper taste, no sweeteners. I also have another vanilla cupcake recipe, but can't remember syns for that - it will be similar.

Let me know if interested (would have to post later when at home), the recipe sounds a bit odd, but they work very well :D.

Strawberry cupcakes
party-cupcakes.jpg
Makes: 16
Syns per cupcake: 2
3 eggs
57g low-fat spread
6-8 tbsp artificial sweetener
113g self-raising flour
2-3 drops vanilla essence
½ tsp strawberry flavouring
To decorate:
A couple of drops of red food colouring
8 level tsp icing sugar plus extra for dusting

1. 1Preheat the oven to 180ºC/Gas 4. Put paper cases in a mini muffin tin. Whisk together the eggs, low-fat spread and sweetener. Sieve the flour. Using a large metal spoon, fold in the flour with the vanilla essence and the strawberry flavouring.
  2. 2Spoon into the paper cases and bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove and allow to cool on a wire rack.
  3. 3Mix a few drops of water and food colouring with the icing sugar. Spoon on the cakes. Garnish with halved strawberries and dust with icing sugar.

I know - look good dont they... dont think i would stop at 1 if i made em tho...

Back