Curry fest!

Bunnylush

Gold Member
Photo in next post.

Beef madras slimming world curry book

Onion bhargi Binty's blog http://omnom365.com/category/recipes/slimmingworld/

I did make mine in kenwood food processor and bakes 180 for 45 mins till brown

Boiled rice. Boiled basmati rice

Veg pakoras slimming world online recipe.

Beef madras ( I did mine in crockpot for 6 hours on low) I also substitute fresh chilli ginger garlic for frozen chopped versions.

Frylite
1 onion chopped
2 carrots chopped small

4 cloves 2 cardamon ( says 6 in book)
2 tbsp frozen red chilli, ginger, garlic you add for how hot you like.
1 tbsp med or hot curry powder
900g casserole beef ( I used 500g Sainsburys )
2 tsp ground coriander
2 tsp ground cumin
250 ml beef stock cube ( I used 200 in SC)
Salt
Coriander to garnish ( I stirred frozen in at end)

Fry onion cloves cardamon pods in frylite till soft 5 min
Add chilli ginger 2 min
Add curry powder beef chunks 8 mins
Add carrots ( I added carrots to make more third super free as wasn't serving with salad. )
Add ground coriander cumin stock bring boil , reduce heat cook gently 1 .5 hours.
I put mine in slowcooker after the 8 mins above and cooked low 6 hours.
Stir frozen coriander at end.

Syns free EE
Green syn meat or reduced meat to HEXB portion and add more veg
Red ( too many carbs synful)

Veg pakoras from slimming world online recipe

I did make mine in kenwood food processor and bakes 180 for 45 mins till brown

"These spicy vegetable pakoras are great for lunchboxes" says Katie Cockburn from Northamptonshire. "They also make a great side dish for any Indian-style menu served with fat-free yogurt, mint raita and a crisp salad."

information
Serves: 4
Prep time:
Cook time:
Syns per serving:
FREEFREE

ingredients
2 large white potatoes, cooked and mashed to a firm consistency with no butter or milk
1 red onion, diced
½ large bag of frozen chopped vegetable mix (sweetcorn, broccoli, carrot, cauliflower)
2 tbsp curry powder (use mild, medium or hot to suit your own taste)
3-4 tbsp fat free yogurt
1 egg, beaten
Fry Light
method
1. Pre heat the oven to 200°C/Gas 6. Place the mashed potato, diced onion and defrosted vegetables into a bowl and combine thoroughly.
2. Stir the curry powder into the yogurt and add this to the vegetable mix and stir thoroughly.

3. Beat the egg and add it to the mixture, stirring constantly. The mix should still be quite firm, but if its too runny add more vegetables.

4. Line a baking tray/wire rack with baking paper to prevent to pakoras from sticking, and spoon the mixture onto the tray in tablespoon sized 'dollops'.

5. Spray with Fry Light and bake for approximately 30-40 minutes - or until firm on the outside and golden brown. 7. Allow to cool slightly so that the pakoras firm up.

Tip: Tip: I prefer to eat these once they have cooled, with a raita made from fat free yogurt, mint sauce and chopped coriander. They make a great Friday-night TV treat and are packed with Superfree foods!

Add chunks of pre-cooked chicken tikka and make them a delicious Syn free meal on Extra Easy.

Yogurt dip

My creation!

Home made natural fat free yogurt ( or syn free yog shop)
5 inches cucumber
2 tsp mint sauce or garden mint
2 tbsp frozen coriander leaves or fresh

Whizzed together in kenwood food processor.

I made sugar free lime jelly for dessert!

Enjoy Xxx pics in next post xxx

Last edited:
Curry fest!

Attachments

• image-1072483163.jpg
    image-1072483163.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 338
Sineadsss said:
thanks for that looks lovely! how do i get to see peoples replies on this or send them a message? anyone

I'm fairly new here too, is it something to do with you have to make so many post replies until you can see pics or some forums? Someone more knowledgable will know! But just keep posting today see how many you get x

Last edited:
Easy and cheap! And can be eaten cold. I've frozen the rest of mine for taster day Wednesday. I'll pop them in the oven before I go to freshen them up. I hope they'll be ok, I'm never good at freezing home cooked food. X

looks fab, will try to attempt it....just a quick question - does the casserole beef need to be lean?

looks fab, will try to attempt it....just a quick question - does the casserole beef need to be lean?

To count as free it does!
You could make the recipe with any meat but you'd have to syn it if its not lean.

I defrosted pakoras and bhargi and made cucumber cups for taster day today

Went down really well x

Attachments

• image-1820057286.jpg
    image-1820057286.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 112
I have no clue what the yogurt does? But you can't taste it,you can only try,I'm sure the egg binds x
Hi guy's, the yoghurt is a 'souring' agent which adds another taste to the recipie.it is also adds a slight creamy flavour and balances the spices:D
sounds great and will definately give it a try!

Back