Curv-a-licious Countdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do EE and green days make you put weight on?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Missjlouise said:

Hi,

I personally don't seem to have good losses on those days. I don't think my body likes to many carbs.

There are plenty of people that do loose weight on them though. Xx

bb65 22lbs (5.5lbs lost - 16.5lbs to go)
Broadsbean 27lb (0lbs lost - 27lbs to go)
Bron 22lbs (3lbs lost ~ 19lbs to go)
carriebrad 22lbs (3.5lbs lost ~ 18.5lbs to go)
Eyden Hainsworth 22lbs (0lbs lost - 22lbs to go)
fat&40 28lbs (0lbs lost ~ 28lbs to go)
JackieN 14lbs (1lb lost ~ 13lbs to go)
Jo-85 26lbs (1lb lost - 25lbs to go)
JustJudith 28lbs (0lbs lost - 28lbs to go)
Lilaloves 22lbs (0lbs lost - 22lbs to go)
Lily42uk 22lbs (1.5lbs lost - 20.5lbs to go)
Little Bubblez 22lbs (1.5lbs lost - 20.5lbs to go)
LoChan1984 28lbs (3.5lbs lost - 24.5lbs to go)
Lollypop1985 14lbs (0lbs lost - 14lbs to go)
LSF666 18lbs (0lbs lost - 18lbs to go)
missjlouise 22lbs (-7lbs lost - 29lbs to go)
Sugarplum 22lbs (3lbs lost - 19lbs to go)
Welshtigger 22lbs (2lbs lost - 20lbs to go)

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

Last edited:
I am so on the verge of trying a red week before I try a fish week but as I have never even done a red day before I am kind of nervous.
Im worried I wont ever feel full on it, and its gonna be expensive im sure...But it would be worth it too.

Hmmm. Decisions decisions.

Oof, I suppose a members cap for the challenge is a good idea - didn't get chance to catch up with the thread yesterday and it's exploded somewhat with new posts! :eek:

Congrats on your losses everyone and hope you have a stellar loss next week missjlouise to get away from the gain :)

And a wave and hello to the new folk on the challenge :D

The next challenge names sound fun, don't really do valentines day but around then should be going to London to see POTO (idea inspired by/stolen from Sugar lol) so it's still a date to work towards :) Easter I usually go to my nan and grandad's caravan in Wales, see if I can get slimmed down enough to not have to go through caravan doorways sideways :eek::p

The water thing regarding water retention is a bit hmmny depending on the type of water rention I guess. I drink loads a day, at the very least 3ltrs either as plain, with sf squash or as herbal tea, and I'm getting swollen ankles all the time - water retention tablets help a little bit now and again but seems like it's something I have to put up with for now :sigh:

Mnph don't like doing a general post like this but there is just too many to reply to individually, making me dizzy lol Sorry x

LoChan1984 said:
Oof, I suppose a members cap for the challenge is a good idea - didn't get chance to catch up with the thread yesterday and it's exploded somewhat with new posts! :eek:

Congrats on your losses everyone and hope you have a stellar loss next week missjlouise to get away from the gain :)

And a wave and hello to the new folk on the challenge :D

The next challenge names sound fun, don't really do valentines day but around then should be going to London to see POTO (idea inspired by/stolen from Sugar lol) so it's still a date to work towards :) Easter I usually go to my nan and grandad's caravan in Wales, see if I can get slimmed down enough to not have to go through caravan doorways sideways :eek::p

x

Where abouts in Wales is the caravan? xx

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

That's definitely a person-by-person thing. Everybody's different and there are fans of each plan. Only way to work out what's best for you is to experiment really.

I've done a week on each and my losses were all pretty consistent so my body isn't fussed apparently, or isn't paying attention to me :8855:

I am so on the verge of trying a red week before I try a fish week but as I have never even done a red day before I am kind of nervous.
Im worried I wont ever feel full on it, and its gonna be expensive im sure...But it would be worth it too.

I'd say give it a go hun! If you try out things like red day stews and soups you can make a bulk lot of meals so it's a bit cheaper plus these kinds of meals will fill you up.

You don't need to be hungry if you're clever about your veggies - fill up the portion of the plate you'd normally have your greenday carbs with alternatives - I like doing a mix of roasted batons/chips with carrot, swede and celeriac. Butternut squash is good too - you can make some nice mash with a combination of these and have a big mound of it. You also get your two hexas and hexbs on red days so you can use a hexb of bread with a meal to help bulk it up.

Have a browse on the recipe thread and people's diaries for ideas. Slimming eats is a great website also with recipe ideas for all the plans and there's pics too :)

Slimming Eats - Slimming World Recipes

LoChan1984 said:
On Anglesea near Rhosneigr :)

Been going since I was a baby, never get sick of it lol Well except for the terrible teen years 13-18 when I was having withdrawrals from friends and the internet, I was a right madam then :8855:

Cool, that's not far from me! If you do come over let me know, we could maybe do coffee if you wanted-I love meeting new people! Met Tanya(Lil bubblez)yesterday and she was ace! So inspirational-and made me a lovely tea before I went home :) x

Thanks Lochan.
I think I may spend some of my day in work today planning a week of red days and see if it seems appealing.
Your ideas are really good though & I love that site too.

Ohh. Exciting, something new to try! =)

Cool, that's not far from me! If you do come over let me know, we could maybe do coffee if you wanted-I love meeting new people! Met Tanya(Lil bubblez)yesterday and she was ace! So inspirational-and made me a lovely tea before I went home :) x

That would be cool - I've been holidaying in North Wales for 27 years and I still don't know anybody there lol

Thanks Lochan.
I think I may spend some of my day in work today planning a week of red days and see if it seems appealing.

Looking forward to hear how you get on - be happy to give whatever other advice I can if you get stuck :) And of course, Sugar is a big fan of red days so she has some nice meals on her diary... there's a lot of mackeral on toast though :(:8855:

Hi,

I personally don't seem to have good losses on those days. I don't think my body likes to many carbs.

There are plenty of people that do loose weight on them though. Xx

I'm gonna try a week of each ... let me know when you do your red week and ill so the same week

Thankyou .... it's Saturday because I've changed my WI, plus I've just discovered its star week :jelous: but I'm very very proud of my attitude this week. Been 100% so far! I'm out for lunch today so may need to use my syns I've cut them short to 50 as its a 5 day week and I'm prepared to cap it at that until WI on Sat

*runs around in circles*

I'm still buzzing after yesterday :D

Jo- seriously- come visit anytime- you can keep me motivated, it seems :8855:

little_bubblez said:
*runs around in circles*

I'm still buzzing after yesterday :D

Jo- seriously- come visit anytime- you can keep me motivated, it seems :8855:

It was fun-except for the half hour i spent driving round in circles! To then find the slip road to the motorway was closed and no diversion signs to be found :( eventually got back at 9.35, after leaving at 7.50, for what should have been a 50 min journey!! Stupid sat nav x

lilaloves said:
Thanks Lochan.

Hi Lila loves,

I am planning a full Red Week next week, I am planning my meals tomorrow night. My week runs Sat to Sat! :)

I am also trying to try all new meals, so I will be happy to let you k ow what I am trying.

Like LoChan said, I do tend to eat alot of Makeral!! :) lol it's just easy for lunches whilst I am at work xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back