Curves CD Journey

Hey Curvy,

Its good to see you've stayed the same and back on the wagon. You don't have to start from scratch again just continue going.

I went to Primark in Croydon on Saturday and my hips actually fit into a size 18 Primark trousers. That gave me a boost seeing that I'm losing slowest on my hips. I'll be popping in periodically if there is one in Oxford Street since I work on Victoria Street.

Its good to see you back in the swing of things. If you need a buddy I'm here.

Davica

Hey Curvy,

Its good to see you've stayed the same and back on the wagon. You don't have to start from scratch again just continue going.

I went to Primark in Croydon on Saturday and my hips actually fit into a size 18 Primark trousers. That gave me a boost seeing that I'm losing slowest on my hips. I'll be popping in periodically if there is one in Oxford Street since I work on Victoria Street.

Davica Quote]

Hi congrats, size 18 Primark, wow, im going to go there to stock up but doubt ill be able to fit into an 18 yet so i'll just hang them up until they can fit . My friend says there's one on Oxford street that means there'll be 2 close by as i know for sure they are opening one in Marble Arch.
But you had me laughing when i read this post cos i work close to victoria street, i used to work there but moved to another building, you don't work for the DCA do you? ;)

Summer dresses from Primark?! Methinks a shopping trip is due!! ;)

It sure is due, im so excited can't wait until Monday will fill you guys in.

Hey Curvy,

Davica Quote]

Hi congrats, size 18 Primark, wow, im going to go there to stock up but doubt ill be able to fit into an 18 yet so i'll just hang them up until they can fit . My friend says there's one on Oxford street that means there'll be 2 close by as i know for sure they are opening one in Marble Arch.
But you had me laughing when i read this post cos i work close to victoria street, i used to work there but moved to another building, you don't work for the DCA do you? ;)

:)
That made me chuckle as well. Funnily enough I work in DEFRA which is just a hop and skip from DCA. A Marble Arch Primark will break my bank as its that close. Gosh, Ill definitely be stocking up on summer stuff.

Davica

:)
That made me chuckle as well. Funnily enough I work in DEFRA which is just a hop and skip from DCA. A Marble Arch Primark will break my bank as its that close. Gosh, Ill definitely be stocking up on summer stuff.

Davica

LOL small world, i used to be based at Southside a few buildings down from yours. Believe me i'm sure i'll be spending loads there too but the good thing with Primark is that their things are quite inexpensive so not too bad.

Have a nice weekend. I'm still 100% ssing by the a few lbs away from 16.7 stones , when i get there i'm going to be soooo happy.

Reflecting on the past and how far i've come

In 2000 i slimmed down from 17.2 stones to 16.7 stones with Slimming World went on holiday came back 7lbs lighter and hit my 16 stones target from there things went downhill i lost the motivation as i wanted to slim for the holiday in the first instance.
Since then my weight has just gone up up up up i rejoined SW several times but wasn't able to stick to it.

I remember reading about LL in , i think Woman's Own and i thought "that's crazy i could never do that" but in November 2006 i was just so unhappy and fed up of people older than me calling me auntie or mum that I just had to do something. I bought a LL mag and there was a woman on the back and she had a wicked figure, suddenly i thought i could do this crazy diet so i logged onto the net and researched LL, i read success stories and independent opinions on it. Then i realised it was £66 and thought this is really expensive but because i had hit rock bottom i was prepared to pay even £100 a week. As i researched i came accross CD and the thing is I had heard about CD but didn't know exactly what it entailed, I realised it was cheaper and there were more flavours etc and decided to go with it.

I called my then CDC and booked an appointment for 2 days after... the rest is history. I have been reflecting on how far i've come, i have surprised myself because when i first collected the packs and looked at them at home i started to wonder if i'd be able to do it, the packs looked so small and i'm a carb addict but it's amazing cos once you get into it your body just adjusts.
Today i'm happy I found CD and Minimins and D&H because without these 2 forums i would never have come this far, there's a few ppl i'd love to meet too as they've been so supportive that i feel like i actually know them already.

I can now walk up an escalator
I can now run up stairs on the underground and at work (i used to get the lift for just 2 floors:( )
I feel more confident
I can see my curvy shape reappearing more and more
I'm generally happier
There's this friend of mine i don't see often and i've really missed her but keep forcing myself not to arrange to meet her because i would like to be about 14 stones when i next see her that's about 2.8 stones away, i've promised myself to do it.

Oh i've even decided to go for my Masters programme and also learn how to drive.

Thanks CD and thanks guys for all the support and love i've received, you'll never really know how much it means to me.

Hi Curvy, Ive just sat and read all your diary thread, well done on your journey, yours is very similar to mine as on restart im having a bit of a bumpy ride at times but also manage some really good weeks as well. Good luck with your goals and with stripping out Primark!!!!!! Sarahxx.

Thanks guys,

I went to Primark in Hackney on Saturday and bought a top (£8) and trousers (£6) in size 18 got home tried them home and the top fits perfectly i was so surprised the trousers are snug but comfortable so im wearing them to meet my friends today:) at £6 i'll get another pair today because all my trousers are falling off me literally.
I also bought a size 16 dress from another shop in Finsbury Park on Saturday for £7 hopefully i'll be able to wear it in May as i have a party to go to.

I'll let you know how today goes, the weather looks terrible though :-(

Hey Curvy,

I just read your 2 posts. I must say, you have certainly come a very long way and you're doing brilliantly well so keep going.

How do you cope with the weekends? I don't seem to be doing very well with them so I need some motivation to get through the weekend.

Davica

Hey Curvy,

I just read your 2 posts. I must say, you have certainly come a very long way and you're doing brilliantly well so keep going.

How do you cope with the weekends? I don't seem to be doing very well with them so I need some motivation to get through the weekend.

Davica

I just watch movies and read, i love books by Eric Jerome Dickey (I have a feeling you will too) I 've got quite a few could post to you if you like. When the weather's better perhaps we could hook up and go shopping since we're both in London.

Whooo hoo on your shopping trip - WTG Curvey!!!! :bliss:

:) I can tell i'm going to start loving shopping.

What I really need now is a jacket or coat as mine are all wayyy too big for me now and are therefore not flattering in anyway. I'll check out Primark in Marble Arch next Thursday when they open to see if I can get a nice cheaap one as there's no need spending too much as i'll need a smaller one soon :D

Oh don't!!!! My favourite pink suede 'jacket' is now a pink suede coat, and I can't bring myself to replace it cos I love it so darn much!! :p

I just watch movies and read, i love books by Eric Jerome Dickey (I have a feeling you will too) I 've got quite a few could post to you if you like. When the weather's better perhaps we could hook up and go shopping since we're both in London.

Hey Curvy,

I absolutely love Eric Jerome Dickey. In the space of 6 months I think I read quite a few of his books. I just couldn't put it down. We'll definitely have to compare titles so I can borrow a few. I will definitely take you up on that offer :D

As for shopping, I'll definitely give you a shout when I feel confident in buying some new clothes. I too need a new jacket I basically need a whole winter wardrobe and a new summer/spring wardrobe. I'll hang on to what I have at the moment especially as I seem to be losing slowest around my hips :cry:

D_Q, I know what you mean about replacing your favourite stuff. I can't bring myself to give up mine favourite brown and red jackets but I'll have to as I look oversized in them at the moment.

Davica

How the heck did I miss mention of Eric Jerome Dickey?!! I LOVE reading his books!!! :D

Davica, that is a beautiful name ;)

Oh don't!!!! My favourite pink suede 'jacket' is now a pink suede coat, and I can't bring myself to replace it cos I love it so darn much!! :p

I know exactly what u mean, there's no pleasing us is there:)

Ladies i have most of his books let me know which one you'd like to read if I have it i'll post it to ya.

Back