Curvy getting back to feeling good

Day 31 - nothing really to report ... Struggling a bot though ...

Day 30 - So hit the 30 day mark. really pleased with my self. A question that i have asked my LLC is do I need to move up the plan as my BMI is now less than 28? does anyone know? I dont want to lose any muscle??

When I started LLL my BMI was 29.9! So I asked if it had been 30+ would I have had to do Total for a week until it was down to under 30? My LLC said that if you start on Total you can stay on it until goal as it has to do more with your relationship with food rather than your BMI so don't worry about losing muscle.

I now wish my BMI had been higher as I feel my weight loss would be quicker

Thanks Suziesue .. I am sticking with total for now xx

Day 34

So in to another week - my weekend was pretty good, not too much to report. I met with my LLC and she has givenme the book on Lite to start to think about moving up. I have committed to stick eith Total until the 15th which takes me to 45 days and I will revisit what to do then. Weight loss seems to have slowed downa abit but as it is TOTM I am not too worried. I am going to ventue to the gym tonight and do some low impact stuff and weights. i want to get back to the routine of exercising - but I will take it easy. Hopefully start my kettleworx dvd programme again as well.

I tried on an outfir that i could not zip up a month ago ... and to my surprise I can zip it up now - it is still far too tight to wear - but it zips up ... it was a great feeling... still really motivated to keep going!

I want to make a commitment to TRY and stop weighing everyday.... as the scales are not moving quickly anymore it does impact me ...

So going to try and stay off the scales until FRI a whole 4 days!! (lets see how long I last) I am going to ask my husband to hide the scales :) Anyways hope all of you are doing well!!
it is very quiet on the LL boards lately....

Went to the gym and did 30 mins on the cross trainer - makin sure I kept my heart rate to fat burning only ( about 145-150 bpm) I burnt about 240 calls which is about 1/2 my daily intake ... Get home and had my last shake - feeling racked but Good !!!

Curvy your doing really well x
i have started back on lighter life :)
got my packs tonight so tomorrow is the big restart
i have been puttin off for weeks x
hope you don't mind if I pop in and follow your journey
and add mine too ?
Onwards and downwards everyone x

Hey lovely ladies ! Thank you - LL jas become a habit and a way of life now - I not obsessing with food and I have got in to a routine ... I think my next challenge will come when I move to lite and get my taste buds back... My big issue is portion control and eating for the sake of eating .... So a tough journey ahead but enjoying not having to worry about it at the moment ... Hope
You have a fantastic day x

Did you hide those scales curvy??!! I'm like you and jump on every morning! I'm going to get my daughter to hide them today!

Hey - I resisted the scales this morning ... It was tough

Day 36 - Feeling a bit weak... and I have a horrid headache... last night was quite difficult- I had a stressful evening - just stuff going on with my daughter and school and the guilt of the working mum crept in... I got a bit upset and started to feel that I was not doing my job as Mum good enough.... I did not sleep much last night as the events kept going around in my head....

Woke up this morning and headed in to schoool with husband to meet with her teacher before school. My daughter is a high performing student and she has been paired with a low achieveing student to help each other and encourage them to work with different people. Lets just say the relationship is not going well and the girls constantly argue and fall out. But as I dont see the teacher before or after school ( she goes to morning and after school clubs) she seems to be getting targeted and blamed as it is an easy option.

Cut a long story short I went in to schoool and said I should have been informed if things were going wrong - by letter, phone email! My poor daughter has felt vunerable and blamed for things she did not do. lets just say that her teacher knows me very well know and very aware of me... I have been a school governor for 4 years as well so really miffed at why I was not contacted. ultimatley my only concern is for my child and her performance I could not care less about the other child and it is not my childs job to improve the other girls performance. it is for the teachers to do. it might seem harsh but thats the way I feel.

We have sorted it and her teacher will meet with me weekly to discuss any issues.

Either way the guilt of me being a working mum has crept in and i am feeling low - none of my children should feel that anything is more important to me then them

So - i did want to turn to food last night but i resisted - i told myself the answer is not in the fridge.... just deal with it....

So lack of sleep, emotional stuff, headache, mad stessful time at work ( I am having to make 1 person redundant and start a performance management process with another member) I am a bit of a wreck.

So I have to admit - I did have a salad at lunchtime - just a boiled egg, some tuna, lettuce and cucumber. Nothing major and probably still less than a light meal. But I did feel like I was hungry and i thought it was ok to eat the salad if it deters me from going off plan..... confession over :-(

I did jump on the scales this morning - I know I know I said i wouldn't .... it was good news as I have moved down1.5lbs from a few days ago... so some good news...

phew ! have a good day

Curvy your doing really well x
i have started back on lighter life :)
got my packs tonight so tomorrow is the big restart
i have been puttin off for weeks x
hope you don't mind if I pop in and follow your journey
and add mine too ?
Onwards and downwards everyone x

Hi Janice - how did your first day go....

Hi :)

first day went really well , yesterday was a disaster :-( I had the start of a really bad cold and had a lemsip , all day was a struggle to keep to packs , Thinking , well I've had a lemsip blown the diet just eat food !
Gave in too easy to my wicked inner self but this mornin I have woken up back on plan
i can't believe how easy I let myself eat yesterday but will not let this ruin the chances of going back to 'being me' again

hope you have a great day and thanks for asking about my first day , every bit of support much appreciated x

Hi Curvy - I think you're a wonderful mother, from what I see, you try to protect them and you do so very well. English school system can be flawed, I find establishments in this country want to shift blame away from themselves a lot of the time. Well done for fighting for your daughter, she shouldn't have to drag failing students up (who doesn't even want to be helped from the sounds of it). A little help is fine (they're all children after all), but the burden REALLY shouldn't fall on your little one. That's just adding unnecessary stress to her and to the family. You are doing what you can and seems like you're doing more than most! There's no need to feel bad about it.

I suppose it is part of your job to have to let people go and review others... I can imagine it's the 'crappy' bit of your work which you do not like, but that is because you're a nice person. I expect someone higher up told you to cut members of staff, you just did the hard dirty work. It's stressful, but it's not your fault. You are only doing your job and by the sounds of it, you're doing it very well.

Maybe take an hour or so out of the day, MAKE time for yourself, pour a really hot relaxing bath and relax. Just let your brain 'get away' for a little bit, hopefully it'll make facing these challenges a little bit easier again. Food isn't the answer, but well done for sticking to healthy things. You are doing very well. :)

Hi - Aww thank you for your lovely message. It is so difficult as I know that I am my own worst enemy I am so hard on myself.

My lovely daughter was a lot happier when she came home yesterday and she spent the evening with me huddled on my bed watching tv, she kept asking me if I was Ok, bless her. i told her that nothing is more important to me and my husband then our kids. I told her that there is not a problem in the world that she had that we could not sort... she must speak up and ask for help when needed. We are in a better place now..

I am an Accountant by profession but I run a large team of finance analysts for a very large corporation. so it is a very competitve environment and if you do not perform we offer a lot of support but eventually if improvement is not good enough we start to perfomance mangage. it is a very time consuming and stressful time ... but you are right it is a small part of my job. ... Numbers I can do, people are always more harder to mangage.

I do enjoy my job and I must admit I am paid very well but it is tough sometimes.

I plan to get to the gym tonight and then have a long soak with some bubbles. I am in a better place and just counting the days till I will move on to lite ( which will come with a whole new set of challenges)

Your daughter sounds like a charming young lady and knows how much you do. If a child can see it (a mother's work is almost always overlooked) that means you go above and beyond average expectations. I'm glad she's feeling a lot happier and more confident and same with you!

My stepmum is an accountant, but she moved away from the office environment a long time ago as she didn't enjoy it, but I suppose I do understand that it can be an extremely stressful profession. The fact that you enjoy it, does help, but the human element and performance management can be daunting. Was it something you expected to do when you started? Is it part of your contractual obligation? It seems a little bit more of a Human Resources task? :confused:

As for moving to Lite - when you get there, I can help. :) Let me know of any problems and such, or add me on Facebook if you want. It's not hard, but can be a bit of a challenge to begin with after having only packs! x

Aww thank you yes I am blessed to have her she is a lovely girlx

Yes generally human resources do help in these kind of situations, however as I am the line manager I have ultimate responsibility and usually I need to do most of the prep and talking!

I do enjoy my work to an extent, I would love to do something more creative, or have the ability to work in a more flexible way... but the heavy mortgage needs paying!!!

I am looking forward to lite - I think my mind is getting there slowly I can now see the changes in my body, health and mood - so I am still very motivated to keep going. it would be nice to share a meal with the family again - however if I am honest it does not bother me too much..

Thanks you sooo much for the offer of support I am going to need it!!! and right back at you - I am always on the board and here to help you on your way too x

Day 38 - hi akk, so nearly the weekend... I always feel like I want to eat on friday's - it is obviously a habit as i am not hungry.

So off to the gym tonight, I plan to do some cross trainer and some gentle stuff. I am then doing a yoga class on sunday and from next week I am going to try and get to the gym on Tues (zumba and pilates) and Thurs (gym equip) then Sun (yoga).

I pay a fortune for membership so I should try and make good use of it.

I am going to see how I do with the gym this week coming and if i feel that I am struggling I will move up to lite on day 45 next sat as planned. psychologically i feel that I need to include exercise now and it that means moving to some food so be it.. Obviously still very commited to the plan and my group, but i feel its time. On average I am only doing about 2 lbs a week now on total, so if I can maintain that with lite it is a win win...

Anyways have a great day/weekend - i am sure to pop in after my session and WI tomorrow.

Hi Curvy, you seem to be oozing a little bit more positivity, which is nice to see! :)

My OH's mum has weekly 'me' time at the gym attending classes, it can be tedious, but I guess it's a way to escape the routine and have some alone time doing something just for yourself. It's important to keep to it and it's nice to see you planning some of this too. :) Yoga sounds rather fun...!

2 lbs per week is fairly standard - as long as you don't exceed the 850 calorie per day mark, you'll lose the same as on Total. There has been scientific research done on diets of 500 calories and 800 calories per day - after the initial few weeks, weight loss was exactly the same for both groups. Some research even suggested not much difference for someone following a 800-1200 per day plan with incorporation of exercise, so don't worry too much when you make the transition to Lite. It's a healthier plan in my opinion than just packs alone. You are ready and that matters the most! You seem in tune with your bad habits (Friday night mental expectations!) so you're on good ground to get a healthier you on track. :)

xx

Thanks for the advice x

Back