Daily Exercise

Joydriven

Holding myself accountable to my commitment to a daily walk! Yesterday was my first day and went out for a quick one with the intention of a longer one later. Well, those 13 minutes were all I accomplished.

After reading someone's post of how the days they don't walk, the weight doesn't decrease motivates me even more. Anyone else want to join my daily accountability jaunt?

Sunday: 13 minutes

Last edited:
I'm pushing for daily exercise. Finding any excuse not to at times, so at 10pm I did level 2 of 30 day shred and have never sweat so much. Need to do this daily!! Maybe we can guilt each other into it?! Now I've got too many endorphins to sleep...

I'm super impressed with that! I'm also forever putting it off. It's not so much I don't want to, but that is a huge part of it, but that I keep saying later.

I'll be motivated tonight at 10 pm to get out there if I haven't done so earlier, by you! I've got an 85 lb she dog whom keeps me feeling very safe, so no excuses there!

Thanks for joining me!

Up at dawn to walk the 4.5km to work (50 mins usually, depending on traffic lights)...

I rarely get time to walk, I tend to get most of my exercise with the brief walk to school and then cycling to and from work. Plus 3 runs /jogs of varying length a week.

Yesterday: 10 mins walk to school, 6km jog (35 mins), 50 mins cycling (total)
Today: at home with sickie child - 2x10min cycle to nursery and back to drop off and collect the other one!

I like this, there isn't really a thread to keep track on exercise :)

Today is my gym break day :) so I've walked to the kids from school 5mins walk ;)

umm I walked to the shops and back which is about a 20 minutes there & back!

Gonna pick the kids up now..

Maybe we'll walk to the library ;) muahaha

and I've been up and down the stairs at work a trillion times today (huff puff). Not only because Mr. Dukan told us to avoid lifts (but also cos people keep getting stuck in our lifts, and so I'm determined not to be one of them - with a full Dukan bladder!)

I'm only starting the journey home now so be in about half 10. Dreading the DVD then. Painful all day. Did about 40 mins low-moderate circuit exercise at work today (over 2 hours or so) but think its too low to count :( feel like I'm putting on, hate it. Desperate to lose another lb by the weekend but it feels so far away :( want to get to 1.5stone! Need.to.exercise!!!

I can definitely say this thread motivated me! It's the back of 11 and I'm done of day 2 of level 2 of the 30 day shred. Using 1.5 kg weights today and yesterday. Not so good tonight, felt very dizzy and sick when doing it so think I needed to have more food first. Away for yoghurt and the rest of my bran now! Hoping this gets easier! Burn was bad at work, expecting double tomorrow! Xx

Really needed to get out pf the city today, so despite the rain I headed out to Rattlesnake Ridge (Rattlesnake Ridge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia).
I got up to the Ledge in about 55mins, so I'm quite happy with that. Rua had a great walk and behaved very well when I let her off leash for the descent.
Home now, fairly damp and my legs are aching nicely :)

SS - what a beautiful place to walk to...
Xeilidh - I'm amazed you're exercising just before bed time. Do you sleep well after it? I'd fear it would wake me up! Great going though if you've no time earlier on!

Unfortunately a couple of days a week I work 830-430 then from that to other work, getting home around 10ish so it's the only time. I was swimming in the morning for a while but my motivation has been poor if I'm honest. I'm quite awake for about 30 mins ish then I sleep like a log! So I'm productive and get sorted for work the next day then am out for the count. Abs are complaining today!

Tis a really nice place to walk Maintainer. And in the summer you can swim in the lake and there's BBQ areas :)

If you're ever in Washington State do take some time to go on a few hikes. Not only do you get amazing views and a good workout but there's wildlife everywhere. We frequently see bald eagles in the area :)

I love how so many have integrated exercise into their lives. I'm very sedentary now, although on my feet, not much more than standing. But! I could ride my bike into my studio everyday. And, you all have made me realize how that could be a great way to get in some exercise.

Xeili, I get your late night commitment. Went out Monday night for a 25 min walk! Came down with a bug yesterday so didn't get out last night. Am feeling better and hope to tonight. Wondering how everyone handles stomach flus on Dukan? Was dying for a diet ginger ale but made do with 2 nf jello pudding cups.

I gym-ed todaaaaay :) all my tummy felt odd :( resistance weights, 10 minutes bike warm up.. 15 minutes jogging (graident) on the treadmill & 15 minutes on the X-trainer! felt good afterward..although my legs ache..

I'm struggling to fit the DVD in...had to eat after work and going to a rehearsal soon so it'll be late!

Monday- 95 minutes of Zumba
10 minutes walk

Tuesday- 10 minutes walk

Wednesday- 10 minute walk
I went into town after work and parked about 10 minutes walk ish away from where i wanted to go then walked back again

Thursday- dependent on the weather mine walk for 20 mins
45 mins Zumba

Friday- 10 minute walk

Saturday- 45 mins Zumba

Nuff??

SilverSilph said:
Whats Zumba like? I've been considering finding a class

I love it!

Watch a few videos on You Tube, c if it's your thing!

Ive been told I should be an instructor but Im not brave enough!

I am loving the gym at the moment! NEVER EVER thought I'd say that!

Today I had a very busy day but still managed to squeeze 20 min on the treadmill (hill interval) and 12 min on the bike!
House is a mess, washing basket overflowing, no food in the fridge but I went to the gym anyway!

It took me 41 years to enjoy exercising! Very proud of myself!

Back