Daily Exercise

Silver, zumba is great! You should try it!

I remember when I started enjoying the gym!! It's the endorphins.. even like when I went in the mornings and I couldn't be bothered but forced msyelf.. as soon as I was in there and afterward my mood lifted and I felt really good! :D

Dc, how long ago was that? Do you still enjoy it? (please say yes!)

I hate the gym, id rather some one say " you can never eat cake again" then only ever have to go to the gym.

I always say im gonna go, but i never do

I'm loving it too, in spite of myself - it helps when you have friends who go too.. Although my weight hasn't shifted since I joined 6 weeks ago.. :( definitely feel a bit more toned & sleeping like a baby! Couch 2 5k is a great start for those who have never been able to run 20 seconds before - I ran for 20 mins non stop the other day, something I would have never thought possible previously (there are a few apps, or you can download a podcast..) & For any "virgin activers", punch class is highly recommended too!

You're probably building muscle, which is denser than fat! :) I find that I don't lose as much or stagnate without the gym.. before Christmas I barely had a lose due to my gym being closed for two weeks..and then in January it closed (and is still now, I have to trek elsewhere!) and I didn't lose...then lack of motivation kicked in...

lorlypop said:
Couch 2 5k is a great start for those who have never been able to run 20 seconds before - I ran for 20 mins non stop the other day, something I would have never thought possible previously

Same here! Im doing week 7 at the moment!

Well I managed day 3 of level 2 of 30 day shred. With 1.5 kg weights. Sore!!

I've never enjoyed the gym... or any indoor exercise now that I come to think of it (I did used to swim regularly during my big weight loss, but my hair suffered!!)...

Getting up an hour earlier than I need for work happened gradually but now is my natural routine (weekends also, alas!)... it's too early for me to query whether I could/should do something else, and the feeling of well being after my walk to work (even when it's windy, cold, freezing even...) are so worth it. (nb: I don't do rain and I'm hearing suspicious pitter patterings on my window now grrr)

I arrive at work buzzing, happy, and calm for a day's work :)

Nearly 6Km in 55 mins yesterday morning, plus 20 mins last night checking out a restaurant's opening time :)

I've never liked any kind of exercise in my life, that was until I discovered c25k last year. Since I finished the programme about 11 months ago I have been running 5k 3-4 times a week ( every night in the summer ). If I don't get out for my run I'm grumpy and miserable. If anyone had told me I would love running I would have laughed at them

Dc, how long ago was that? Do you still enjoy it? (please say yes!)

Didn't see this :) but I started really going to the gym when I started the diet...and I still enjoy it lots!

I actually missed it when our gym had to close because of fire!

louschu said:
I've never liked any kind of exercise in my life, that was until I discovered c25k last year. Since I finished the programme about 11 months ago I have been running 5k 3-4 times a week ( every night in the summer ). If I don't get out for my run I'm grumpy and miserable. If anyone had told me I would love running I would have laughed at them

This program is great, isnt it? I didnt feel much like running today but i had to do it (I want to finish before I travel). I did week 7 day two, 26min nonstop! I have to pinch myself to believe it's happening!

How long does it take you to run 5k? I am still far from it I think. I did 36 min total today (10 min walking) and got 2.1 miles total.

I love the Couch25K but I can't run it, I have to jog. Almost gave myself a stress fracture when I tried to up my pace over the first 2 weeks :(
I've fallen arches so I don't run in the most....graceful...of ways. I'll get to the 5K with jogging though :D Just waiting for my shins to heal a bit :D

Last edited:
30 minutes yesterday, 3rd day in a row.

I'm off to check out couch 2 5k! Just ordered in new running shoes. I'm a size11 1/2 AA, so impossible to find shoes and with loosing this weight might end up in my original AAAA width. One downfall to loosing.

When I say "run" I mean "jog" :) not sure I'll ever be able to sprint as such, although easier now my boobs have shrunk!

How long does it take you to run 5k?

I'm not fast, it takes me about 25 minutes which I feel isn't bad for a non runner, I'm not really looking to increase my speed, I'm quite happy jogging along and it's helping me maintain my weight:D

Feeling really guilty cause I'm not doing this today. Felt really dizzy at work and I feel like I'm making excuses but I can't bring myself to do it after a 15 hour day :( and I know I won't tomorrow either :(

louschu said:
I'm not fast, it takes me about 25 minutes which I feel isn't bad for a non runner, I'm not really looking to increase my speed, I'm quite happy jogging along and it's helping me maintain my weight:D

That is great! It means you do 10km/hr!

My avrperage is 3.7miles/hour. Tried to increase today but feared to reaching my 26min target.

Lou - give yourself some credit!! a pace of 5min per km is excellent - definitely RUNNING! I seem to average about 5.4, usually pass the 5k mark at about 28 minutes. And I do have to push myself - so you are doing great!

Nina - at this point in c25k don't worry about speed. You're doing great keeping going all that time. Once you have settled on the 30mins, and feel you can get faster, then try to speed up a little towards the end of your run (not at the beginning...). I just kept going as best as I could and have now slowly crept up to 28mins for 5k.
Depending on why you run, keeping going is the main thing. If you push yourself too hard too quickly, you might do yourself some damage too, or take the enjoyment out of running.

There is an (out-of-print) book I found useful/interesting: "No need for Speed" by john Bingham (I got it from the library).
http://www.amazon.co.uk/No-Need-Speed-Beginners-Running/dp/1405067241

Last edited:
Back