Daily Exercise

So true, Anjuschka. I'll remember that about speed. I want to start the c25k. Actually dreamed I was doing it. If only that counted! My hip slipped out yesterday and wont get in to drs till Monday. Its happened before. Think it's a pinched nerve. I'm sad and frustrated. It makes even walking out of the question. If it doesn't progress quickly, I'm heading to the gym's pool. Cold, but at least it's exercise!

Ow ow ow Joy - my commiserations!! Hope you get that seen soon - but as you already know a slipped anything is then more prone to happen again. So be very careful...

Out for my run this morning - after skipping Thursday night because I was still recovering from the cross-family tummy bug.

The weather was BEAUTIFUL. It was still quite chilly but the sun was shining, there was a mist over the fields (about 7.15), a hint of frosty sparkle. And it was so still that I managed my best time EVER. Even with three traffic-light induced 'hesitations' I ran 6k in 33 mins.

But in general I never set out to 'go faster', I just check my pace and notice that some days I'm 'really slow', and some I'm faster - though these variations are minimal really in the bigger picture, slow means 5.5 and fast means 5.2 mins per 1km, and at the time it feels just the same to me. Anyway, I was very pleased with my effort, an improvement on last Sat when running against a really strong headwind was hopeless and exhausting (I was actually catching up on the cyclist in front of me!). I turned round, changed route, ran only 5k and was still completely knackered ;-). It was probably the same effort but today I had so much more to show for it! Good practice for my Sportrelief Mile (sorry shameles plug for sponsorship :) )

https://my.sportrelief.com/sponsor/anja1run

I'm doing the Sainsbury's Sport Relief Mile and taking on 3 miles at The Cambridge Mile to help people living unimaginably tough lives, both at home in the UK and across the world's poorest countries.

Which is where you come in... I really need your help to smash my fundraising target! And since you're already here, looking so kind and generous, I'm very much hoping you'll sponsor me now.

I did about 50 mins of hacking yesterday, followed by mucking out. legs definitely got a workout!

I completely agree Zoe! I had a concert yesterday and had no time for exercise and today I feel meh :( need to push myself to try weights tonight cause I'll feel better for it!

I did 40 min weights, 40 min circuit and 10 min bicycle

30 mins Puma Faas Class at the gym. The "cool down" involved rubbing a tennis ball under your foot - I know where I wanted to tell the instructor to shove it!!! :faint2:

46 min on the treadmill (28 jogging)

Has anyone heard of "interval training"? Apparently it burns twice the amount of fat in half the time.

Interval is just high-low-high-low etc. The 30 day shred I do is interval. Although I've been pants at exercise recently.

Just found a local gym thats doing a special offer of $0 enrollment and $15 a month membership fees! I'm going for a tour of the facilities tomorrow.
It comes with all the classes, like Zumba and spinning. I'm excited :D Just have to run it by my hubby, but I don't think he'll have a problem :)

Excellent Silver! New classes are so much fun and a new place so motivational!

Well, I'm ok to walk and went for a 25 minute walk. Hopefully I'll be able to start the C2 5k soon!

SilverSilph said:
Just got a 2yr gym membership for $280! :eek: :party0011:

That includes a chiropractic appt tomorrow and 2 personal training sessions and most of the classes :D

Whoop! What a great deal, i pay £34.50 a month for mine and thats corporate rates coz i work for the government!! Does include over 100 free classes over 4 sites though including a swimming pool and 3 gyms!

46 min on the treadmill (28 jogging)

Has anyone heard of "interval training"? Apparently it burns twice the amount of fat in half the time.

I do interval training, it's what my Bf's personal trainer used to do with him. Short bursts of speedy exercise can be beneficial compared to doing slow, long exercise as I think it raises your heart rate quicker which speeds up the fat burning process.. or something.. my BF tried to explain then made me google. but it's good to do along with weights...

I always feel like I've pushed myself when I do it.

about 40 mins of walking tonight with the dog (am at home so had to get dukan friendly food from the supermarket) at least I did something tonight!

DeeCe said:
I do interval training, it's what my Bf's personal trainer used to do with him. Short bursts of speedy exercise can be beneficial compared to doing slow, long exercise as I think it raises your heart rate quicker which speeds up the fat burning process.. or something.. my BF tried to explain then made me google. but it's good to do along with weights...

I always feel like I've pushed myself when I do it.

I tried that today but didnt quite know what I was doing. I ran fast 30 sec, rested 30 sec then walked fast for another 30. I stopped at 20 min.
I also did 40 min of weight training with very very little rest between repetition and machines and 25 min of ice skating with the kids.

I walked to work yesterday and did a big detour, totalling 7km. I then walked almost home to a restaurant for dinner, 4.5km, then home, 500m. A good day :)
(NB: walking home is harder than walking to work!!)

Back